* Author Topic: Anyone starting a FET?  (Read 1336 times)

0 Members

Offline Fat_Bunny

modify
Anyone starting a FET?
« Reply #10 on: 17/06/20, 08:43 »
Hi All!

I did my first injection this morning, started my 3x a day progynova and uterine scan booked in for a fortnight's time! Eeek!
Transfer likely to be around the end of the month!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Chriskirsty

• Gold Member
    • After every storm there is a rainbow of hope
    modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #11 on: 17/06/20, 09:22 »
    Morning everyone

Just wanting to wish everyone luck for the cycles,, letís hope this is a lucky thread..

Ladies can I ask you a question Iím really stressed and just looking for some advice before I call my clinic again..
    I had my scratch done on Friday On day 21 at my clinic in London I started Spotting on the saturday this has carried on not just spotting but period like then light now today it seems heavier I am scared I will miss start of af and mess up the cycle and just to make it harder Iím having scans at a local clinic as we live in Durham.. my af is due Friday and my baseline scan was booked for Tuesday day 5 but now Iím thinking will it be day 5 or has it started Has any one any experience
    Any advice ladies would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
    Kirsty

Offline ZC

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #12 on: 17/06/20, 12:20 »
    Kirsty happened to me last time
    Scratch can bring on period especially if you end the pill on day 21 too
    Call your clinic but you should have time still

Offline Chriskirsty

• Gold Member
    • After every storm there is a rainbow of hope
    modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #13 on: 26/06/20, 23:49 »
    Hello Ladies
    How are you all getting on with your cycles ??

Iíve had a 3rd scan today my lining is 9.8mm my follicle was 20.5 so my clinic triggered me today it feels really strange having not had treatment in 3 years... my transfer is booked in for next Friday,,so this next week is getting to grips with taking steroids clexane and those lovely pessaries again   ;D ;D

Kirsty

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #14 on: 27/06/20, 20:26 »
    Hi everyone,

I am also hoping to have FET , I am on the cycles buddy thread too, I have not had FET b4 so thought be good to connect here too. I am single, 43 and having double donation treatment , though have had own egg treatment which failed.  The clinic reopened in June and i went for a scan with a view to have FET but they said I should have the long protocol in July so starting that next week ( buserilin). There are 7 fozen blastocycts. It continues to be a long , complex journey and i continue to process the donor issues as things come up all the time and I find  hearing from / about others who have had the help of donors really helpful.

I haven't taken buserilin b4 , any advice ? Much strength to all, so many have had things cancelled of late at this crazy time, one step at a time for me xxx

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #15 on: 28/06/20, 11:56 »
    Hi all, I had my transfer on Thursday so now itís the big wait for test day. Iím on patches, pessaries and prontogest injections every 4th day, feeling bloated and quite tired but hopefully it will be worth it.  The clinic is really well organised and I felt really safe when I went for scans and the transfer.
    Good luck everybody and yes letís hope this is a lucky thread.

Offline babybird888

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #16 on: 29/06/20, 08:37 »
    Hi all, just joining in re steroids. I was told hfea had Ďbannedí them currently and would be reviewing in Sept time?! Iíve been told this by two of the London IVF clinics?! I had 3 recurrent miscarriages, slightly raised NK cells so def want to take them. Anyone else heard this?!

Offline LadyMac2019

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #17 on: 29/06/20, 13:46 »
    Hi, yes when I spoke with my consultant in London that's what I was told too. He said they might be able to prescribe from September.  Maybe something has changed?

Offline HopeCove

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #18 on: 29/06/20, 15:46 »
    Hi all, I had my FET transfer a couple of weeks ago and Iím on steroids - itís not been an issue for me at all (prednisone 25mcg). Iím in the uk and they were ordered through Fertility2u.
    Good luck ladies! X

Offline Pognut

modify
    Anyone starting a FET?
    « Reply #19 on: 29/06/20, 15:49 »
    Someone I know who's on the board of the HFEA told me the advice on steroids is just that, advice, which isn't binding. Technically, nothing the HFEA have said would necessarily stop clinics prescribing steroids if it's just advice, would it?

HopeCove, that's interesting - did your clinic say anything about taking them being risky?

I'm v torn about what to do about this - I am worried that if I wait till Sept they won't be able to prescribe them either. And I'm not sure that it is actually the best idea to be on steroids right now, but I'm not a medic and I don't know how *much* of a risk to me or my baby getting Covid on steroids would be, and I can totally understand the clinics' caution. If the risk wasn't significant, I'd be tempted to go ahead soon - at the moment I am totally dithering. Sigh.