* Author Topic: 18 months of loss and sadness - should we try IVF?  (Read 472 times)

0 Members

Offline Everhopeful28

• Un-Ranked
Hi everyone, this is my first post on here, so Iím not even sure Iím doing it correctly?! A little bit about us... Iím 39 and my partner is 35. I have a little boy, 13, from a previous relationship, and my partner and I have a 2 year old. For the last 18 months weíve been trying to conceive, however, in that time weíve had 4 miscarriages. We had some tests done and the only things that were flagged was my ticking clock (borderline levels) and that my partner has high DNA fragmentation 37%. For 4 months (since last mc) weíve been on Zita west vitamins along with 1200mg coQ10 and we both lead healthy lifestyles. My partner runs daily, has never drank or smoked, but weíre hoping all the vitamins and the additional rest during lockdown might help. However, weíve been trying for the last 3 months and I still havenít fallen pregnant. The one thing I had on my side previously was that I always fell pregnant easily, so now Iím starting to panic. The doctor has said heíll prescribe progesterone once I get a bfp, but I have a feeling weíre going to have another disappointing month. Iím due on in a week and usually have symptoms by now. Iím feeling really sad and frustrated and wonder if itís time we move onto ICSI or similar. We had some of our tests done at lister and it looks like theyíve reopened. I just donít know what is the beat course of action for us now and would welcome any advice you lovely lot can give.

Thanks for reading xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline moore77

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    18 months of loss and sadness - should we try IVF?
    « Reply #1 on: 18/05/20, 19:49 »
    Hi There, Iím sorry that things have not worked out so far it can feel like such a lonely road at times with so many hurdles. After 3 years and a mc trying for my first child now 8 Iím 42 , I went to an ivf clinic to seek help but thatís when I learnt I was pregnant with him and that actually I was very lucky as very low AMH. They told me if I wanted another Iíd need to get on it sooner rather than later and 5 ivfís later and another mc, one cancelled cycle , 2 negative cycles I got pregnant and gave birth at 40. I also found out in this time that we had dna fragmentation issues and I also had immune issues. We changed lots of things supplements Zita west , lifestyle, my husband eating more vit c and vit e foods. He improved massively , I also had to run the gauntlet of different immune meds.
    Was it worth yes, it came with obviously quite a cost but sacrifices were made. Iíve been with Lister and Argc but final go was a clinic in Spain , all 3 very different in approach and meds.
    Personally if this is getting you down and as time is passing as you say then it may be worth getting any other tests in order and see what protocols they are offering /success rates among clinics and if viable taking the plunge. Itís certainly a big decision as ivf is a big commitment still with no guarantees but I felt like I was taking some control of it and I needed that.
    Wishing you the best in these uncertain times

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    18 months of loss and sadness - should we try IVF?
    « Reply #2 on: 26/07/20, 14:41 »
    I am sorry you are going through this, stay positive and don't give up. All the best luck x