* Author Topic: ED  (Read 506 times)

0 Members

Offline agave

• Un-Ranked
modify
ED
« on: 13/06/20, 01:17 »
After 9 attempts using my own eggs, over 7 years, I'm now about to try embryo donation in Madrid.  Has anyone used Instituto Bernabeu?  Any tips? Concerned that the child is not allowed trace birth parents in the future, if they wish.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    ED
    « Reply #1 on: 13/06/20, 05:28 »
    Birth parents????
    You are the birth mother when you use donor egg/sperm

In Spain donor anonymity is protected by law so probably best to use uk clinic if id release is important to u

Online Stacey10

• Gold Member
    modify
    ED
    « Reply #2 on: 13/06/20, 06:00 »
    Yeah, have to agree, there is no way they are the birth parents, thatís you and your partner, (if you have one ) you even have to sign papers stating that you will bring the child up as your child, Which means emotionally and financially etc,  they are genetically linked to the donor/s but you put that same embryo into someone else and the child will turn out completely different, epigenetics assures you of that.

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    ED
    « Reply #3 on: 5/07/20, 11:48 »
    if you might want to know more about IVF DE in Spain, here is the awesome report, and the 2nd link Instituto Bernabeu - verified reviews and stats Hope this helps x

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    ED
    « Reply #4 on: 5/07/20, 23:18 »
    As far as I know Portugal, Finland, Great Britain and the Netherlands have non-anonymous options. And USA, but I've heard that's very expensive. You can also have a look at https://www.cryosinternational.com/ It's a big bank of cells and there are options to find non-anonymous cells. From there you can transport it to a clinic with a nitrogentank. But, inform at the clinic of your choice in advance(!) before you reserve cells (and pay) at Cryos. Not all clinics accept these cells.

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    ED
    « Reply #5 on: 16/07/20, 13:29 »
    As far as I know Portugal, Finland, Great Britain and the Netherlands have non-anonymous options. And USA, but I've heard that's very expensive. You can also have a look at https://www.cryosinternational.com/ It's a big bank of cells and there are options to find non-anonymous cells. From there you can transport it to a clinic with a nitrogentank. But, inform at the clinic of your choice in advance(!) before you reserve cells (and pay) at Cryos. Not all clinics accept these cells.
    US IVF clinics are one of the most expensive, but they get the highest success rates in the world.