* Author Topic: September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 15695 times)

0 Members

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
modify
September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #160 on: 9/10/20, 17:19 »
Sending lots of love Daffodil, you are so right,  this is just the first hurdle so I'm just taking one day at a time.  I really hope the next cycle is the one that gives you your dream baby.

Miacat, great you managed to work it out,  you'll be having yourself in your sleep soon lol.  The not sleeping doesn't stop after transfer either, I seem to be awake from 2.30 to 4.30 every night now,  we should have a support group for insomniacs.

Hey Rio, I  ^Heart^ your name, it's a bit rock star ish,  I think it certainly deserves a few  ^pompom^ ^pompom^ ^jumpin^ ^sunny^ ^bow^ ^jumpin^

Ducky,  how are you,  we haven't heard from you for a while,  hope you are ok?

Hang in FM, not long hon

Hugs goldrush have a lovey weekend

So,  got my beta results back,  obviously it's just one so until we see the doubling rate it doesn't really mean anything but it's 453 at 10dp5dt. Next beta tomorrow and then final Monday. My Progesterone was 93.9 apparently that's high but sure if you can have too much Progesterone at this stage but I'm ambivalent at the moment, my last pregnancy was 394 at this stage and doubled in 42 hours but still stopped so it's not a reliable indicator for me.  Roll on scan in 3 weeks.

Hugs all, ikle xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #161 on: 9/10/20, 20:44 »
    Daffodil Iím so so sorry about the result ☹️ I hope you are managing as ok as you can be under the circumstances. Fingers crossed for you next cycle whenever you decide to go again. xxx

Goldrush good news on the Covid swabs- one less thing to worry about! Hope you start feeling better soon on the oestrogen.

Bobbinhead congrats on your positive although Iím sorry to hear about our friend. I hope sheís doing ok.

FM86 tentative congrats! Definitely a line there!

Rio2016 good luck for Mon. X

Iklefeet thatís amazing news and a great beta! I totally get that you would be cautious at this stage but I have my fingers crossed for you this all works out. My progesterone was >100 and the clinic were happy so I wouldnít worry about it being too high. Iím fine btw, just counting the days until scan next Thurs. X

Hope everyone else is doing ok ❤️

Offline daffodil123

modify
    « Reply #162 on: 9/10/20, 21:33 »
    Thanks Ducky and Ikle.

Ikle - yes I donít think your progesterone can be too high. The only thing a high level can mean sometimes is twins! I think itís supposed to double every 48 hours, so best of luck with tomorrow and Mondayís results.

Yes weíre hoping to cycle again very soon (mainly because of my AMH level being low for my age) but it all depends a bit on whether thereís another lockdown, especially for the shielding group as I was in that group for the last lockdown. Itís the last worry we need tbh - especially with a low AMH ticking away and some immune suppression meds that I really need to come off pronto!
    Weíve got a follow up with the ivf consultant on Monday afternoon so I wonder what heíll say? I wonder if not being able to take prednisolone this time made a difference? Or the fact I had an ice cream!?!!   This process really makes you go a bit loopy doesnít it!?! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mmc224

modify
    « Reply #163 on: 10/10/20, 02:17 »
    Ikle, wonderful news 😀 and good luck for future betas and scan!

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #164 on: 10/10/20, 05:56 »
    Hey

Ducky, how fab to hear from you,  glad you are well, I'll be thinking of you next Thursday and sending ❤ to baby duck for a beautiful strong heartbeat and thanks for the progesterone tip.

Daffodil, honey it is so hard not to focus on what ifs . . What if I'd not lifted this or eaten that but this IVF is a much luck as it is embryos and linings, its bloody rotten that it didn't work but I doubt one I've cream made a difference, going down the what if path will drain you with self doubt and blame that's not necessary and it won't help you on this journey.
    Its ok to feel sad, have a little cry for what could have been but also give yourself lots of self love. This is a tough journey, keep reminding yourself what a complete warrior you are putting yourself through this again and again in the pursuit of a family. You've been so strong,  you are completely amazing how you've stayed positive and shared your compassion with others in this board 💜 the only thing worth focusing on now is moving forward. Sending you so much love and positive vibes for the future.
    Good luck

Mmc, lovely to see you here, I've just seen your previous post,  how exciting you've decided to go for it yay.
    Prague was like a ghost town with lots of places empty or closed,  they've introduced a state of national emergency so restaurants and bars are closed at 8pm now,  it was 10 when I was there. So the streets aren't crowded.  I needed a letter from the clinic stating I was traveling for treatment but I wasn't checked although having it made me feel better. 
    The biggest issue was flights, BA was one of the few airlines still flying and they kept cancelling flights to consolidate then.  In the end my clinic moved transfer (I hadn't started my Progesterone) a day so I could fly in,  transfer and fly out the next evening. 
    The airport was a ghost town I counted about 15 people I encountered in the walk to the gate and it felt very safe.  Hand gels everywhere, although I washed my hands a much as possible instead of rubbing all the alcohol in e.g. getting into hotel didn't rich anything then washed my hands,  I just felt didn't want to absorb so much rubbish through my scan on transfer day,
    lots people in masks etc
    I just worked from home for 2 weeks when I got back but then I've been sheilding throughout so I hardly leave the house normally anyway. Good luck 👍 💓

Ikle xxx

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #165 on: 10/10/20, 16:04 »
    Hi ladies,

How is everyone?

I have the most painful leg and back pain - anything I can do to help relieve the pain??

What do the blood levels tell you? I donít think they do them on Nhs -  just a scan after 2 weeks from the date theyíve given to see if itís Ďviableí.

Offline daffodil123

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 10/10/20, 19:07 »
    Thanks Ikle for your wonderful and kind words. Iíve been laid up with a migraine today (probably due to my hormones crashing now!) so I truly needed those lovely words. Thank you. And what a complete warrior you are too! Have you been shielding for medical reasons or just being sensible during IVF?

Fm86 - paracetamol is usually fine hun but avoid ibuprofen. The best thing is stretching - especially for back pain. Hope it clears up soon for you hun. Xx

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #167 on: 10/10/20, 21:38 »
    Hey ladies,

I have some brown discharge....feeling really anxious and worried. 😢

My first/last transfer started off with some brown discharge and then started to bleed more and got a BFN.

Really shouldnít have tested early 😔

Offline daffodil123

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 10/10/20, 21:46 »
    Fm - do hang in there hun. During my pregnancy with our little girl I had regular brown spotting and it never amounted to much more than that. Brown is old blood so it could well just be implantation bleeding or just from the meds. With my negative this time around it was bright red fresh blood I had, not brown, so you might well still be in with a good chance. Keep the faith and Iím keeping everything crossed for you hun. Xxx

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #169 on: 11/10/20, 13:04 »
    💗💗FM 86 - itís so hard to distract yourself isnít it - Iím trying to watch lots of box sets and try not to think about it as much as poss (itís so hard tho) x