* Author Topic: Bleeding/spotting before transfer - FET  (Read 432 times)

0 Members

Offline Hopeful_81

• Gold Member
modify
Bleeding/spotting before transfer - FET
« on: 7/07/20, 10:00 »
Hi All - Iím in the middle of a medicated FET and have transfer booked for Thursday. Yesterday I had some bleeding, not much but mixture of brown and pink/red and some fairly strong cramps. Iím taking estrogen tablets and am on patches too, together with cyclogest, lubion and clexane. Has anyone else had this before? Iím hoping itís just pessary irritation but clinic wants to do scan tomorrow to check. This is my 5th transfer and I havenít had this before. Thanks in advance! H

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 7/07/20, 13:20 »
    Hi hopeful
    I don't think its possible to have that type of bleeding on a medicated fet.
    With a medicated fet your natural cycle is totally shutdown.
    There is no follicle which means no corpus lectum, therefore no hormones to drop causing that 'lining coming away' bleed.
    Don't think im explaining it very well but hope u get what i mean  ^idiot^

Any spotting that your seeing would be cervix irritation i would imagine
    Best of luck
    X

Offline JippyBoo

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 7/07/20, 14:53 »
    I had this on my last FET cycle. It was medicated but clearly the meds weren't enough as my lining came away anyway  :( This cycle my meds have been doubled so hopefully it won't happen again......

As an aside, I'm also using patches.....Where are you putting them as I'm finding mine are starting to come off before they should!

Jippy
    xxxx

Offline HopeCove

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 7/07/20, 17:33 »
    Hi Hopeful, I had this too, this time round. I felt really rough as well, lots of cramping. It got better when I started taking an extra patch, I.e 2 patches every 3 days. I donít think I absorb the oestrogen very well from the pills alone. My consultant wasnít sure what it was, but it passed after a few days, I went ahead with the transfer. Iím currently pg and waiting for my scan. Good luck!

Offline Hopeful_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 7/07/20, 18:44 »
    Thanks so much for all of the responses ladies, really grateful. I havenít had any further bleeding since yesterday, just a bit crampy. Going to hope itís pessary irritation as you say K Jade but things will be clearer after scan in the morning. I might ask for bloods too to check hormone levels. Iíve had setbacks before but Iíd be crushed if cycle was cancelled, Iíve been in such a positive frame of mind!

Jippy - really hope youíve got the right level of meds this time, itís so hard having cycles cancelled. My patches are staying on ok (and Iíve had a thick lining this time which is usually a massive problem for me so they must be working!), even after a bath on Sunday. Iím alternating right and left side of lower abdomen and then right and left side of upper thigh, towards the middle.

HopeCove, sorry you experienced this too, itís all so anxiety-inducing! But so glad to hear youíre pregnant and all the very best of luck for your scan.

H

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 8/07/20, 11:14 »
    Hope all went well today at your scan x

Offline Hopeful_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 8/07/20, 14:51 »
    Thanks K Jade. Scan went fine, lining measuring around 7.5mm so doesnít look like itís shedding and Iíve had no bleeding since Monday. So weíre on for transfer tomorrow! 🤞🏻🤞🏻

Offline JippyBoo

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 9/07/20, 13:53 »
    Great news Hopeful_81 Best of luck with your transfer!

Jippy
    xxxx