* Author Topic: July / August 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 27356 times)

0 Members

Offline snowdropwood

modify
July / August 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #20 on: 8/07/20, 20:43 »
Hi to all,

just wanted to check in and ask about buserilin ( that is all i am taking atm )  - i am so knackered , a bit headachy too , not sleeping well etc  - my work is quite physical and has been busy - i guess I just wondered how others have found Buserilin when planning FET and whether I should ease up with work a bit ? I am 43 and having DD FET as single  - thankyou and best wishes to everyone  x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #21 on: 9/07/20, 08:42 »
    Hi Fak, welcome and congrats on being PUPO. what did you have transferred?
    Iím with Croydon University hospital / London womenís clinic. All scans etc are done at CUH but they use London Womenís clinicís embryology lab and have egg collection and transfer there too. My very first round was with ARGC. Do they still keep patient files in blue plastic tubs? That always puzzled me :)
    My Otd is two days later despite having transfer on the same day (blastocyst)

Ducky - not long to go :) I had my pre transfer acupuncture in south Croydon and coincidentally the lady works on Wimpole street on Tuesdays so worked out perfectly for my post transfer session as thatís just around the corner from LWC.

Snowdrop - I had more side effects from buserelin this time around (two failed downregs), I had awful hot flashes, was quite sleepy and put on weight. I also had more time concentrating on these side effects (Iím not working) which probably didnít help. For me it was better when I worked while on downreg but if you feel like youíre struggling I think you could ease up a bit. You donít need the extra stress 😘😘😘

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 9/07/20, 21:32 »
    hi all, thankyou for the thoughts/ experiences re buserilin, the clinic did warn me !

I find myself thinking about acupuncture as it is mentioned often, but don't feel that i know enough about it .....

Good luck to everyone where ever we may be ! x

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 9/07/20, 23:17 »
    Ducky - Good luck for tomorrow ^pray^ ^fairydust^

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 10/07/20, 14:10 »
    Pritamin & Fak1 -  all went well earlier so Iím joining you both on the 2WW! OTD in 11 days time. How are you both holding up? Iíve already been desperately googling although I have accepted that a few hours post transfer is way to early to symptom spot 😂

Offline snowdropwood

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 10/07/20, 16:47 »
    Thinking of you all on the 2ww, I know it is tough to say the least .   :-*

I had abnormal smear result today , I know this is common, but feel I cant cope with things being cancelled again tbh on this incredibly long road esp after covid shut down and going through DD IVF on my own is incredibly tough.    Will continue hopefully as smear follow up tests will take ages to come through I suspect . My FBC was fine last week which is good .  bestest xxx

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #26 on: 10/07/20, 18:00 »
    Ducky - Congrats on being PUPO, fingers crossed you have your golden embie on board.
    How funny youíre already symptom spotting. 😂😂😂 not that Iíve not been there a couple of days ago :)

Snowdrop - Iím really sorry to hear you had abnormal smear. So whatís next? You carry on with downreg until you get the results of the repeat test? It must be incredibly hard. Itís an awfully tough journey going through even with a partner, not alone single. You are an amazingly strong person and I truly admire you. Iím sure universe / God / the fairies will reward you with the most gorgeous baby and all this hardship will fly out of the window in a split second . Xxx

Afm - not much to report. Iím trying not to symptom spot. And failing. Up until now days and weeks seemed to have flying by but not now. I havenít bought anything the tests yet, will do that maybe Wednesday / Thursday next week. What test is everyone using or will you have blood test by your clinic?

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 10/07/20, 18:33 »
    Snowdropwood sorry to hear about the smear result ☹️ Such rubbish timing! Hope it all works out ok XX

Pritamin clinic gave me a cheap test but they also do a blood test regardless of HPT result. Iíll definitely do a FRER though especially if I test early.

Iím off now to obsessively google when implantation takes place 🤣

Offline fak1

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 10/07/20, 21:35 »
    Pritamin  - I had x2 5BB frosties put back! Not sure about which test to use, but will have a blood test at the clinic on the 17th. Do you have any plans over the 2ww? The blue buckets have changed to straw baskets...lol....

Snowdrop  - sorry to hear of the smear test. I am a firm believer that things happen at the right time, and you want to make sure your body is at its optimum when you cycle :) If you can afford to take the time off maybe it might help, although I didn't take off any time off but just calmed things down and rested throughout the day.

Ducky1 - Congrats on being PUPO! Enjoy the google obsession! I am losing the plot!

AFM, Its my DHs birthday tomorrow and my 6 year old got over excited and ordered a tonne of decorations off Amazon! I will be blowing up balloons all day! I have a sore backside and suffering from terrible headaches - I am putting it down to the progesterone. The clinic measured my progesterone yesterday and were really happy with my levels. I have another blood test tomorrow for another check! Are any of you monitoring your progesterone/oestrodial levels during the 2ww?

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 10/07/20, 23:22 »
    Pahahaha! Straw baskets, how environmentally friendly oh them :)
    Happy birthday to your DH, easy on those balloons you donít want to pass out blowing them up :) So sweet of your DS though

My clinic doesnít monitor progesterone/ oestrogen levels during 2WW.

No plans for 2ww, just keeping busy as much as I can. I stopped running for 2ww so will be going out for walks instead but not much planned other than that.