* Author Topic: September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 12583 times)

0 Members

Offline DW39

modify
September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #20 on: 12/09/20, 11:15 »
You are so right Ducky - I always just assume the worst!

So after a horrendous morning of waiting till 11am for the call (I swear these calls are the worst bit for me for the IVF process!), they said we have 4 embryos. 2 more fertilised but looked abnormal (not strange given my age!), 5 were immature (so really we are looking at how many fertilised out of 11) and the 5 that did nothing she thinks were maybe only approaching maturity so that is likely the reason. So all in all given my age (43) and given this was IVF (so more natural selection which I prefer) and given last round with DH sperm gave us 3 embryos, I am not displeased and am just praying the super duper sperm selected good eggs (if there were any). Will update on Monday with the dreaded day 3 call....!

Hope everyone is doing OK.

Sent from my SM-A705FN using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 12/09/20, 14:50 »
    Hey ladies,

Appointment went well.

Cysts have cleared up themselves but lots happening in ovaries. They are small follicles (20) and lining is thin. They saw a structure near left ovary but they think itís the end of the tube they cut.

Theyíve given me Prostap which should stop all my hormones and mimic menopause and then bring on a bleed.

Hoping it starts soon so I can start building up that lining again!!

Hope your all enjoying the lovely weather xxx

Offline LadyMac2019

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 13/09/20, 12:04 »
    Morning Ladies

Sorry I've been a bit quiet. Work has been busy and the usual pre-treatment wobbles have set in! I try to manage them by exercising and seeing friends (although it's still a bit tricky with COVID).. I've considered counselling a few times but I haven't actually made an appointment. I don't know if anyone else has been/found it useful? It's been two years of treatment for us so some therapy may be useful.

FM great to read how you're getting on. I hope AF comes soon for you! It's really positive you've got all those embryos banked. I'm 34 too and I've had some of the same thoughts/feelings but fingers crossed luck is on our side this time.

DW I've got my fingers crossed for you. I had 4 embryos and ended up with 3 blasts so it's possible with donor sperm.  The scratch is supposed to aid implantation. I've never actually had a positive pregnancy test from any of my treatment cycles so the idea (I believe) is that by scratching the womb it makes it more receptive. It can also do something to the 'immune profile' (?) apparently. I've done two IVF cycles with long protocol and downregged with buserelin twice for 3-4 weeks so I'm kinda used to it. I haven't had lots of side effects from downreg yet, which is lucky.

Icklefeet thanks for sharing! Where are you cycling? I've read a lot about Serum in Athens recently.

Mia how are you feeling about starting treatment on the 19th? I found downreg and stimms ok. Egg collection was a bit painful in one ovary but I was provided with gas and air.

Pritamin sorry to hear about your last cycle. Best of luck with the next one.

Rio how did your scan go? Are you transferring soon?

Bobbinhead Good luck. I really hope this one is successful.

I hope you're all enjoying the weekend. Apparently some parts of the UK are in for a heat wave?!...x

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 13/09/20, 13:54 »
    Hi all,

Iím just on my phone today so sending a quick message.

Yes to counselling - I had some after my second or third cycle - it really helped me to talk things through. It was private but I thought well worth it. I also had some NHS treatment for anxiety after my daughter was born and that was also useful. It was over the phone but they sent different booklets that helped me think of strategies when Iím feeling overwhelmed/ worried.

My transfer is tomorrow - I feel so bloated and a bit tired. I dunno if not telling anyone this time is the best plan! Kinda goes against my counselling from before. I guess Iíll tell people in due course once I know the outcome... Iíve had to keep all our plans really vague with not knowing scan / transfer times but itís worked out with work / caring for my daughter etc so fingers crossed. Saw some friends for dinner and was asked my plans for no. 2 and just blagged my way through it a bit.

I dunno how Iíll cope with having a full bladder / walking to train / train etc now my bladder isnít as strong as it was..🙈

Will try and log in later tonight on computer or while working tomorrow and do proper personals xxx

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 13/09/20, 17:31 »
    FM86 glad scan went well and hope AF comes soon so you can press on with the next stage

LadyMac2019 I havenít done counselling before but have heard some people say they found it very helpful. When will you be starting treatment?

@Rio2016 Iíve hardly told anyone this time, itís just too exhausting having to go through the motions if itís a BFN again. Also feeling quite bloated on the oestrogen and progesterone! Good luck for you transfer tomorrow  xx

DW39 thatís great on the embryos! 🤞 for good news on the update tomorrow

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 14/09/20, 11:01 »
    Thanks Ducky - waiting for my train to the transfer and trying not to wet myself!! Sorry for the TMI but find moving too much with a full bladder a bit 😱 xx

Suddenly feeling a bit emotional/nervous but going to listen to music while drinking water subtly under my mask
    X

Offline DW39

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 14/09/20, 13:02 »
    Good luck with the transfer Rio - let us know when you are officially PUPO and hope you you can keep your bladder in check till then!!

I had my day 3 call. All 4 still in the running, phew! 2 at 8 cells which is where they should be, one at 12 cell but they said was at 6 yesterday and one at 10 cell. So far so good but it's always the next few days where the numbers tend to drop. Booked in for transfer on Wednesday if all goes well.

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 14/09/20, 13:24 »
    Oh great news DW 39.

Iím on the train home and have had the transfer. They were running an hour late and I got so upset cos my bladder was so full - cried lots and got to empty it a few times but it was really quite  :-[

Kinda regret not telling anyone. Have a meeting as soon as I get home - really need a hug and some lunch! Xx

Offline DW39

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 14/09/20, 13:51 »
    Oh no, I know it's not the same but ***big virtual hugs***. Finish up your calls and then put your feet up for the day. You deserve it!!

Offline MiaCat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 14/09/20, 16:17 »
    Hello all you wonderful women!

LadyMac2019 - I highly recommend therapy. Not just for this part of life, but for everything! I've had various types over the years but have recently started speaking to a Cognitive Behavioural Therapist who has been better than all the others put together. CBT is so practical and focusses on giving you tools and techniques to help you. It feels like a very positive way of dealing with anxieties in particular.

Sending you hugs Rio2016. Hope you have a restful few days ahead.

Fingers crossed for Wednesday DW39.

My drugs just arrived. In a BIG box, (like 50cm x 35cm x35cm!). Who knew there were SO MANY. 78 ampules of Menopur, and big, fat needles. The Buserilin looks like a walk in the park, but the Menopur, not so much! I assume when it says that I have to take 6ampules per day (max dose I think) that's all in one go, not 6x injections...right????