* Author Topic: Reproductive/fertility endocrinologist UK? And postal testing?  (Read 2243 times)

0 Members

Offline brooky

Hi there can anyone recommend a reproductive or fertility endo? I am in Norfolk UK but due to current situation would prob do video appointment or something anyway so location not an issue. Would also like to have some hormone bloods done am happy to pay to have done via a postal service and also to have full thyroid stuff done. Anyone done this and can recommend a service? Thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    I saw Professor Conway, a reproductive endocrinologist, who has a good reputation. He was based in Harley Street London (possibly other bases too), but you may be able to get a virtual appointment, worth looking into? I had already done quite a lot of research myself and been to see other people so he mainly confirmed what I was already doing or planning, but it was still quite reassuring. He wrote a letter/report afterwards which I could show to my GP and explain why I needed a small amount of Levothyroxine for my thyroid/prevent further  miscarriages and to increase by 25mcg once pregnant (which I did). I also saw Dr Maksoud at Derby Nuffield who was really nice and very thorough too. Hope that helps, good luck x

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    Hi there

I recently used a Thriva home testing kit for my thyroid panel. they do a pretty extensive range of tests, TSH, T4 t3, free T3, TPO & TPOab plus a few other things, it all came to around 69 or slightly higher, but very thorough. I mucked up the blood prick test to begin with and they sent me a brand new kit, make sure you read the instructions carefully how to use the lancet but it was fast and thorough. Good luck

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    Hi I also saw prof Conway only two weeks ago. He was happy to base his opinion on my previous blood tests so I did not need to spend a fortune on redoing blood tests. My tsh was 3.85 which he wants below 2.5 for trying to conceive and also my history of miscarriage. So for that he prescribed 50mcg of thyroxine. I also have insulin resistance so for that he prescribed metformin three times a day. These drugs can both cause weight loss which is the primary reason I consulted with the doctor. I really felt like he listened to me and has given me alot of hope that the treatment will work.  He wants me to be on these medications for the first trimester. My consultation was via Zoom. I received a prescription in two days and a letter for my gp the following day. Overall an excellent service. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. Xxx

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    I also have done some of my bloods through thrivia and it was quick and easy.

Offline Pognut

Hi Bailey,

Do you think you could see Professor Conway if all you had were the Thrivia tests? I'd usually go to my GP but I'd rather do the tests at home rather than go into the surgery right now!

Best of luck with your next cycle xx

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    Yes my results for the tsh was a thrivia test.

Offline Pognut

Great - thank you.

Online Bailey 77

• Gold Member
    Your welcome pognut. Best of luck to you too on your fertility journey and sending you lots of baby dust. Xxx

Offline brooky

Hi guys, thankyou so much for your replies, ^hugme^ I really appreciate it. I have just been taking a break from thinking about it all for a bit.  I will definitely look into Professor Conway then and the thriva tests. That all sounds really hopeful. Thankyou. I have done two fet's so far and miscarriage each time, have been on thyroxine but now thinking maybe there may be immune issues.

Thanks again guys xx