* Author Topic: Egg donation in the Ukraine 2020  (Read 1067 times)

0 Members

Offline Bingo2020

• Un-Ranked
modify
Egg donation in the Ukraine 2020
« on: 30/05/20, 09:30 »
Hello!

This is my first post, I am new to FF. I was diagnosed with early menopause at 34 and now I'm 37, almost 38. My husband and I have made the decision to move to egg donation.

We are looking at treatment abroad and I am very interested in having treatment in the Ukraine. They seem to provide a lot of information about the donor, including family medical history and photos. Intersono also give the option of non anonymous donors, which is great. This makes the process much easier to move forward.

I have tried to search for recent posts about the clinics but I can't find any updated information, perhaps I am not looking properly.

There are two clinics intersono and isida that we found on egg donation friends so these are the ones we are looking at. I have never had IVF before so have no clue what I should be looking for.

It would be wonderful to hear from real people who have used these clinics and would like to provide some feedback. All feedback welcome  :)

Thank you in advance

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline JeffieH

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 30/05/20, 17:55 »
    Hi Bingo2020,

Ukraine does not allow photos of donors, just basic info such as height, hair colour,,eye colour and some basic background info regarding education or work history. Clinics arenít allowed to disclose any more information but Iíve heard some do. If you want more info on donors including photos your options are US, South Africa and Russia. Iíve had personal experience of treatment in the Ukraine and would caution anyone against it due to the unregulated cowboy approach i experienced from at least 2 of the clinics in Kiev (supposedly top clinics). If in doubt, reach out to the British Embassy there. They have been tracking whatís going on at these clinics and are working with Ukrainian government to implement some sort of regulation and policing.

I hear Spain is great for donor treatment and some of the clinics use facial recognition to match you and your donor. I think you can sometimes get a sketch of the donor but not photographs. If youíve got a bit of money you can spare, then USA offers you most options. Frozen eggs via donor egg banks are your cheapest option and make sure you look into the packages which guarantee you a live birth or your money back. (Sounds hideously commercial, but by the time you add up individual failed cycles the money works out the same).

If US is too much, look at South Africa. Great clinics and you get photos of the donor as a child/teen. If you have a UK clinic who can do scans etc, you only need to go once to SA for fresh transfer assuming youíre not using donor sperm. If you are, then itís even easier.

Sorry to rain on the Ukraine thought. Myself and a few other women on here have been taking privately how bad our experiences were. But Iíve also seen some women rave about their experiences. (Admittedly some may be fake profiles by the clinics to boost their image. Sounds cyclical but check the threads on that too. Youíll start to recognise the clinics fake profiles after a while.)

I wouldnít discount the UK option entirely either. One of the UK donor agencies may even offer childhood photos (I think itís Altrui) but I donít know for sure. We decided not to use them because you have to pay a fee just to look at donor profiles and we were in the early stages of our search and felt we had enough non-fee options to look at. But our UK clinic works with them and rates them highly.

Anyway, Iím rambling. Keep researching and reading forums and youíll soon get a good sense of what you feel is right for you in terms of clinic and donor info.

Good luck!! Xx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 30/05/20, 22:48 »
    Hi there,

just to say that i am having DD IVF in the UK atm, so can offer info there on my experiences so far, good luck though with the way forward xx

Offline Bingo2020

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 30/05/20, 23:56 »
    Hi JeffieH,

Thanks for the detailed reply, I appreciate that. Would you be ok to share your experiences about your treatment? You can always send me a personal message. I came on this board to get real feedback about the Ukraine clinics, good and bad so hearing about your experience, in particular about what clinics would be very helpful. I'm shocked that clinics make fake profiles on here, that sounds dreadfully unprofessional.

I can't seem to find any recent threads with information about the Ukraine clinics but I'm not finding it easy to navigate this forum either that could be my problem too.  ???

I've already seen donor photos from one of the clinics, they have a database you can check out. Another reason we were looking at intersono is that it works with an Irish fertility clinic so I felt reassured that they are regulated.

We are also looking at Russia. We did consider an agency in the UK also but the service was very expensive. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond anyhoo  :)

Offline Bingo2020

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 31/05/20, 00:01 »
    Hi snowdropwood

Thanks for taking the time to respond. Would love to hear what you are doing. Did you use an agency or straight with a clinic?

:)

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 31/05/20, 14:09 »
    Hi again  - yes sure, i can tell you a bit but it may not be so relevant , not sure, can I put the clinic name on here , not sure ??

I am 43 , gave up on own egg IVF last year, moved clinic within the same city (south west england) as they did not have a wait list for egg donor treatment. This is because they are quite big and have employed a co ordinater lately and she has been recruiting I guess.

I am also single so had frozen sperm still in storage from failed IVF before which had to stop .  So i am going it alone !

