* Author Topic: July / August 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 8675 times)

0 Members

Offline Pumpkin kelbel

modify
July / August 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #120 on: 26/07/20, 08:27 »
I feel so selfish, I really want some alone time to be able to have a cry and process this but my husband has gone back to work and I'm here all day alone for 11 hours with my 2yo. I feel like such a bad mum for wanting abit of time to get over this. He is my absolute world and I'm so lucky to have him. Really struggling emotionally.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline soitis1

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #121 on: 26/07/20, 09:00 »
    Awk thatís so  ^swear^ Pumpkin - hope you are able to take some time to heal and get your mind straight again xx

Offline soitis1

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #122 on: 26/07/20, 09:10 »
    I totally get you - I faced the same yesterday but am lucky my husbands here until lunchtime so Iíve asked him to take my wee boy down for a few hours to just take a break from life - have you a relative you could ask to help you out?  If not youíre ok - youíve got this - youíll put on that brave face for your wee one like we always do and youíll get through today - you can do it!

Iíve made my peace with not trying again - Iíve been through 12 years of this poop so enough is enough for me - I want to enjoy every minute of having him and this fertility treatment takes me away from that and from him - itís nearly an addiction just one more go and then another and another but for me now I just want to live life to the full with my boy and my husband so Iíll take this morning to grieve for that second child weíll never have but hold on to the fact that my wee boy truly truly is a miracle xx

Offline jhdl

• 1st icsi planned may 2017.
    modify
    « Reply #123 on: 26/07/20, 11:26 »
    Hi all,

New to the group and starting medication for FET tonight.
    Had 5 embryos frozen in June 2017. The first ended as a pregnancy of unknown location, the second was a BFN but from the third transfer we were lucky to conceive our beautiful little boy. He has just turned two and we thought weíd try this craziness again!
    Scan is planned for 7/8/20 with proposed transfer for 13th. It seems 13 has been lucky for us so far with us moving eventually on the 13th and our son being a Friday the 13th baby. Hoping thatís a good sign!
    Have been very relaxed about it all and how whatever happens we have been so lucky to have our son but Iíve started getting nervous now itís actually happening!
    Good luck to you all!
    Xxx

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #124 on: 26/07/20, 15:43 »
    Hi , welcome jhdl,   Soitis and Pumkin Kelbel, I am really sorry and I cant say anything to ease things other than I know the grief and that I have to take days to begin to process it each time and each day it moves a little bit more ,  we are strong women to go through this, really sorry...

AFM I have an  ET on Wednesday , previously ET were own egg so this is the first using a donor egg Blastocyst ( DD as single ), it has gone on so many years that I am no longer surprised by where I find myself so try to stay open and positive ( though this is challenging !) xx

Offline Amsybabes

modify
    « Reply #125 on: 26/07/20, 20:38 »
    Hi all, so my scan went great, the 2 cysts have gone and my lining was 7.75 so all going ahead for transfer on Friday 31st. So excited now.

I'm so sorry to read about the ladies who've had negative tests. Please keep your chin up girlie's. Take time to heal and take care of yourselves.

Snowdropwood good luck for your transfer on Wednesday. 😁

jhdl hello again and good luck with your scan. X

Does anyone eat Brazil nuts or drink pineapple or pomegranate juice to aid lining thickness and implantation? Only my lining this time is a bit thinner than my successful cycle last time so I'd like to try and thicken my lining a bit more.

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #126 on: 26/07/20, 23:13 »
    Hi ladies,

soitis1 and pumpkin - there are no words to make the pain go away or for it to become any easier. Your in my prayers tonight and I hope your second rainbow is around the corner.

Update - Yesterday was my last cetrotide. Iím hoping my time of month comes quickly and pain free. Hoping barts donít make me wait too long to start building up lining for FET. They have given me 3 weeks of noristherone to take once this cycle comes to an end. But I have to call them up to ask if I can be scheduled in for the month after - only then I take the meds.

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 27/07/20, 19:04 »
    Soitis1 and Pumpkin so so sorry to hear about the BFNs, itís heartbreaking isnít it? Our LO was really ill when I had the BFN last week so I had to park all the emotions around that to take care of them. Thankfully all better now.

Looks like Iíll be rejoining you all again soon though. Had follow up today and consultant is more than happy for back to back FET. So hopefully Iíll be starting down reg again in just over 2 weeks 😁 Were sticking with same protocol but doing a double embryo transfer this time. X

Offline Dodoro

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #128 on: 27/07/20, 19:33 »
    Hi everyone,

Sorry to hear about the BFNs. It's so devastating - I hope you are able to be gentle on yourselves and have some time for you to grieve.

I am in a quandry. Am on my 2nd fresh round. 1st fresh round we had 9 eggs retrieved and 6 were mature. By day 5 none had made it to blastocyst but we had 1 which was a Compact Morula which my clinic transfers as their lowest grade embryo. We transferred it and it was a failed cycle.

This time despite higher follicle counts on scans and a more aggressive protocol we only had 2 mature eggs. I was really shocked.
    Today is day 1 and both have fertilised ok.

My quandry is whether or not to transfer 1 of them (don't want to transfer 2) at day 3 and leave the other to possibly grow til day 5 or should I just leave both of them to grow? The doctor doesn't like day 3 transfers as he feels they are statistically less likely to result in pregnancy. However, given what happened on my previous cycle I just don't feel like I can take the risk of getting to day 5 and having nothing to transfer or just 1 lower grade again.

It's my birthday on day 4 of the embryos growing and it's the big 4-0. I know it's only a silly birthday but I don't want to spend the entire day worried about if the embryos make it.

Will I regret not doing a day 3 transfer if I get to day 5 and both have arrested.

What would you do?

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 28/07/20, 00:34 »
    Hi Dodoro,

I usually go with the advice of my doctor...

Do you think, when you have a morula in your womb, you are thinking about anything else ;) I dare to quess.... hell no ;)

But do you and your doctor thinks a day 3 morula will have more chance inside your womb to evolve then a blastocyst on day 5 under lab conditions to evolve to a baby?

And maybe something practical to keep in mind.... Is an IVF round without result (zerro to transfer) counted as a IVF round? It's to long ago for me, but I think there was some limit to the amount of IVF-rounds and I do not remember clearly when a 'failed' round, was not counted as a IVF-round for an insureans-compagny. Any one knows this?

I know I had a lot more egg's in a time when I was living like a enthousiastic saint (sports with nuts/fruit/vegetables etc... yes horrible strickt) and if there is anything you or your doctor can do (adjust the medication slightly... keep some time between the second IVF to recover... ) well, maybe then it is not so very very very bad to skip a round. I'm sorie, I know skipping a round feels horrific and off course it is.

You decide with confidence! No need to look back after that. History does not change. Just leave it there. And then focus on your beautiful 40ies birthday. Besides the ovaries, it's actually a very nice age; slighty seen it all/been there/know what I want-kind of age ;)

Keep faith and chin up!