* Author Topic: September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 22108 times)

0 Members

Offline Pritamin

• Gold Member
modify
September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #230 on: 22/10/20, 22:26 »
Just hopping on here to say good luck MiaCat for your EC tomorrow ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MiaCat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #231 on: 23/10/20, 07:44 »
    Thank you so, so much Pritamin! In the car park now. Thinking happy thoughts before I walk in to the Clinic! Xx

Offline Goldrush

modify
    « Reply #232 on: 23/10/20, 09:40 »
    I hope it went well this morning MiaCat. Take it easy fir the next few days xxx

Offline Lorz80

modify
    « Reply #233 on: 23/10/20, 10:23 »
    Got everything crossed that today was good news. Xx

Offline TrionaT

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #234 on: 23/10/20, 14:34 »
    Good luck to the ladies doing treatment, MiaCat, Goldfish  ^hugme^

Lorz - I meant the 6 wk scan. I did a cycle in early Oct. Got BFP and now just hanging on for an early scan.
    I am petrified to get excited about this and its not surprising with my history as pregnancy doesn't always mean baby for me so no dancing bananans just yet!!!  ;D
    BFP usually means baby for most people though with good odds, just not always in my case , every cycle I do is slightly different, ( different embryos , different protocols , throwing everything at it )
    ....I had 3579 BHCG and then 5714 , so numbers look okay but then they have looked fine in the past also and all the way to 7000 and then not been fine so I'm not counting my chickens yet
     but  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ 6 weeks to go till 12 wk mark. Ireland is in lockdown for 6 wks , how apt. I'll be locking myself down anyway, can't do much now, gym/pub or visit anyone.
    I was lucky to do a cycle abroad at all with Covid , 6 flights later they kept getting cancelled   ::) Honestly i'm not sure how the baby stuck on with the stress of it all, not to mind getting lost with no sat Nav 1 hour before my plane was due to take off and no other flights out for a whole week!!
    I'm not sure if I should still be on this board now that I got BFP but just don't feel like I'm in that category yet till I have a viabliity scan .

Hope everyone else is doing ok.
    Ikle thinking of you!

xxxx

Offline Lorz80

modify
    « Reply #235 on: 23/10/20, 16:07 »
    Triona - it sounds like youíve had  a really tough journey. I hope this little bean wants to stick around - I really hope so!! Itís so hard not being able to be excited or positive a little it.  Of course you should stay on this board for as long as you feel you need it!! So often places like this can be the only place to Ďtalkí openly about things.

Offline TrionaT

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #236 on: 24/10/20, 10:33 »
    Thanks Lorz, I had some cramping last night, the worry doesn't end does it.. we were so nervous with our last pregnancy we didn't tell our parents or friends it was twins till they were 30 wks !

It has definitely psychologically scarred me the whole IVF journey but it did have a happy ending for me last time which I'm so grateful for and appreciate.
     I had a nice break from the whole IVF for the last 5 years and I have to say I did forget all the trauma of it, until it reared its ugly head again and we decided to go for another one. Back to the needles and hormones  and emptying the bank account etc  :)   
    I'm sure every woman on here is going through an equally tough journey.
    Squeeky bum time for me as Alex Ferguson would say at the end of a season! 5wks + 2 days and counting  ^pray^ No word back from early pregnancy unit, hopefully I get a scan next week to see whats going on in there, sometimes a few weeks feels like a lifetime on this journey. I do miss a glass of wine to make me relax a little , herbal tea is just not the same is it, lol.

How is everyone else doing?? How did the EC go ?

Offline Goldrush

modify
    « Reply #237 on: 24/10/20, 11:28 »
    Hi everyone,

How everyone is doing well.

MiaCat I hope you are ok?

Triona you are right the worry never seems to end, you can never totally just relax. Days and weeks seem endless sometimes. I hope you get a date for your scan soon and that everything is ok for you. Reading your history you have been through so much. After having my son I said I would never go through IVF again, i always thought about it in the back ground but it took so much from me mentally. I am already quite a worrier and going through like something like this just exaggerated it all. After a lot of thinking we decided to give it one try at least. Feels like Tuesday is forever away! With everything that is going on I canít completely just relax, I just want Tuesday to come. Feel like my life has been on standstill since we started in September. I just want to get back to some kind of normality.
    Wishing you all the best xx

Offline MiaCat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #238 on: 26/10/20, 16:07 »
    Gold rush - have been thinking of you today. Hope your transfer has gone really well. Such an exciting day!

Triona - sending you calming, positive energy.

Jen - hello! Hope your side effects are easing now youíre further along with your drugs.

Rio - Hope you are doing well.

Ickle - Hope all is ok at home.

As for me... egg collection went really well on Friday morning. Thank you for all your kind words. Lovely anaesthetist put me totally Ďunderí and I didnít feel a thing. Talented surgeon must have been gentle as anything because I have barely had a twinge since. Total miracle workers. They got 14 eggs, which is more than I expected. 13 of them were mature. Unbelievably, all 13 of those have fertilised! Weíre now waiting to hear from the embryologist tomorrow (tues) to see how they have grown. Transfer will then be on Wednesday at some point.
    Iím trying to rest up and eat good food. Any tips on things I should or shouldnít be doing? Oh, and these pessaries are horrible arenít they?!?

Much love to all xxxxxx

Offline Goldrush

modify
    « Reply #239 on: 26/10/20, 17:09 »
    Hi MiaCat really glad to hear your egg collection went well. It sounds really positive. Am pleased that you are feeling well in yourself. My transfer is tomorrow. The embryologist will thaw the embryo in the morning and will call me at 11ish to let me know if the thaw has gone ok- we have three on ice so Iím hoping that we have a good chance. All being well transfer will be around half one. Donít know if I will be able to sleep tonight.

Havenít had a brilliant day today, just had news today that my husband is being made redundant from work so itís been a horrible day.