I looked a bit abroad, agencies and so on . I am not sure the point of the agencies in the UK, maybe it is for if the clinic doesnt have donors ? For me , non anonymity of both donors was most important , so decided to stay in the UK, the sperm was via Cryos and is non anonymous donor and the egg donor is having treatment atm at the clinic and is non anonymous as per UK law. i found that not many other countires are non anonymous in Europe , though Portugal is another rare one. That said this is entirely personnal and i can afford for the treatment here in the UK ( well depends how long it might go on for i guess ....!) I decided to be sole recipient to the donor lady of her eggs. i think the cost is £11000 approx and each transfer there after is £1500 , so the costs are huge.

you mention egg donor friends , i think i looked on that too - some countires dont treat single people i found out , the fertiltiy society forum and fertility friends forum are also helpful, and the DNC i find so helpful too.

the clinic gave me a list of a few ladies who were available to start treatment , based on vaguely similar height/ hair colour . From there i chose the lady who felt right, she had children and sounded very grounded .  The treatment started and was cancelled with Clovid 19 so here goes again ! hope that helps a bit , any questions is fine of course x 

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 31/05/20, 20:23 »
    ps to add.....

There is a garentee of 5 eggs  (if there isn't  I guess one would have to start over again but not be charged .....) I think it was £7500 to be 1 or 2 recipients and £11000 to be sole recipient . This is approxiamate ........The egg donor co ordinator can phone you / email and give you the information about the process or just for your own information if you want to compare things with other clinics abroad x

Offline Oakleigh

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 7/06/20, 21:37 »
    Hi Bingo2020
    I am currently with Intersono in Lviv and while I have not yet been successful, I have found them to be very good to work with. In fact the International Coordinator who I liase with at Intersono, is the best I have dealt with (I have worked with 2 other clinics one in Madrid and one in Ireland). Also, their clinic is very nice and state of the art.

I am based in Ireland and have been with Sims (one of the top Irish clinics) for a number of Years. They have an ED program with Intersono. We did this program but we were not successful. We decided to work directly with Intersono in order to ensure a fresh transfer rather than a Frozen transfer.  We have travelled to Lviv twice late last year. My consultant in Sims in Dublin facilitates us for scans blood tests etc.

We are in a non-anonymous program. We chose our donor from the database. There is a photo of the donor as a child. There is also quite alot of detail on the profiles more so than I have gotten from the clinic i worked with in Madrid where I was only given very limited information. Friends who work with other clinics in the Czech Republic have also told me that they get very limited information on the donor.  I was therefore very pleasantly surprised with all the information we received.

Because we were doing a fresh transfer, our 1st visit was for 8 days or so. 13 embryos were collected from our donor and all fertilised. We transferred 2 day 5 embryos and 4 Day 5 or Day 6 embryos were frozen. After our 1st transfer was unsucessful - I returned on my own for a 2nd (frozen) transfer. I was perfectly comfortable being there on my own.

The only thing that bothers me about the programme we are in is that the cost of the frozen transfer is more expensive that the cost of a frozen transfer in Ireland! The initial cycle was much less expensive so i couldnt believe it when the frozen transfer was so expensive.  We currently have 2 embryos frozen in Lviv and I am trying to get them shipped to Ireland for transfer. I figure with the cost of the frozen transfer and flights etc and with the current challenges as a result of coronavirus, I would prefer to have my next transfer in Ireland and it may work out the same price.

Lviv itself is a lovely city and not at all expensive. Easy to get around, really nice food. The clinic organised for us to be picked up and dropped back to the airport. While there we used public transport all the time to get to the clinic and travel around. It was very safe and cheap. In fact, I preferred to use it than use taxis.

No direct flights from Ireland so I travelled via stansted with Ryanair. A little planning and waiting between flights but otherwise not difficult.

I hope this is helpful but if i think of anything else I will post

Offline Bingo2020

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 11/06/20, 22:59 »
    Hi Oakleigh,

Thank you so much for your reply about intersono. I have been liaising with them and have found them to be so prompt. The treatment is very reasonable and I'm very happy with the information about the donor. We are also planning to access the non anonymous route.

That is very reassuring to hear about the clinic and how state of the art it is. I am also Irish and I heard about them because of the link with sims. Would you mind if I sent you a private message?

I'm so sorry that the cycle didn't work for you, i do hope you will have success soon. It is disappointing to hear that the frozen transfer is so pricey. I hope you can get your embabies home to Ireland soon.

Lots of love x

Offline Bingo2020

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 11/06/20, 23:04 »
    Thanks snowdropwood for all that information. I hope your treatment will start again soon. That must have been disappointing to have it cancelled.
    We are still considering donor egg treatment in the Ukraine. Yhere is an non anonymous option with intersono and some good info about the donor.

Thank you so much and best of luck with your cycle.

Xx