* Author Topic: September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 12579 times)

0 Members

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
modify
September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #10 on: 6/09/20, 19:52 »
Hi Ladies

Is been a crazy busy week at work so not had much chance to catch up until now;

Ducky,  hey lovely to see you on this board, I'm really sorry that your last cycle didn't work either, fingers crossed for the this cycle.
Scan sounds like good news, good luck for Friday,

DW, thanks for the heads up,  I'll drop you a message for the tips, sounds like you have a great number of follicles so here's hoping to a good number of mature egg for you.

How are you feeling Miacat? I always hated bruseralin it drove me a bit bonkers and gave me hot sweats, nenopur was OK though,  everyone reacts differently, good luck through this time.

Hey Pritamin, it does feel like a little bit like a cycle buddies revolving door at the moment,  what ever it takes though I guess. When are you starting up and hoping to transfer.

Hi Rio, don't worry your post made me laugh . . "Somebodies not in bed . . " yup usually me all the hormones have been giving me terrible night sweats.

Well ladies, nothing from me just waiting for my period to show up so i can get the ball rolling,  actually glad it hasn't yet as my clinic haven't sent me the updated protocol yet! They're running on reduced staff so things are taking slightly longer than planned.

It's such a crappy journey this IVF malarkey full of ups and downs and twists and turns here's to the next step and hoping this cycle brings you all joy and the babies you deserve 💗

Hugs, ikle x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline DW39

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 8/09/20, 20:54 »
    Hope everyone is doing Ok and ticking off the days till your next stage. I had another scan yesterday with biggest ollicle measuring 15mm and lining 8.4mm. I love hearing about my lining after years and years of struggling with it so am pleased. EC likely to be Friday. Eek!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 8/09/20, 22:09 »
    Hi Ladies.

Sad to say im back but glad to have some support. Ive had a bad time trying for my second ivf baby most recently a ruptured ectopic in March after thinking my cycle had failed as all test negative and i had my period.
    Very weird day thats taken some getting over.
    This is my final ever ivf. Just waiting on my period to start my stimms.
    Will have a proper read tomorrow when im not falling asleep and get to know you all.

Offline LadyMac2019

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 9/09/20, 11:22 »
    Hi ladies, hope it's ok to join you. My FET got cancelled last month due to growing follicles through progynova. I now need to downregulate for two weeks first  ;D

The clinic have decided to repeat my endometrial scratch so I'll have this on the 17th and start downreg from that date I think!
    I've never had a FET before.

I hope you're all doing ok! Iklefeet I can really relate to that -  this has been a lot more emotionally demanding/surprising than I thought! I hope we all have luck on our side this time.

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 9/09/20, 11:57 »
    Iklefeet hope AF turns up soon and your protocol arrives swiftly! When are you expecting AF?

DW39 great news lining is doing well! When are you having your next scan/ looking at EC?

Bobbinhead Really sorry to hear about the ectopic, I hope the next cycle is much more positive for you and that AF comes soon so you can get started. I had similar with first IVF transfer, BFN at OTD, then a v borderline positive a few days after followed by full on period. But then hcg doubling every 48h after the bleed 😬 So had to have monitoring scans and bloods for 2 weeks so they were absolutely sure they werenít missing a viable pregnancy before conceding it was an ectopic. Since then have had one successful cycle and then a BFN while TTC #2 in July. I now check a hpt 1 week and 2 weeks after OTD just to be sure!

LadyMac2019 Good luck for the scratch, FETs really arenít too bad! Sounds like you are on similar protocol to me but Iím a bit further on. Have started progynova after downregging and going for lining scan this Fri. X

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 9/09/20, 21:18 »
    Hi ladies!!

Hoping to join the bandwagon here. Some familiar names too...!

I had one IVF round last year, we had to freeze because of OHSS and then did a FET which was a BFN. 4 blastocysts were left over

This year we tried to have another fresh round but again the dreaded OHSS and had to freeze but only 5 fertilised and they froze on day 1. (We now have a total of 9 waiting for us on ice)

Tried to have a natural FET but too many cysts and hormones all over the shop last month.

