* Author Topic: July / August 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 8680 times)

0 Members

Offline soitis1

• Un-Ranked
modify
July / August 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #100 on: 22/07/20, 15:44 »
FM86 just jumping on to say I had an elective freeze all due to OHSS history previously and then an FET two months later and I really thought it was a much better fit for me - We got a BFP on the first FET cycle so that helped but I was so sick in hospital with OHSS previously, I would be terrified to go through that again.  If you can get over the disappointment of the extra wait it will hopefully be a safer treatment plan for you?

Kerr121 - I'm so sorry you're going through that uncertainty - it's a bad time when that happens - fingers crossed things aren't as bad as you think.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #101 on: 22/07/20, 18:49 »
    Oh the thread is getting busy.
    Pumpkin - I hope your transfer went well and now youíre in the PUPO bubble.

FM86 - I second what soitis said. We had to freeze all my embryos back when we did the fresh cycle and I was so disappointed but since then I did a lot of reading on it and FET seem to have better success rate than fresh cycle. Iím 40 Years old but would go for an elective a freeze all if weíd manage to get that far even though itís another couple of months added onto years of waiting. Having said that the constant delays when you just want to get going feel like hurdles pushed in front of you from left right and centre and itís really tough.

Kerr - Iím so sorry. I hope youíll have a miracle story. Chemicals are such a horrible rollercoaster but I do hope yours will turn out not to be one.

All the other girls waiting for ET and OTD. Best of luck in the world xxx

Offline fak1

modify
    « Reply #102 on: 22/07/20, 20:50 »
    This thread is definitely getting busy  :)

Pumpkin - Hope you're enjoying being PUPO
    Kerr121 - Fingers crossed for you... are you being given any intralipids or IVIG to help?
    FM86 - Welcome to the group - hope EC went well, I know its a bummer with the delay but you want to be at your optimum - Hopefully time will fly!
    Neeni, Amsybabes and Soitis - Not long before ET!
    Ducky1 and Pritamin - Hope you're managing to get some 'me' time and relax

AFM - MY hcg has been 10dpt5dt 525, 12dpt5dt 1377 14dpt5dt 2990...My CD19 is elevated so I may need Intralipids on friday but the clinic is pretty happy with my levels. I daren't even think about the scan - most likely towards the end of next week. The hives is horrendous and apparently its a combination of elevated progesterone and being pregnant. I now have oil bumps on my bottom  (thanks to the prog injections). Sorry for tmi but I really cannot share this with anyone else!

Sending you all lots of hugs

Offline Pumpkin kelbel

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 22/07/20, 21:36 »
    Good evening everyone. Transfer yesterday went well, cant believe I'm now pupo! The first embryo didnt make it so they used another at grade 5bb. I had a few twinges yesterday but I guess that's because of the procedure I had.

Good luck with your ec tomorrow fm, I hope you get good quality eggs. Let us know how you get on.

Kerr I'm sorry your going through this worrying time. I hope you have a good support network and a good clinic who can also support you.

Fak I keep forgetting to ask, do you think you may have twins seeing as you had 2 put back and you're symptoms are so strong?

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 23/07/20, 02:28 »
    Morning ladies (an early morning post)

They collected 20 follicles with 12 eggs.

OHSS has come to bite me in the bum- and Iíve been admitted into Royal London hospital straight  after egg collection.

Reading the positive stories and wise words from you lovely ladies is keeping me going as itís going to be a defo FET. Nervous about the embryologist call too about how the eggs did.

Hope the rest of you are doing well and fingers crossed xxx

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 23/07/20, 09:43 »
    More disappointing news

Out of 12
    Only 5 have fertilised normally
    4 were abnormal so they are discarding them
    3 didnít do anything so they asked what I wanted to do and Iíve asked them to watch for another day.

Because itís a low number they not growing them beyond today freezing today 😔

Feeling down in the dumps 😢

Offline Pumpkin kelbel

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 23/07/20, 11:12 »
    Fm so sorry you've been admitted to hospital. Hope you're being well looked after. It really is a tough journey, and now you have this to deal with. Make the most of putting your feet up.

5 is a really good number of fertlized embryos.from my second cycle I only had 3 and one of them is now my 2 year old. It only takes one. I understand emotions are flying high, take your time to process things. We are all here for you on this journey

Offline Neeni

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 23/07/20, 11:58 »
     ^hello^ ladies

soitis1 thank you. My clinic have given me cyclogest, which I'm not a fan of as they get so messy and also lubion, hopefully the top of them will do the trick. Is progynova in a tablet form? 2 more days to go  ^banana^

Amsybabes it is very weird! We can't believe 2 years have passed by so quickly, when I know the 2ww will feel like forever! Happy 2nd Birthday to your son, I hope he had a lovely day. Don't stress yourself over closure because of Covid. My clinic is in Leicester and as you've probably heard Leicester have had to go back into lockdown again but the clinic have carried on with treatments.

Fm86 I'm so sorry to hear you've been admitted into hospital, just rest and don't be worry about the embryos. You have 5 good equality ones and you only need one to stick. Stay positive, which I know must be really hard at the moment. 

Kerr that does sound like a bit of a rollercoaster, I bet your emotions have been all over the place. Did you have the blood test today? When will the clinic give you the results? I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed for you.

fak1 sorry to hear you're not feel the best. Will you need to continue taking the progesterone even if you have high levels of it, could they reduce the dosage maybe? 

Pumpkin CONGRATULATIONS for being PUPO, I hope it's a sticky one x

Offline Bubbles12

• VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #108 on: 23/07/20, 12:24 »
    Hi,

Im cycling so just watching the thread (not participating)
    But i just wanted to say to FM86...

Try not to lose hope. My last cycle (ive had loads of cycles and never had any to freeze) i got the lowest amount of fertilised eggs (out of 24, 13 mature, only 5 fertilized) and i honestly thought it was game over.

I went in for my transfer 5 days later to be told that 4 were top quality. So i transferred one, and froze the remaining 3!

Its all about quality. Dont be disheartened, you are still very much in the game.

Rest up and good luck! Xxx

(Sorry ladies to jump on the thread... good luck everyone, i will be continuing to follow 🙂)

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 23/07/20, 18:14 »
    Hi, Good eve everyone  - I have been reading everyones journeys, as we all take the next right step forward. It is so challenging and bumpy to say the least ..I am having mk first double donor IVF FET , relieved that scan was OK today as stopped buserilin early as struggled too much with it and FET is booked for Wed 29th next week so feels like a positive direction xxx