* Author Topic: May / June 2020 cycle buddies  (Read 4256 times)

0 Members

Offline Ducky1

modify
May / June 2020 cycle buddies
« Reply #40 on: 16/06/20, 12:01 »
Snowdropwood this is wonderful news with the frosties! Totally understand how devastating it is not to be able to proceed with transfer when you are all geared up for it. But hopefully you will respond much better to the new protocol 🤞🤞🤞

DW39 This is fantastic news!! If they are looking to be great quality now then thereís still a good chance to make day 5. Really hoping you have good news in 2 days 🙏🙏🙏🙏 Come on little embies!!!

AFM AF started yesterday so having first scan on Thursday. Hoping I can start oestrogen

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 16/06/20, 22:32 »
    Hi again, yes DW39 really wishing you good news tomorrow .......and Ducky good luck with the scan and next steps.

AFM the lab froze the DD blastocysts today, 5 good and 2 not so great, which i am hopeful about . I am glad i was sole recipient for the egg donor lady and also that i paid extra for the embryoscope in the lab.  Starting noristerone on 28th June , keep posted x

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 17/06/20, 17:34 »
    Snowdrop - wow that's an amazing number of blasts, you must be really pleased. Hopefully the next protocol will work and you'll be able to transfer those beautiful blasts!!

Hi Ducky - hooray for AF. Bet you cant wait to get started for the next part of the cycle. Best of luck for your scan tomorrow!

Adm, I have just got back from the clinic after a bit of a rollercoaster day. This morning they called and said that the 3 embies were being slow and weren't at blast stage - cue the panic!! They wanted to do the transfer tomorrow if any moved on but I was keen on today as an ERA has told me my uterus is receptive on day 5 (today). They said they understood and if I waited till 4PM that that should give them enough time to see if anything was happening. An anxious few hours later I went to the clinic and they said 2 were at very early blast stage and were doing what they wanted to see (one was bigger that the other) and one hadn't budged from this morning. They asked again if I wanted to wait till tomorrow and but after some discussion we all agreed to go ahead today with the two that were more active as, whether they work or don't in the lab or me, the outcome will be the same - just with a more anxious 2ww! So here I am. Not full of confidence but praying that my two embies that are on board are fighters.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #43 on: 17/06/20, 19:06 »
    DW39 that sounds like a stressful day!! Iím so pleased for you that 2 made it to blast and youíve had ET today.  Really hope for you one of them sticks 🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Snowdropwood Not long until you prep for FET, hope it goes well this time!

Iím having my scan tomorrow, a bit worried as still bleeding but hopefully lining is thin enough to start oestrogen.

Offline KLO30

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 18/06/20, 20:33 »
    Hi everyone, hope its ok to join. Probably similar to alot of you i was due to start a treatment cycle (FET) that got cancelled because of the corona situation. My clinic have now started treatments again and i have been told i may be able to start my fet cycle on my next cycle (AF due in around two weeks so not too much longer).  Just wondering what eveyones experience has been like starting treatment with everything thats happening with coronavirus. Im excited to start treatment again but also super anxious with everything thats going on.

Pritamin, i think we cycled at the same time a couple of years ago  🙂. I remember you as we live not so far from one another although ended up having treatment at diffent clinics 🙂.

I look forward to hopefully being cycle buddies with you all soon 🙂

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #45 on: 18/06/20, 20:48 »
    KL030 welcome! I just went into clinic for first time today. Consults etc all on video calls. Had to wear mask, use hand gel going in. We have to sign Covid consent forms to say will accept Covid swabs when asked and will abide with government social distancing rules. Also have to have 2 Covid swabs during treatment, will be cancelled if test positive. All payments made on phone and not at the clinic. Otherwise if was much the same as before. Try not to worry, that list I gave may seem daunting but it was absolutely fine. Although Iíve not had the Covid swab yet so I may think differently after that, sounds uncomfortable! 🤣

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 18/06/20, 21:27 »
    Hey KL030 - nice to have a few more people join! I have just been through a fresh cycle with my clinic so I was there almost every other day. The clinics are being very careful and as Ducky says they ask that everyone wear masks and they have plenty of hand gel around. Also 2m spaces if queuing at reception and mine was taking everyone's temperature (via the ear) before they were allowed into the hospital. I had to have one covid swab before egg collection and they stick a swab down your throat which wasnt too bad but then also down each nostril - and really quite far down! Just count slowly to 6 while they do it and it will be fine (just get slightly watery eyes).

Ducky - how was your baseline scan today? Have you started on your oestrogen?

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #47 on: 18/06/20, 21:55 »
    Oh yes, forgot about the temp check! The waiting room is actually already really spaced out so it looked the same as before. They only allow one person at a time to the reception as itís really small. Partners are still allowed in if they consent to Covid swabs unlike other places but Iíve always gone in by myself, even pre Covid.

DW39 I had the scan but lining wasnít thin enough so Iím back on Tues. Hopefully it will be ok by then. How are you doing?

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 18/06/20, 22:12 »
    Ducky - how annoying. Hopefully by Tuesday it will start behaving and you can start on the oestrogen.

The other thing they said to me (and maybe check with your own clinics) but as they were trying to minimise numbers of people in the hospital my husband could not come in for the transfer. It was a shame but it's all very understandable.

I am doing ok thanks. A bit crampy but I know that can be anything including the progesterone so just trying to not get our hopes up so we can prepare for the worst. Also planning our next move if it doesnt work. I know I should be more positive about it but it's the only way I can cope with the disappointment if it fails ie to have our next step/plan in place. Counting down the days.....

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 18/06/20, 23:11 »
    DW39 itís entirely understandable to want to prepare yourself. Whilst itís probably best not to read into symptoms (or lack of), itís pretty hard to not do that in real life! When were you thinking of testing, or waiting for OTD? I think our clinic OTD is 11dp5dt