Have a scan on Friday 11th.....prostap injection if they give me the go ahead from the scan. Down regulate and then oestrogen to build up the lining!

Turned 34 and DH is 37 starting to worry a little if this is ever going to happen for us 😔

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 11/09/20, 18:38 »
    Fm86 welcome and hope your scan today was ok!

DW39 how is it going? Did they do EC today?

Hope everyone else is doing ok? I had lining scan today and all good to go for ET next Friday! X

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 11/09/20, 18:59 »
    Hey,

I feel like we've got the band back together now your here too FM86, blooming hope those ovaries of yours behave this time, how was the scan, fingers crossed to get the good to go ahead.

Ducky, excellent news hon blimey that's gone quickly i can't believe transfer has ome around again for you, here's hoping this is the one, my cousin is due to give birth in the next few weeks and her nick name is Ducky so I'm rooting for you and take that as a sign x

Ladymac it's rubbish when a cycle is cancelled but my only successful transfer was following a biopsy which is similar to a scratch, good luck.

Bobbinhead, I'm really sorry about your ectopic, it is really tough on the body and mind. This is our last frosty and I feel a little extra pressure knowing that but trying not to focus on it.

Dw, how did egg collection go hon, I hope it wasn't too painful and you aren't too uncomfortable, great news on the lining though.

So my period finally started,  i thought great all go,  notified the clinic,  booked flights and hotel and then it stopped,  almost as fast as it started??? Why does the body always do that when your planning a cycle lol,  only saving grace is my cycle in December it did the same thing and after spotting for few days the clinic said just start the protocol and I got pregnant so I'm just going to go with the flow and see what tomorrow brings.   Hugs all

Ikle xxx

Offline DW39

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 11/09/20, 19:43 »
    Hi all - hope everyone is looking forward to the weekend!

Hi bobbinhead - so sorry to hear about the ectopic. The same thing happened to me and it was so scary when it burst. I had no idea what was happening. Hope you have started to recover mentally and physically and good luck with your new cycle. What protocol are you on?

Ladymac - welcome and hope downreg goes well. Is it your first time doing downreg? I have always wondered what a scratch does exactly?

Fm86 - hello again. This WILL happen for you. You are young and strong and you got this!! You also have age on your side so keep going!!

Ducky - yay for your scan. Bet you are counting down the days now!! Hope you have some plans to make the days go quickly.

Hi Ickle- how annoying re period but sounds like it could be a good sign given what happened when you last got pregnant. Fingers crossed for you. Where do you have treatment given you book flights? Somewhere warm and sunny hopefully!

Afm, sorry been a bit silent. Had a weird scan on wednesday which showed my lining had shrunk to 7.3 from 8.4. Was so confused. It was a different nurse and talking to the doctor today (I had EC today) he said if different nurses take the reading then they can give different results. The nurse who said 8.4 this cycle and said I got to 8.8 before EC last cycle was the same lady. The one who said it was 7.3 was different. So now I dont know if the nurse who gave me good readings was just 'generous'with her readings....?!?! Having been obsessed with my lining for so many years this was not good to hear so I went into a stupor about it all. However have now decided not much I can do but ask for another nurse if I have to do this again and just keep moving on.

Doc today scanned me just before EC (I asked him to) and said lining was 'compacting' as expected so all looked fine. So 16 eggs today which is great but nervous for tomorrow as doing IVF with donor sperm (or super sperm as my DH calls it) for first time so without ICSI you have nothing guaranteed..... Keeping everything crossed for a positive call tomorrow morning. Wish me luck ladies!!

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 12/09/20, 07:54 »
    Iklefeet great news you can start but annoying about AF messing you about! When are you due to fly over?

DW39 Try not to worry about lining, equally the nurse who was measuring the lining as being <8mm could have been stingy with the measurements! If you think about it itís a difference of 1mm or so, I can see how there might be a bit of variation between different people measuring. Either way your lining sounds fine. 16 eggs is fab! I hope you get good news with the Ďsuperí sperm today 🤞🤞🤞