* Author Topic: How do you take Buscopan safely to help with embryo implantation?  (Read 208 times)

0 Members

Offline js1969

• Un-Ranked
Hi everyone, I am about to have an embryo transfer and I've read some research that taking Buscopan before the embryo transfer can help alleviate uterus cramping and help with implantation.  Has anyone's Doctor advised them of the correct way to take Buscopan for this purpose please?

In case you're interested, here is a link to a research paper I found - https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/3602/47c31f52acadfda4e165889c589ad48a8bd8.pdf?_ga=2.158546810.1533030503.1596211748-1313673028.1596211748

Thank you.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Turia

• Volunteer
    I was prescribed Buscopan on my 8th cycle, my last try and the successful one  ;D I donít know if it was the thing but certainly it stopped the cramps I always had after transfer.  The only other cycle I had no cramps on I got pregnant but sadly miscarried very early.

I canít remember the exact dose (it was the start of 2015) but I know I took a dose the morning before transfer and then quite a few days afterwards but certainly only about 3. I remember being worried that the Buscopan box said not to use when pregnant!

Sorry to not be much help in details but certainly advocate it as an option under doctors advice.
    Turia x

Offline js1969

• Un-Ranked
    Hi Turia, thank you so much for your reply!  So happy that your 8th cycle was successful! I've heard other people say Buscopan helps, so I will take it as you did.  My Dr has suggested I take it for longer but from my reading I think 3-5 days is the maximum I'd be happy taking it.  I will give it a try!

x