* Author Topic: IS Cyprus Open  (Read 1604 times)

0 Members

Offline Choupi15

modify
IS Cyprus Open
« on: 16/07/20, 10:25 »
Hi All,

Do you know if the borders are open and people can travel to Cyprus. I was looking to go to North Cyprus , Team miracle

Kindly let me know if you anyone of you know  any information

Thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fenchurcheast

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    IS Cyprus Open
    « Reply #1 on: 16/07/20, 14:32 »
    Choupi15, I am hoping to go over soon too with Dunya IVF. However, there is a quarantine in North Cyprus of 14 days currently. Hoping for this to change at some point over the Summer. Here is a useful online news site for North Cyprus which I am following https://www.lgcnews.com/ . I had planned to fly to South Cyprus and cross the border but there also seems to be a problem with this as the South is blocking tourist crossings to the North. The North are asking the EU to intervene. My clinic think it will change re: quarantine at end of August or start of September. Not sure what your clinic have said to you?
    It is very frustrating waiting!

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    IS Cyprus Open
    « Reply #2 on: 16/07/20, 16:34 »
    I find it hard to get information that's trustfull.

I don't know where you're from. I ques GB, that country falls at this moment into group C and has 14 days of quarantine...

I had contact with a coördinator in the North. If you come from an other country with a B-status, you will have to take a PCR test (on paper) before you fly (within 72 hour) and fill in an online travelcertificat (www.cyprusflightpass.gov.cy), get an other PCR-test when passing the border/checkpoint (some borders are closed, but not all... ask the coördinator of the clinic). You will need to stay in quarantine until the test-results are known and is negative. This takes usually a day. And when returning, you'll have to taken an other test...

The information I found on: http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/mfa2016.nsf/All/A0D84492E57A9E6EC22585A4003D1E24?OpenDocument&highlight=covid
    There is a pdf document with the information (this one can change in time) : http://www.mfa.gov.cy/mfa/mfa2016.nsf/A0D84492E57A9E6EC22585A4003D1E24/$file/1593502980849_COVID-19%20Destination%20Protocol%20-%2029%20June.pdf

I'll keep you informed... I am in doubt to go or not to go in August...

Offline Choupi15

modify
    IS Cyprus Open
    « Reply #3 on: 17/07/20, 10:03 »
    Mees & Fenchurcheast @ Thanks for the information and update . The links are very useful

i got the same update from my coordinator i was planning to go to Team miracle in North Cyprus and yeah i was going to travel from London . Same i have been told about the quarantine period and test . The coordinator thinks this will hopefully change October / November. Seems like a long wait and then winter starts they are suspecting another wave :( , feeling gutted by this now

Offline Kharodbal

• Un-Ranked
    • Starting IVF treatment as a single women
    modify
    IS Cyprus Open
    « Reply #4 on: 17/07/20, 17:07 »
    Quarantine changed to 7 days this Friday. But it seems I can only fly from uk to Istanbul to Ercan according to Dogus. They said get registered with Turkish embassy. Anyone know how? Can we get special permission to travel for fertility treatment?

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    IS Cyprus Open
    « Reply #5 on: 17/07/20, 18:50 »
    Hi Kharodbal,

I don't know about the Turkish embassy, but you can call the embassy of Turkey in your own country. Ehrm... is there a embassy of Turkey in your country?

It would be fine to have a kind of 'permission' to travel. The flight-compagny adviced me to call the embasy of Cyprus in my own country. Still need to do that, but I don't think they can do anything for me. There is no clear definition about what a "neccesary flight/travel" is... So, I think I will ask my coördinator to send some paperwork with dates and stamps and autographs to show if a border-control has doubts.

I'm from a B-country, so I 'only' have to test/test/test and isolate till the testresults are known, but I worry because I have to pass the border/checkpoints 2 times... Arriving on Larnaca I will go from S --> N --> S again. That will be at the beginning of August. The coördinator said not all checkpoints are closed, so I will go asap and before a second wave of covid appears. Well, maybe the world will respond differently on a second wave; there are now sufficient tests, masks and trackingdevices on iPhones.

Am I the only guinny pig here or are there others going on a short notice?

Offline Kharodbal

• Un-Ranked
    • Starting IVF treatment as a single women
    modify
    IS Cyprus Open
    « Reply #6 on: 18/07/20, 09:04 »
    Thank you I will see if I can call Turkish embassy. My coordinator said I couldn’t pass through the checkpoint to northern Cyprus at the moment so had to travel via Istanbul

Offline Lovingwomen

modify
    IS Cyprus Open
    « Reply #7 on: 25/07/20, 19:45 »
    Hi I think for the 1st Aug you don’t have to quarantine in Cyprus? I hope so as I’m due for a transfer 20th Aug x

Offline Mees_2020

modify
    IS Cyprus Open
    « Reply #8 on: 25/07/20, 20:53 »
    Hi Lovingwomen,

Where did you find that information? There is a difference from where you are traveling from; are you a A, B of C country in the eyes of Cyprus... If you're from GB; last time I checked there was a 7 days of quarantine.

If all goes well (no lockdown in the Netherlands + neg PCR test 72 hours before flight), I will be in Cyprus by the beginning of August. I had to reschedule the flight to have enough time with all the testing. I need to start with +/- 1 day quarantine (till the PCR test result done in Cyprus is known) and the hotels seem to be perfectly aware of the situation and were confident they could offer a safe stay.

I'll keep you informed of how it actually works...

Other people going to Cyprus soon? North? South?

Offline Lovingwomen

modify
    IS Cyprus Open
    « Reply #9 on: 26/07/20, 09:21 »
    Mees_2020 oh that would be fantastic..
    I looked online and it said from 1st Aug Cyprus want to relax the quarantine over there. I might have got that totally wrong but I have read that in a few different places.

How exciting for you! Have you been to Cyprus for treatment before? X