* Author Topic: Ivf after ectopic  (Read 251 times)

0 Members

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
modify
Ivf after ectopic
« on: 20/07/20, 18:40 »
I had a ruptured ectopic in march. Didnt even know i was pregnant as my test after my ivf was negative.
Getting things ready for another cycle in September.

Can anybody share any success storys or just anything really i feel lost and unsure and have nobody to talk to.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline koala boo

• We are so grateful for our precious little girl x
    modify
    Ivf after ectopic
    « Reply #1 on: 20/07/20, 23:22 »
    Hello Bobbinhead,
    Sorry to read your post of an ectopic pregnancy recently. Really feel for you.

I had an ectopic in 2017 after a positive pregnancy test and remember the pain - it was awful! I called the Dr who told me could be normal pain in early pregnancy and to rest in bed. When I had first scan at fertility centre it was then they confirmed ectopic and had to go hospital immediately. Such a scary experience and full of emotions as they kept doing tests saying I was pregnant then blood tests confirming the loss just heartbreaking.
    Like you I felt so lonely with it all and thought that was the end of our journey (at the time we also had one child from 2009 and longed for another). We had FT prior also but hadnít worked.

We had frozen embryos at our clinic and I struggled at the thought of not giving them a chance but was also so scared of another ectopic which I heard could be likely after one.. Anyway after much thought and discussing  with DH and talking to the Dr etc, after healing the next year we decided to go for it and amazingly it worked and we had another baby in 2018.
    We had 4 frozen embryos left and we went for another 2 frozen embryos this year and am now 24 weeks pregnant. So just to reassure you it can work still. There is hope.

Do you have any frozen embryos or would you need to go for a fresh cycle?

Sending you lots of positive luck with your journey whatever you decide to do will be right for you

Take care of yourself x

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    modify
    Ivf after ectopic
    « Reply #2 on: 21/07/20, 06:38 »
    Hi

I had an ectopic in July 2014 , Dec 2014 I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure Iím guessing this is why I had a bad egg which implanted in the wrong place and then 2016 we started DE ivf , finally got pregnant in July 2018 with twin boys who were born March 19.

We couldnít of done it without our fantastic clinic.

Keep your chin up and keep going x

Offline bobbinhead

modify
    Ivf after ectopic
    « Reply #3 on: 21/07/20, 13:04 »
    Hi Koala.

No we used our 3 frozen (2 fails 1 miscarriage) january was a fresh and this will be another fresh. And our last as its the last of the money and the last of the sperm (cant buy anymore and husband refuses to choose another, a decision i 100% support)

Im debating asking for 2 embies this time but everybody seams so against it including my clinic.

Thankyou for sharing your story.

Offline bobbinhead

modify
    Ivf after ectopic
    « Reply #4 on: 21/07/20, 13:07 »
    Hi Treez

Thankyou for sharing your story. It really helps.
    Im worried its to soon and my body is still healing as was only March and clinic wanted me to go again in June but i felt it was to soon i was still getting a lot of pain around period and ovulation.

I want 2 embies this time not that anybody agrees with me but at the same time quite scared of it for many reasons beyond being a parent of twins (as a nursery nurse that bit doesnt fase me to much)

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    modify
    Ivf after ectopic
    « Reply #5 on: 21/07/20, 13:12 »
    I think you have to do what your comfortable with personally if you want to wait wait

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Ivf after ectopic
    « Reply #6 on: 27/07/20, 11:06 »
    Hi bobbinhead

I think we were both on the January/feb cycle buddies thread. Anyway, I just wanted to write and say hello because we appear to be having similar journeys at the moment. I had an ectopic which ruptured in March. Iíd been told it was miscarriage but it turns out the EPAU were wrong and eventually I collapsed. It was awful, I know you know that so I wonít go in to details. Anyway, Iíve recently started levothyroxine as my tsh was too high but am hoping to be doing ivf in September. I have a lot of emotions about it. Fearful obviously but also I want to get going. Anyway it sounds like weíll be cycling together again. I hope we both have better outcomes
    Xx