* Author Topic: FET following successful IVF cycle?  (Read 133 times)

0 Members

Offline Mmc224

modify
FET following successful IVF cycle?
« on: 24/06/20, 01:42 »
Hi there. We recently were lucky enough to have our first baby, born after 1st donor egg ivf.  I had to use a donor due to ectopic pregnancy and surgery removing both tubes and one ovary, remaining ovary inaccessible for egg collection. We had five day 5 blastocysts. One was implanted and was successful.   

We are keen to return and try for a sibling.   I am breastfeeding but likely to stop by 4-6 months due to return to work. Also, I am 43 now and would be 44+3 months when.baby is one.

Has anyone had a FET following a successful IVF pregnancy?   If so, how long did wait between delivery and FET?   Did you do medicated or natural FET?  How long were you stopped breastfeeding beforehand? Have you got any helpful info for me?  We are UK based and used a clinic in Prague.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline June2015

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 24/06/20, 07:10 »
    Hi,

Congratulations on your new baby!!! Amazing news.

So, yes. I had both my babies following FET.

Baby no.1, was 9 months old when I had my positive pregnancy test, which resulted in baby no. 2.

I was breastfeeding baby no.1, but stopped at 7 months to enable me to cycle again. I had to I duce a bleed (by taking Norethisterone) the started treatment.  I had the scratch, embryo glue and about 3 sessions of acupuncture.

I did a medicated FET.  From what I remember I only really had oestrogen patches, clexane and progesterone, plus progesterone in oil injections for the first 3 months of pregnancy too.

I'm in the UK and used a UK clinic in London.

With our first baby, we out 2 embryos in. With our 2nd we opted to put back 1 embryo.

Let me know if you need anymore info.

Good luck.

Offline Mmc224

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 24/06/20, 09:22 »
    Thanks,  that's really helpful.