* Author Topic: September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 14012 times)

0 Members

Offline Sharry

• Saviour of the Volunteer Team's Combined Sanities
  • Volunteer
modify
September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies
« on: 31/08/20, 20:23 »
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in September / October  2020

Please read the FAQ here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^ 

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

Name    Treatment       Stimming        EC           ET      Test Date    Outcome

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know  :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 1/09/20, 08:29 »
    Thanks Sharry 😊

Go on I'll pop the first post cherry,  morning ladies.

I've just rolled off a failed August cycle and am just waiting for my period to start before I start my protocol to transfer my last little frosty in the hope this one will be a take home babba. We only had three blasts from the last cycle, 1 bfn and a miscarriage at 9 weeks with the one before that so I'm a bit worried the embryos aren't that great despite a 4aa grading or my uterus isn't playing ball.

I had an Aggressive dnc in March and my lining just isn't plumping up as I'd like but I'm hoping the clinic will come up with some ideas this time around and I'm taking lots of vitamin E, liquid,  cut out caffeine and cut back on hiit in favour of weights and walking.

Hoping to find cycle buddies to share my crazy with in the hope we can support each other through the next couple of months.

Hugs all, Ikle x

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 1/09/20, 13:45 »
    Hi Iklefeet Iím really sorry to hear your last cycle was BFN. The FET we had in July also didnít work out for us. Iíve moved over from the other board as Iím so far behind everyone else. Have my downreg scan this Thurs and hopefully will start progynova then.

Hope AF turns up for you soon, every time Iím waiting for AF it always turns up a bit later than expected and drives me nuts 🤣

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 1/09/20, 20:32 »
    I might join this one too as i'm more Sept / Oct...

Hi Ickle (sorry to call you Iggle before, too much In the Night Garden..). Sorry to hear about your last transfer.

Hi Ducky, sorry to hear about your FET didn't work out in July.

I might join this one too - i'm having my first scan for my FET next week - so hoping for a mid Sept transfer. Fingers crossed.

Rio x

Offline DW39

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 1/09/20, 20:58 »
    Hi all - hoping to also join this group if that's ok. Started my injections yesterday and am on a short protocol using Gonal F. We had our last go with DH sperm a few months ago which failed (5th time unlucky!) and time is running out so have now decided to just go with donor sperm for the first time as male fertility has always been our issue - although now it is also my age .

Am already quite anxious about this cycle as I am so much older now and its also the first time we are doing just IVF (and not ICSI where we have always had some eggs fertilise) but they prefer that with donor sperm so am in the hands of the Universe and praying we have something decent to transfer.

Hi Ducky - nice to see you again on his thread. Good luck to everyone,  hopefully this will be a lucky cycle for us all.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 2/09/20, 20:46 »
    Hello ladies, itís nice to see some familiar names though Iím sure we all agree that it would be much nicer if we didnít have to join different cycle buddies all the time  ^pray^

Iklefeet - Iím sorry to hear about your failed FET. Fingers crossed the last remains is a sticky one.

I also had a failed FET in July and had another consultation with the clinic today. Because my amh is really low (1.6 pmol/L) we decided to wait another month as by that point I will have taken 600mg CoQ10 (In the form of ubiquinol).
    I was keen to start asap but figured that the extra month could only make a positive difference rather than a negative (unless Covid kicks off again and they have to shut the clinic but I donít want to think about that).
    Iíll be on short protocol with max dose of Gonal F and hopefully it will be enough to produce a golden embryo. I will have an endo scratch in the next cycle too then hopefully start mid October with transfer hopefully at the end of October.

Good luck to all of us ^fairydust^

Offline MiaCat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 2/09/20, 22:07 »
    Hello. First time poster - Please be gentle!

I'm nearly 42. DH is 36. We've been TTC for two years and had a chemical pregnancy in December. We are starting our first IVF cycle this month. We're doing long protocol with Nurture in Nottingham.
    I'm due to start Buserelin injections on Sept 19th. I'll be taking 450 Menopur when it's time to stim.

Please let me know which bit is the worst in your experience - the Down regulation or the Stim? Or, joy of joys, are they both as bad as each other??!?!?!

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 2/09/20, 22:56 »
    Rio2016 welcome 😁 Hopefully we will be having transfer around the same time!

DW39 / Pritamin lovely to run into you again although I hope we can all graduate from the cycle buddy boards after this cycle!

MiaCat Welcome and good luck! I didnít find downreg too bad and Iíve done it x4. First two times had headaches but better with upping fluids and paracetamol. No physical symptoms for next two but had a couple of inexplicably gloomy mood days which passed. Itís been a while since I did stims but they were also not so bad until I got close to trigger when felt quite bloated and uncomfortable. Hopefully wonít be too bad for you x

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 4/09/20, 23:38 »
    Howís everyone doing?

Had my downreg scan yesterday. All good and started progynova. Have lining scan next week Fri! Hopefully ET the week after. Clinic has stopped Covid swabs with FETs so one less thing to worry about X

Offline DW39

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 5/09/20, 09:29 »
    Hi Ducky - great news you have some dates to look forward to! Bring on next week!!

Hi Mia - welcome to the group. I have never done donwreg so cant comment but stimms has never been that bad for me once you get used to the injections which takes a day or two. I like to think of the whole process in stages and so before you know it you end up at EC (egg collection). Best of luck with your first cycle and feel free to ask any questions and we will see if we can help.

Hi Rio - nice to have you on here. What are your dates for your scan next week, do you know yet?

Hi Ikle - hope things are going well for you. I also had a bad D&C and have spent some time figuring out how to get my lining back to normal. Last cycle I did it finally did so if you want any tips on what worked for me please feel free to PM me. I trawled many websites and research papers and finally found what I think worked for me.

Hi Pritamin - nice to see a familiar face. Hopefully this is the lucky cycle for us all this time! What is max gonal f amount do you know - 450?

Afm, had my day 5 scan on friday and all looked good. Wasnt sure how my body would react given I had a fresh cycle only 3 months ago but lining is behaving and there are about 15 follicles in total they can see, 3 bigger ones and lots of smaller ones that are starting to do something. Even though I am 43, i am luck that numbers havent been too bad for me but am always concerned about quality given my age. Praying that golden egg is in there somewhere! If we get there then think EC may be next Friday.

Went to see Dara O'Briain yesterday in an open air  festival - was hilarious and was loving laughing so hard after a looong lockdown! Happy weekend all.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk