* Author Topic: To cancel or not? Please help  (Read 631 times)

0 Members

Offline MrsKM

• Un-Ranked
modify
To cancel or not? Please help
« on: 24/06/20, 12:57 »
Hi ladies Iím quite new to this form. Iím 36 and diagnosed with unexplained infertility. Iíve had 2 ivf cycles and 2 fet. The last 2 ivf cycles I got 8 eggs and 6eggs. Iíve started a new cycle now (with planned pgs) on low stimulation as Iím a poor responder and on day 6 of Pergoveris i have 1 follicle on my left ovary- my right ovary is not visible?! The dr has given me the option to cancel my cycle saying maybe next month will be better.... Iím continuing injections till Friday in hope things will change. I donít know what to do? Should I continue or cancel? What if no change next month? Please help me ladies Iím totally devastated

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline treezuk

• Gold Member
    • TTC#2
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 24/06/20, 13:13 »
    Iím so sorry to hear this I wish there was something I could say to make you feel better I think that you have to maybe take the clinics lead on this and if you have to try again next month then try again but maybe prepare yourself for the fact that if this continues you may have to look into the possibility of donor eggs , I know thatís probably not what you want to hear but I think for your own mental health and the clinics opinion at some point they may suggest DE if you continue to not respond.

Hopefully youíve just had a really bad luck this cycle and things will improve either by Friday or by the next cycle

Lots of luck

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 24/06/20, 21:35 »
    Im so sorry to hear this i remember the devastation of cancelled cycles

I would in this position cancel, then go again next month on a different protocol. I responded well on short and long. But absolutely terrible on antagonist.
    Fingers crossed a tweak in protocol should get things going a bit better
    X

Offline Amy76

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 24/06/20, 22:57 »
    Iím so sorry to hear this  ^hugme^  I would see how Friday goes then decide. Have they said why your right ovary is not visible? Do you know how many follicles you had on each side on your previous cycles? Sending hugs & hoping you get good news on Friday  ^hugme^

Amy xxx

Offline MrsKM

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 25/06/20, 16:18 »
    Thank you ladies for you reply And all your support. I think Iíve got my head around potentially cancelling  the cycle. No idea why they canít find my right ovary.. this has not happened in the past. Iíll update to you all tomo after my scan xx

Offline MrsKM

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 26/06/20, 15:21 »
    To update we have agreed to cancel the cycle as still not responding. I did ask him about changing protocol but he said no we will try the same again. What do u ladies think?

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 27/06/20, 08:42 »
    Sorry you've had to cancel
    But sounds like the right choice

What other protocols have u tried before and what response did u get on previous cycles?
    Because id go with the 1 that u responded best to x

Offline Amy76

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 27/06/20, 22:02 »
    Iím so sorry youíve had to cancel  ^hugme^  Have you tried different protocols? Like Kjade said Iíd go with the one that gave the best response. I assume your clinic do follow up appointments to review the cycle so maybe take the opportunity to research alternative protocols & ask at that appointment? What fertilisation rate did you get? Do they give you grades for your embryos? They must have been quite good to be able to freeze for fet. Wishing you lots of luck for success on your next round  ^hugme^ xxx

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 5/07/20, 11:25 »
    sorry to know your protocol has been cancelled. Stay positive as "one door closes another door opens" x