* Author Topic: May / June 2020 cycle buddies  (Read 4253 times)

0 Members

Offline Ducky1

modify
May / June 2020 cycle buddies
« Reply #30 on: 10/06/20, 21:52 »
xZoeSx good luck with starting buserelin!

PippityPoppity Hope AF turns up soon. I havenít been on prednisolone before so canít advise but hope you are able to come to a decision x

Snowdropwood glad that EC went well for donor and she is doing well. Am glad youíve found counseling helpful and so sorry to hear youíve not had the support youíve hoped for from friends and family. Hope you get good news tomorrow. X

DW39 thatís brilliant news on the follicles and lining! Looks like your body is going back to normal after the ERPC 🤞 Good luck for Fri. X

Not much going on here, feeling a bit low on the buserelin. Starting to worry that AF will be late and delay the baseline scan next week even though itís not actually due yet! I should really try not overthink things 😂

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #31 on: 11/06/20, 22:18 »
    Hi Snowdrop - glad you were able to write her a letter and wow that she got 20 eggs! Best of luck tomorrow for your baseline scan and I hope you get a good update from the lab as well.

Hi Ducky - sorry to hear you are feeling a bit rubbish on the burselin. These drugs dont half mess with our hormones when it is already a very emotional time for us all. How are you feeling now? Hopefully your body will adjust to it and you will start to feel better soon. When are you booked in for your baseline scan next week?

Tomorrow I go in early for egg collection. I am always in an upbeat mood on these cycles till about now, when it suddenly hits you about all the ifs and buts. So am starting to get nervous now re how many eggs and whether any will fertilise etc etc. But I guess what will be will be so just have to ride it out!! Think I'll keep myself nice and distracted tomorrow evening with movies and pizza - going to allow myself one night off from healthy eating during this cycle

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 12/06/20, 11:30 »
    DW39 hope your egg collection went well today! Enjoy your pizza and relaxation tonight. X

Hope everyone else is doing ok. Nothing exciting for me, AF due today but will probably be late with the down reg. 🤞 to come at weekend.

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 12/06/20, 22:26 »
    Hi again,  feel pretty traumatized, after decades of this  , on my own, in covid situation, with 3 neighbours about to give birth i am running out of ability and energy tbh, I feel how my life is shrinking, paralysed , how much pain i am in , how no one can do anything about it other than me ....the update from the lab was good but my scan was awful so scrapped this time and new treatment plan written up for down regulating. the drive is 2 hrs to the clinic and the covid set up there felt scary and busy ,  sorry for moan but i am very low, night xxx

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #34 on: 13/06/20, 12:57 »
    Hi snowdrop. Sorry to hear your news. Have you been able to freeze any of your donors embryos for your next cycle? Hopefully if you have it may make the next round slightly easier and less stressful. It sounds like they have a good plan for next time though so fingers crossed that will go well. Have they told you when you can next again?

Afm its not great news either. They retrieved 13 eggs even though the doc said there were only 5/6 of good size. They managed to inject 10 but this morning we found out only 3 fertilised. I guess I should not be surprised given I have just turned 43 so now we likely have egg quality issues as well. My clinic annoyingly won't do a 3 day transfer so we have to pray and hope we get at least one to 5 days. Not convinced of my chances so am trying to get myself ready for yet more disappointment. And so the rollercoaster ride begins.....

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 13/06/20, 19:33 »
    Hi DW39, I hope you have recovered from your proceedure and that you get good updates from the lab on these 3  - it is such a roller coaster as you say at every stage isnt it - fingers crossed for you .....

I am also being updated by the lab. The problem was my scan and bloods so yes have to start in a few weeks 28th June with Busereline long protocol next time. This is new for me  - has anyone used this drug / protocol ? I just found the whole day emotionally exhausting esp in covid world and on my own and being alone all the time at home  .  hey ho, better days ahead i hope xx

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 13/06/20, 22:04 »
    DW39 itís a shame your clinic wonít consider 3dt but you still have 3 in the running and I really hope they make it to day 5. Will you be getting another update?

Snowdropwood Really sorry to hear your scan didnít turn out well but hopefully youíll have good news from the lab. Iím on long protocol for FET right now. This is the second time Iíve done this but 3rd time Iíve down regulated (I did down regulation in March but wasnít able to proceed to FET due to Covid). Itís quite long but itís not so bad and the added advantage is that thereís a bit of flexibility with dates. Iíve been taking buserelin to Ďswitch everything offí since CD21 and on day 10 of injections. Am desperately hoping my period comes soon as they will scan me after to check lining is thin and no follicles on ovary etc. Once that is confirmed I take oestrogen tablets for 10 days to thicken the lining again followed by another scan. If lining thick enough then start progesterone to Ďprimeí the lining and ET is 7 days later. The first two times I downregulated I had headaches with buserelin but not this time. I did have some mild nausea earlier on but this seems to have stopped a week after starting buserelin. Some people have more symptoms with it and some have none. Hope this helps. X

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 13/06/20, 22:59 »
    Hi Ducky1, Thankyou for the info/experiences about  buserelin, yes this sounds very similar to the schedule they prescribed starting 28th June with noristhertone for 7 days .  It does seem very long and I have to find a calmer mindset or peace or ways of being kind to myself I realize now after how distressed and exhausted I felt yesterday when things went wrong, this is partly due to be on my own and driving a fair way to the clinic.  Yes the lab rings again next week to update and then hopefully freezes a number of blastocysts I hope.  Thanks again xx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 15/06/20, 22:38 »
    Hi - how are others doing ? The lab said I have a number of (Double donor ) blastocysts frozen - I really felt the knock of the treatment being cancelled again but will start with the new longer protocol at the end of June.  I think we all know how consuming and distressing the ups and downs are, so i dont think I need to expand on that ! I did some shopping distraction today, have stopped alcohol and know I need to find calmer ways of coping xx

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #39 on: 16/06/20, 08:51 »
    Hi Snowdrop - that's great news you have some blasts to work with! Did they tell you how many? That's a big step done and now you can focus on getting your cycle right to be able to transfer them. Am glad you got some good news.

Hi Ducky - how are you going? Any sign of AF? Is your body getting used to the burselin?

How is everyone else? The Board is very quiet (understandably) although my clinic is saying they are already getting back to normal again.

I also got a call from the lab and totally expected them to say all embryos had gone. But instead she said all three had survived to day 3 and looked top quality. My hands wouldn't stop shaking after the call as all weekend I had been preparing myself to start to think about moving to DE which I will do when/if I sense my OE are no longer viable. So now the long wait till tomorrow..... From day 3 to day 5 is where we usually have a big drop in numbers as we have sperm issues which apparently such a drop is indicative of. Pray pray pray we make it to tomorrow with even just one little embie.

Hope everyone is doing well and managing to enjoy the sunshine.