* Author Topic: Advice about protocols  (Read 650 times)

0 Members

Offline BethanyBlue

modify
Advice about protocols
« on: 22/08/20, 10:00 »
Hi,

I was always on here a few years ago! I had unexplained early recurrent miscarriage. I got pregnant easily but lost quickly. I went to Dr Gorgy and had immune treatment. I was very fortunate that it helped me stay pregnant and I was successful. I took 25mg prednisone to 12 weeks. Intralipids. 40mg clexane from day 7.

I'm just wondering if that is still the standard advice. My GP is happy to re prescribe what I took previously. I'd love advice from current immune warriors as to what the latest advice is.

Many thanks and keep the faith

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline brooky

modify
    Advice about protocols
    « Reply #1 on: 25/08/20, 13:23 »
    Hi there, I am about to start a cycle and I have been advised I will be taking clexane from day of transfer and told that I will not be able to take prednisone because it is an immuno suppressant.. I am having a frozen embryo transfer, so this is going through a fertility clinic. I wonder if my GP would agree to prescribe it... I think that different clinics give different advice which is really frustrating!

All the best

Offline SunUmbrella

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Advice about protocols
    « Reply #2 on: 5/12/20, 15:28 »
    Hi BethanyBlue,
    I attended an online talk by Dr Gorgy recently and he mentioned that his clinic is using hydroxychloroquine currently as the advice is not to use steroids during the pandemic. I realise your post was quite a while back. How are you getting on?
    xx