* Author Topic: Looking to move to DE and could really do with some help  (Read 1391 times)

0 Members

Offline Slips1010

modify
Looking to move to DE and could really do with some help
« Reply #10 on: 12/11/20, 16:46 »
Hi SydneyJ,

I wanted to reach out to you as I just saw your post and this was me many years ago. After 12 cycle's ,many ops along the way, 2 miscarriages, we decided on DE & DS - we now have the most handsome 3.5year old son. I WISH I had made the decision years before, but I had to get it right in my head first and I needed to grieve for my own eggs, the ones that just didn't work and were screaming at me to STOP and take a different path to getting the same result.

I never ever look at my son and think he's not mine, I look at him with so much love and pride it hurts some days. He doesn't look like me or my husband - he is much better looking than the two of us put together haha but everyone says "oh doesn't he look like his Dad" we always giggle to each other when we hear this - people see what they want to see.

The only regret i have is not doing this sooner, I am now 41 and started HRT today - no issues with this at all - my body is shattered from all the years of treatment and i am happy for it to sleep now if that makes sense. I have two frozen embryo's sitting in a lovely freezer in Spain, which we have made the decision to give them up for research to hopefully help someone else who is in our situation - i don't feel sad for this i really don't. If i was younger i would try them but I am not, and I don't want to go through it all again because i am more than happy with my boy, he makes me get up every morning (although very tired) and he's all i wanted. I never thought I would ever be a Mum several years ago and I am thanks to DE.

I do not know what it is like to have my own DNA child but i do know that DNA doesn't make you a better parent.

Wishing you all the luck and I hope you find comfort in your decision. x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    Looking to move to DE and could really do with some help
    « Reply #11 on: 12/11/20, 20:44 »
    Similar experience to the above poster and echo every word of it x