* Author Topic: May / June 2020 cycle buddies  (Read 4246 times)

0 Members

Offline BroodySingle

• VIP Member Sponsor
  • Ever hopeful
modify
May / June 2020 cycle buddies
« Reply #50 on: 19/06/20, 09:13 »
Hi ladies,

Do you mind if I join you?

Snow, thatís great news on the number of blasts. So pleased youíve been able to get this far! Sorry youíre still not in the best place with your family, I know itís hard on you. x

Ducky, keeping everything crossed for Tuesday!  ^pray^ x

DW39, keeping everything crossed for you!  ^pray^ x

KLO30, good luck with the FET! I didnít find the COVID swab too terrible. I needed to blow my nose after to get rid of the odd sensation but wasnít painful in anyway! x

AFM, after a few false starts before COVID I finally did my first stims injection last night!

Iím doing this solo, and my AMH is absolutely awful (0.44 pmol) so I have no idea how Iíll respond to the medication. I also donít know how many follicles Iím starting with as my consultant had me on the pill for about 40 days so Iíd be ready to start now, but it means my system was completely about down so I wonít find out follicle numbers until my scan on Monday.

I paid for an extra COVID test at my pull scan (£85) so I could be confident I was virus free before using my £1.7k worth of meds!  ;D Iím now shielding to make sure I stay that way.

xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 19/06/20, 09:30 »
    Morning ladies, so the chat has gotten busy again which is great news as it means more and more of us are starting.
    I donít think Iíll be able to catch up with past posts but will do as I go along.

Snowdrop, amazing news on the number of blasts, why canít you have transfer straight away? (Sorry, I havenít gone back that far on the chat)

DW - totally understand how you feel but thereís always something nice to be in the PUPO bubble :) . Fingers crossed for you.  ^pray^ when is your otd? My clinic doesnít allow partners either but tbh my husband never came to either, I just popped out in my lunch break to get it done 🙈

Afm - I went in for scan yesterday and was able to start on progynova (2 tablets am and 2 tablets pm) and my next scan to check lining is 30th June so if all goes well I think Iím looking at transfer around 5th July.

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 19/06/20, 20:25 »
    Hi again, yes really heartening to see  a few of us here resuming various treatments after all the cancellations  - my recent scan and blood with a view for FET suggested I should go again with down regs because the ovaries were active and unpreditable, I havent done down regs or FET before as previously with own egg IVF I had fresh E/T,  best wishes all xx

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 20/06/20, 08:11 »
    Hi Snowdrop - that's good there is a new protocol lined up for you. Fingers crossed it will work and you can transfer some of those lovely blasts!!

Hi Pritamin- fingers crossed for your scan and great you are off and running. 5 July will come around quicker than you think!!

Broody - nice to have you here and think you and me are the only ones doing a full on cycle (everyone else has FETs I think). What protocol are you on? Is this your first cycle? There is something satisfying about getting your first injection out the way!!

Ducky - how are you doing? Hopefully counting down the days till your scan. My OTD is Friday 26th which will be two weeks from my EC. I normally try to wait till then to stay in PUPO bubble as long as possible but I am already starting to get tempted....! If I can hold out till monday then work should keep me distracted till friday.....otherwise doing the usual symptom spotting and googling like crazy but not that confident but let's see. Anyway, great it has got busy here now with lots of scans next week it looks like.

Good luck everyone!!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 22/06/20, 19:59 »
    Howís everyone doing?

Broodysingle how are the stims going?

DW39 hope the 2WW is treating you kindly and youíre not going too mad with the symptoms spotting? Do you think youíll manage to hold out to OTD?

Snowdropwood hope you are doing ok, not long until you start again x

Have my scan tomorrow to see if can start oestrogen, feeling nervous! X

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 22/06/20, 20:48 »
    Hi Ducky1  bestest for scan tomox - yes i am quietish and start long protocol on Sunday . I still  process  the feelings which come up around being single and using DD at 43 within a family who are not helpful. i bought a couple of short books from the DCN ( donor conception network ) and gave one to my mum but my efforts seem in vein.  Is anyone else on here using donors? x

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 23/06/20, 07:51 »
    Hey Ducky - good luck with your scan today. Let us know how it goes!

Snowdrop - if this cycle doesnt work for us (which I think is the case) then we will move to donor sperm. After that, as I am also 43, we may also do DD if donor sperm with OE doesn't work. I am stating to read a lot around the subject as I think this will end up being our path and many others have said they wished they had turned to donor sooner to save a lot of heartache which is where I think my head is coming too as well.

Afm I have resisted testing - although i almost did today as have given up all hope. Over the weekend had plenty of cramping and was super super tired which I saw as good signs but yesterday and today all symptoms have disappeared and woke up with boobs not feeling that sore anymore. I think it was likely a chemical and I have been here before so I know the signs well for a chemical. OTD is Friday but will test maybe tomorrow to put myself out of my misery and have already started to prepare DH for the rubbish news.

But onwards and upwards as they say so good luck to everyone doing scans etc this week. Wishing you all the best!!

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 23/06/20, 15:30 »
    Snowdropwood so difficult for you if your family havenít been supportive. But you are so resilient to have made it this far by yourself xx

DW39 so sorry to hear you are not feeling positive about this cycle. Iím sure you know this but symptoms coming/ going or not being there at all doesnít necessarily mean the cycle has failed. But equally Iím all too aware of that need to prepare for the worst. I do really hope you get good news when you decide to test though!!

AFM scan went well today, Iíve just started on oestrogen and have another scan next week, hope to get a transfer date 🤞

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 23/06/20, 21:18 »
    HI, hello to all on this tough road with scans and tests and everything which we somehow manage to cope with which is no mean feet . I have felt a bit wobbled by some donor conception threads on specific DC social media pages , perhaps i try to take too much in / look too far ahead , that said i listened to an excellent webinar on IVF - I feel tired ( without even being on any meds!) but a step at a time we go ! xx

Offline DW39

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #59 on: 24/06/20, 08:36 »
    Indeed snowdrop just one step at a time! I know that feeling all too well.

Glad the scan went well Ducky! You are off and running. Woohoo!

Unfortunately I had a BFN this morning. Not even a squint of a line so am defo out. It was our last go with OE and DH sperm and we gave it our all but it was not meant to be. We already said if this didnt work then we would try OE and donor sperm  next so we are now on that road and will cycle as soon as I can get my body back in shape. We had a plan in place and this was always a long shot so while we are sad and frustrated we have a way forward and that is helping a lot.

Best of luck with everyone's cycles and will keep an eye on the thread to see how everyone is doing!!