* Author Topic: Blastocyst guarantee or 3rd cycle free package at Gennet  (Read 710 times)

0 Members

Offline TBW342

• Un-Ranked
Hi, I posted this question in the Gennet board but it seems quiet there so wondered if anyone else could help. Were just looking into starting a donor egg cycle at Gennet and just wondered which package to choose from. They offer a 2 blastocyst guarantee or a package which guarantees 6 mature eggs or 2 embryos suitable for day 3. Is it necessary to go for blastocyst guarantee with younger eggs? Are the donors chosen specifically for the blastocyst guarantee eg proven donors or younger?  If any one can shed any light on what they did and which option gave them success I would be grateful.

Thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    I was with a clinic n Spain, the offered a 6 egg package, out of the 6 eggs we got one embryo to transfer which was a day 3 6 cell embryo, it didn;t implant and we had nothing to freeze, total waste of money. If I had my time again I would go for blasto guarantee, you at least have a little bit more confidence they have made it to a good stage. Good luck

IT is always better to have blastocysts, but I have to tell you that its not guaranteed they would succeed as well. Im telling you this because I do t know how much knowledge you have on blastocysts. There are different kinds of blastocysts. I had several transfers with them, but my only success was when I had hatched ones.

Offline Cat29

• Un-Ranked
    Hi, we went for the 2 blastocyst guarantee in 2016 at Gennet, we had 6 eggs that fertilised and ended up with two blastocysts at day 5 which we transferred and have a three year old Little boy. We are due to go back to Gennet in November, fingers crossed with Covid and have chosen the two blastocyst guarantee as looking back some of the eggs from our previous cycle that looked good at day 2-3 stopped developing at day 4-5. I really hope this helps and wish you all the best.

Offline TBW342

• Un-Ranked
    Thank you for your replies  :)