* Author Topic: Is it possible to have success at 1st IVF cycle, over 40 and with own low eggs?  (Read 940 times)

0 Members

Offline SuperMaria

• Un-Ranked
I really need to understand if there is a chance to get pregnant at 1st IVF cycle, at 42yo and with my own low eggs? My AMH is 2.53pmol, talking with the clinic they say I'm fine but are they really honest, or trying to get some money out of me? I don't believe much at the stats, as every woman is slightly different.

Anyone successful here in this situation? Or should I give up? :-\ (been TTC for 8 years, all my tests ok, hubby sperm is also ok)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline thereismore

• Living in the moment
    I really need to understand if there is a chance to get pregnant at 1st IVF cycle, at 42yo and with my own low eggs? My AMH is 2.53pmol, talking with the clinic they say I'm fine but are they really honest, or trying to get some money out of me? I don't believe much at the stats, as every woman is slightly different.

Anyone successful here in this situation? Or should I give up? :-\ (been TTC for 8 years, all my tests ok, hubby sperm is also ok)
    I got pregnant naturally at 42 but then miscarried, I already have 2 children natural conception. A friend of mine had a baby at 42, natural conception, her 7th child.
    The chances are certainly much lower than with donor, especially as they can't pinpoint a reason you've not had success and you've been trying for so long.
    Hope that helps

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Offline Qpmz

• Un-Ranked
    I would say yes it is possible and Iím sure itís happened for some people so why not you? I would also say just donít put all your hopes on it working first time, I think itís more likely to need more than one go.

Have you been given any explanation as to why youíve been ttc for so long with no success? It would be so helpful if you knew of any reasons so that they can be addressed first and to confirm whether IVF will give you a better chance than ttc naturally. I assume you and hubby have done all the tests and ruled out thyroid issues, vit D deficiencies, immunes, cysts, endo, etc

Good luck and I hope you do have success first go.

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    If I were in your shoes, I would ask the doc how high the chances of getting pregnant you have and what success rates the clinic gets in patients who have been in the same situation. If they say they have treated 1,000 couples and get xx success rates, then I think you might trust what they say. x

Offline SuperMaria

• Un-Ranked

Have you been given any explanation as to why youíve been ttc for so long with no success? It would be so helpful if you knew of any reasons so that they can be addressed first and to confirm whether IVF will give you a better chance than ttc naturally. I assume you and hubby have done all the tests and ruled out thyroid issues, vit D deficiencies, immunes, cysts, endo, etc

Good luck and I hope you do have success first go.

No, it's totally unexplained, all results came back normal so I don't really understand why it's not happening  ^mercy^(I managed to get pregnant in my early 20s, had a termination).

I'm wondering if the contraceptive pill is the cause, probably if you're still taking it in your early 30s, it makes you infertile (my friends who were on the pill for years are as well having problem conceiving)

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    I am not an expert, but if problems were caused by contraceptive pillis, your results would not be probably normal, or your doc would comment it in any way. Unfortunately, over 10% of pairs are unexplained, and it's one of the most difficult cases to treat. Stay positive and don't give up. Fingers and toes crossed, super tight.

Depends what tests were run. You need to check your thyroid, clotting profile as well- immune panel in other words. Also, the egg quality after 35 decreases, so that might be a reason as well.