* Author Topic: Anyone starting a FET?  (Read 1338 times)

0 Members

Offline Ducky1

modify
Anyone starting a FET?
« on: 5/06/20, 13:26 »
I was wondering if anyone is starting a FET this month? Our cycle was cancelled back in March but have just started downreg again for another attempt. Hoping that things stay calm enough that we make it to ET this time 🤞

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline taraeob

• Gold Member
    modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #1 on: 6/06/20, 19:31 »
    Hi Ducky, (I smiled when I saw your post, my grandad used to call me Ducky :) )

I am planning a new FET cycle, like you, mine got cancelled a week before transfer back in March.  I had a failed one in Feb.  I am thinking of going Natural FET this time but my cycle is due 4 days earlier than I want because there are no flights til July.  There is a medication called primolut N to delay but it is not available so I am stuck on what to do..

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #2 on: 7/06/20, 20:40 »
    Hi we are hoping to start this month too. I had a telephone assessment with the clinic and they said I was good to start, just waiting for my period then will start on the patches. This is our last chance as itís our last frozen embryo after three unsuccessful rounds with donor eggs. Although Iím not getting too excited as we are in north west of the uk and still have a high r rate for Covid so just taking each day as it comes in case we have to increase our lockdown measures again.

Online ZC

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #3 on: 8/06/20, 22:52 »
    Yes. Just started and hope to travel to Spain end July. Only one embryo left after a failed FET and a fresh round of DE.

Offline PippityPoppity

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #4 on: 9/06/20, 11:33 »
    Hi, I'm going to start a FET this month just waiting for my period to start so I can book in for baseline scan.

I've previously been prescribed prednisolone just in case it would help due to recurrent miscarriages . I've had one successful pregnancy using it and one BFN using it. My clinic has said I can use it this cycle if I want to but have advised the risks due to covid 19 as it will lower my immune system. I'm undecided what to do so just wondering if anyone else is in a similar position?

Good luck to everyone just about to start x

Offline Chriskirsty

• Gold Member
    • After every storm there is a rainbow of hope
    modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #5 on: 15/06/20, 23:11 »
    Hello ladies can I join please
    I am about to start my fet this is our 6th ivf round Iíve had 4 fresh. one frozen, after 10 years We got our precious boy on our last fresh cycle after a few changes.  he is now 2 years and 8 months And we are ready to go again for baby number 2..
    I had my scratch done on Friday so now just awaiting af to book my base line scan,, Iím excited nervous and emotional all rolled into one..,
    Pippitypoppity Iím in the same boat,,one of the Changes they made was being prescribed steroids Due to high natural killer cells with My successful round I have decided to go again with steroids with the risks,, I just need to do the same as last cycle so I wonít wonder what if... I have just gone back to work and was told I wouldnít be paid if I got A sick note to cover the time off whilst on these steroids,, so I will just need to be careful I guess..

Good luck to everyone
    Kirsty

Offline LadyMac2019

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #6 on: 16/06/20, 09:56 »
    Hi Ladies

I'm waiting to start a FET but I'm not sure the process will begin this month. I've just had the implantation failure blood tests completed (Thrombophillia screen, thyroid) so I wont be able to book the scratch in yet. If they're abnormal it'll delay things a while.

I've bled early after both of my fresh transfers (7 days post transfer) so I might have an issue with low progesterone. I'm going to be working with a clinic in London to manage the progesterone issue because our NHS clinic up north don't do progesterone monitoring/provide extra progesterone.

When I start, I'll be doing a medicated transfer starting on day 1 of my cycle.

Fingers crossed for us all!x

Offline Pognut

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #7 on: 16/06/20, 14:26 »
    I'm in the same boat as you, ChrisKirsty and PippityPoppity, needing steroids because of high uNK cells. I haven't spoken to our clinic about it yet  -am slightly putting it off because I'm worried they're going to say I can't take them with Covid. How were your clinics about it? Do you know much about how much the steroids might cause a problem if we got Covid-19? I work in a university and although they're putting in a lot of measures to protect us, a lot will depend on all the students sticking to all the guidelines, and I'm not optimistic about that. I love them dearly, but they're human, and very young...

Offline Chriskirsty

• Gold Member
    • After every storm there is a rainbow of hope
    modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #8 on: 16/06/20, 14:44 »
    Pognut well our clinic said They can no longer prescribe steroids because it lowers your immune system which puts you more at risk if you catch covid 19, I had already picked up my meds off a prescription I was given in November thankfully so as we had them I was told  we had 4 options abandon cycle untill this was over but this could go on for ages , 2 cycle without them or 3 cycle with them But my consultant said he canít say to take them or 4 try intrapilid infusion but at £600 itís just more expensive with 3 Needed I think if it works ... I work in retail so Iím in the same boat, like you say itís also rying in other ppl to make good choices itís hard
    Hope this helps xxx

Offline Pognut

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #9 on: 16/06/20, 16:09 »
    Thanks Chriskirsty, that's helpful. I'm worried that my clinic won't  be able to prescribe them, and I'll have to decide whether to go ahead without them or to wait. I'm already 42, we've been trying with no luck since 2013 and I'm really worried that this will go on for ages. Argh! As if IVF wasn't hard enough...