* Author Topic: September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 16131 times)

0 Members

Offline Goldrush

modify
September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #110 on: 4/10/20, 14:07 »
Daffodil Im sorry to hear that the bleeding is still there, donít give up hope, thinking of you xxx why do baby showers and pregnancy announcements seem to always have that perfect timing when you are going through something like this - you think it will get easier it never does. Hope you managed to get through it. Iíve just had news my cousin has had a baby, feel happy for her but those feelings always come back why me? I have just been resting, just hope everything will be ok for Tuesday xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bobbinhead

• Keeping the faith that it will all work out
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 5/10/20, 12:16 »
    How you feeling daffodil??

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 5/10/20, 15:07 »
    Hey ladies

Bobbin,  Daffodil I can't remember but feel like your OTD is around now, how are you both,  thinking of you and sending hugs 💙 ❤ 🤗 this covid  rubbish is awful,  we're living with the threat of redundancy and have been the last 6 months and I keep fretting about losing our house. Also someone always seems to be having a baby in my family, it's just bloody hard when you want some thing that comes so easily to others,  hugs x

FM, I hope you're feeling better now and the fever has subsided, it should have , broken is its a general virus,  worrying if your OK and sending you lots and lots of positive vibes your covid results x

Miacat, goldrush, how are you feeling on the drugs, when are your scans, time flies right up to transfer than just slows wishing you luck.

Rio, Ducky, not sure if you're still on here but thinking your first scans must be coming up next week or soon after, I find that wait almost as painful if not more than the 2ww, sending love for a strong ❤  heartbeat ladies xxx

Hope everyone is feeling ok, the weather has been miserable so hard to keep your spirits up,  this 2ww is total torture, I've been up and down and a bag of nerves but I'm actually very hopeful today as I've started to feel nauseous and I'm shattered, it could all be in my head but keeps me going, just a few more days until otd, I hope you are all keeping sane ❤

Hugs Ikle xxx

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 5/10/20, 15:36 »
    Hey,

Ikle - Iím so glad your feeling your usual positive self ☺️

Daffodil - hope and pray your bleeding has stopped and all is well.

Goldrush - howís your boy feeling? Hope he is on the mend. The weather really doesnít help

Bobbin - donít worry about symptoms not being there! Hang in there.

Still hanging on. This damn fever is just not going. The only thing that seems to be calming it is paracetamol! But like clockwork itís up when times up.

This 2WW I think will drive me potty 😬 How are you ladies passing the time?

Sorry if I missed anyone x hope everyone else is doing well

Offline Goldrush

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 5/10/20, 16:10 »
    I hope everyone is keeping well.

Ickle not long to go now, Iím glad you are feeling positive today. 💗 I can understand how you feel, my husband has been on furlough since March and we are feeling anxious about redundancy too. I was doing supply work before the pandemic hit and decided I wouldnít go back until after treatment was over so it is a scary time.

FM I hope you donít have to wait too much longer for the Covid results to come back. I hope the fever breaks soon. I hope you are managing to rest, take care 💗

Daffodil have been thinking of you, I hope you are ok xxx

My little boy is a lot better thank you, it just seems to be a cold - itís the second one since heís been back to school which has only been a few weeks 😕 I still have an ear ache that comes and goes, I have been trying to rest. I have my downreg scan tomorrow so I hope I am ok for tomorrow morning. Too much worry at the moment. Iím trying to breathe, meditate and relax but itís hard! The medication doesnít help. Iím not sleeping well at night could that be the medication or anxiety I donít know. Wishing everyone strength and love X

Offline MiaCat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 6/10/20, 10:17 »
    Hello lovely ladies,

goldrush - good luck for your downreg scan today. I'll be at mine at 6.30pm (I'm at Nurture in Nottingham). Will be thinking of you today. I've been working hard on the meditation, breathing and relaxation but totally agree - it's not easy!!!! I'm using the Deepak Chopra app for meditations and it's helped a bit. i've tried meditation so many times over the years and never 'got it' but I think I'm starting to. I find guided ones easier than just being told to 'clear your mind'. My thoughts race the whole time, so I can't just bloody 'clear my mind'!! Hope you're finding something that works for you.

Bobbinhead - Have you got about 4 days to go til your OTD?  Am crossing my fingers for you. I work in events too (festivals, in my case), so I understand the uncertainty that you and your husband must be going through. Every day there seems to be a little positive news and a lot of negative news. Feels like we're on a rollercoaster. And that's before I even start thinking of the uncertainty of IVF. You have every right to be feeling out of sorts, but I'm sending hope and positivity and love your way.  ^hugme^

Icklefeet - Thanks so much for all the advice! I'm following it all, althought the 'no ice cream after transfer' is going to be a tough one!!  :o The drugs are ok I think. I've been having some 'tropical moments' and having to peel off layers - it only happens late in the evening or in bed. I guess that's why they are described as night sweats. I'm on the verge of a headache pretty much all the time but I keep it at bay with copius mugs of decaf tea and pints of water. I've never been to the loo so much in my life! Hope your tiredess isn't getting you down and you're still feeling hopeful. I'm thinking of you.  ^hugme^

FM86 - how's the fever? Did you get your covid result? Do we get an extra medal for going through all this during a pandemic do you think? I bloody hope so!  ^pray^Thank you for your advice. It's so comforting to get advice from someone who knows what they are talking about rather than a random google.

