* Author Topic: Is this it? The end of the road?  (Read 1164 times)

0 Members

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
modify
Is this it? The end of the road?
« Reply #10 on: 30/05/20, 19:23 »
If it were me and I was your age i would try clomid for 6 months and reassess, def worth getting an AMH test to put your mind at ease. All the best.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Northern

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 30/05/20, 23:06 »
    I would agree with artypants - 6 months isnít long in ivf world - itís definitely worth trying something that may spare you having to go through full ivf, you never know it might just work. If it doesnít, then at least you can enter ivf knowing you tried everything else first. It also gives you more time to fully get your head around the implications of egg sharing if you do choose that option; you would need counselling as part of the process so itís just good to let yourself mull it all over without the time pressure of wanting to start treatment.
    Good luck with whatever you choose x

Offline Raikonen

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 30/05/20, 23:58 »
    Hi, hope your all well

Thank you for your points of view, it is all a massive help and great to get opinions of others in the same/similar situation.

Iam definitely leaning more towards the clomid route first and have spoken to my OH and relayed the opinions of you both and he definitely agrees that we should try clomid first, he is going to be excersising with me to help me lose weight and support me with eating habits, so that's going to be a great help.

I also never thought about it giving me the extra 6 months after I've lost the weight to prepare for everything egg sharing and IVF would bring and I think that can only be a good thing plus it also gives OH time to do the same.

We habe spoken about it alot and are positive that if the clomid doesn't work then egg sharing is the way forward for us not just for the fact that the IVF would affordable for us but for the fact that if I can help someone else become parents who have struggled to then that makes the whole thing that much more worth while. We all have to stick together and help out where we can so I feel like I would be giving back and helping someone else have their dream of a family. (I know that might make me sound a bit up myself there but knowing as many of you do how hard it is and horrible to go through this I'd like to help someone else out if i can).

So would I have to go to the doctors or would it be a thing the fertility clinic did? The AMH test? I think I should go and get that done like you all said I would then know where I stand.

Iam not religious but I guess you could say my mum is my guru/counsellor/life coach lol she keeps me grounded and my head level so before any of this starts I will be speaking to her, previously when I first went through it all at 21 she was there with me the whole way through on my good days and bad days. It might sound bad but iam not really one for meditation or yoga I tend to take myself of into a quiet room and draw its my personal therapy lol and that gives me time to think and also clear my mind.

Congratulations on your pregnancy Mac that's fantastic, I bet you cannot wait to meet your little bub, how exciting. When are you due if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks again everyone, iam honestly so glad i came back to this forum you are all such a huge help.

^hugme^

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 1/06/20, 10:24 »
    That sounds like a good plan. Maybe in the meantime you can do some more research about egg sharing and then if it comes to that you would feel more informed and ready to make the decision.

We were exactly the same with our choice to egg share. We needed donor sperm and knew what it felt like to need help getting pregnant, so we thought that it would be lovely to be able to hopefully help another family.

I think some GPs may offer some of the tests that fertility clinics ask you to have, but a clinic is a better bet I would say. When we had our AMH tested initially we also had an internal scan which just checked that our uterus and ovaries looked ok and that gave extra peace of mind.