Daffodil1223 - Is it your OTD today? Thinking of you and sending positive vibes by the bucketload. Thank you so much for the words of wisdom re the timeline. You really put my mind at rest  ^reiki^

Rio2016 - how are you getting on? feeling ok I hope  :)

From the sounds of your posts, the two week wait sounds like torture. I'm taking two weeks off work starting on the 16th when I have my first scan, through egg collection and transfer, then back to work on the 27th, which should be a couple of days into my TWW. My aim was to be 'on hols' (hmm. basically quarantined at Mum's because it's close to Nurture) for the bits where I'll be forwards and backwards to appointments. Is it a good thing or a bad thing to be working during the TWW? I need to keep my stress levels low then, right? I have a feeling I may have to confess what I'm going through to more collegues so they give me a break... It's a balancing act isn't it?

Love to all xxxx

Offline Goldrush

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 6/10/20, 11:06 »
    Hope everyone is well this morning xx

Good luck for your scan today MiaCat xx

Iíve just got back from my appointment - all looking good - lining thin and ovaries quiet so I start my oestrogen tablets from tomorrow for two weeks until my next scan to check lining thickness. Feel like everything is taking so long to get to transfer date.

Also had to have a Covid test at the clinic today, hope it all comes back clear - something else I now have to worry about! 😟

Take care everyone x

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 6/10/20, 12:13 »
    Afternoon ladies

Goldrush - I found acupuncture really helped me along nicely with my lining.

Miacat - find a distraction. Currently binge watching marvel movies in order. It may not be the most calming thing tho 😂

So the good news....Covid results are negative 🎉🎉🎉🎉

Still have a fever nevertheless. Barts are saying itís nothing to do with the transfer and possible do the test again. No antibiotics or anything needed. just keep taking paracetamol.!

GP wonít see me as fever is above 37.8 so Iím in limbo!

Apart from cramps I donít have any other symptoms which makes me feel like Iím out of the race already 😞.

Hope everyone else is having a great day x

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #118 on: 6/10/20, 15:05 »
    Hi Ladies,

Just a quick one for FM, have you called your GP? It's not usual for a fever from a virus to run this long without breaking so it does sound like a bacterial infection.

I got a bladder infection post one of my transfers which presented as cramps and fever a simple urine test identified it and it was gone within 2 days of starting the antibiotics.
    Sending you hugs

Ikle x

Offline daffodil123

modify
    « Reply #119 on: 6/10/20, 15:59 »
    Hi everyone,

Iklefeet - good advice for FM on the UTI. It's quite possible FM that you might have an unrelated underlying infection that's triggering your temperature - do you have any sores anywhere that could be a skin infection alternatively? I would call your GP & see if you can speak to them over the phone for advice & ask if they can do some standard tests (like urine/blood etc). It's great that your Covid results were negative.  ^hugme^

Goldrush - yes that part of treatment can seem to drag, but before you know it you'll be ready for your transfer. I'm glad to hear that you're appt went well today. It must feel so good to finally get moving with things now.

MiaCat - working during the 2ww can actually be a good thing to distract you, but it does depend on the job! The first week would especially be a good time to work (as long as you're taking it as easy as you can & not running a marathon!) The last 4-5 days of the 2ww I've always found the hardest though - it's often the time when you start to loose the plot & when you start to get signs like bleeding if it's not worked (and sometimes even when it has worked!) so that emotionally can be tough to deal with in a work environment. If you can have any flexibility in your job at that time or take a bit of time off then that's an advantage I think. But others might disagree. I've was employed during my first couple of fresh rounds of IVF, but right in the middle of my second round the charity I worked for started consultation for redundancy  ^bigbad^ so I then had to deal with all those meetings & all the stress of redundancy at the same time as IVF!!  ^tantrum^ I then decided to take some time off work & did a third round of tx which then ended in a mmc so I kind of lost the plot for a bit!  ^mercy^ Then my fourth round I was still off work & that's the round we conceived our little girl luckily. I've been wanting to get back to work part time now my daughter is a bit older, but we decided to take her out of nursery temporarily during lockdown as I was in the shielding group so I'm at extremely high risk if I catch Covid & she hasn't re-started since, so I'm a bit stuck as it's hard to find a job when you haven't got any childcare in place.
    o
    Iklefeet & Bobbinhead - when are your OTD's?

My OTD is tomorrow, but I 99.989% know the answer already. I've been bleeding constantly for the past 36 hours or so & getting bad cramps, so I know already it will most likely be a negative. The worst bit at this point is not being able to use tampons or a heat pad!!

Sending love & baby dust to you all.  ^fairydust^

Daffodil Xxx