* Author Topic: September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 16120 times)

0 Members

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
modify
September / October 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #80 on: 30/09/20, 13:01 »
Welcome goldrush, good luck with the downreg

Yay FM time is flying by,  can't believe its nearly transfer time, here's sending your embies lots of positive vibes, I can't remember what day they are or what day they will be when they're transferred, will it be 5? You can join the crazy gang  ^idiot^

How is everyone else doing? I'm already losing the plot at the lack of symptoms except a warm tingly sensation around my withered ovaries, probably the hcg booster shot lol.

Hugs all,

Ikle x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fm86

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 30/09/20, 16:35 »
    Welcome goldrush!

Ikle - lol sometimes our mind makes us feel and believe things!! I canít wait to join you guys!

I got a call from embryologist in morning that 2 have divided into 4 cells and 1 has divided into 3.

They are going to transfer on day 3 as they believe itís better in then out and they can clearly see the 2 that are the best!

Tomorrow itís booked for 11:40 but I will get a call incase anything changes.

Iíve only had one transfer last year and it was dam painful to the point, I had a spasm down there and it pushed out the speculum 🙈- any tips?

Offline Goldrush

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 30/09/20, 17:14 »
    Good luck for tomorrow FM86, I hope it all goes smoothly xx

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 30/09/20, 19:02 »
    Soz for lack of messages - work super busy and by time daughter in bed feel a bit exhausted.

So sorry about that 💕💕

My only transfer advice is maybe donít drink too much water and then need to pee really bad - my consultant was running an hour late and he let me go do three wees in the end! So maybe the full bladder thing is more - quite full not bursting full! Xxx

Offline daffodil123

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 30/09/20, 20:07 »
    Hi everyone,

Rio - I totally know what you mean about feeling knackered by the end of the day! I don't think these meds help - especially the DR & progesterone, plus all the extra hormones you must now have surging through you.

Ikle - oh yes the crazy gang! I'm definitely a certified member here!! I'm definitely loosing the plot now.  ^idiot^ ;D Every time I feel a twinge I wonder "is it implantation" or "could it be my period about to start"?!! "or is it just the meds"?!! I'm seriously going to have lost the plot by OTD! I'm a stay at home mum now (long story!) & I'm sure having time at home not distracted by work is in some ways making this harder!  ^spin^

FM86 - ooh good luck for transfer tomorrow! Rio had some great advice on drinking - the worst they'll do if you haven't drunken enough is just get you to sit down and drink a bit more. To be that's always been preferable to having an accident!  :o The other bit of advice I'd give is to use some deep breathing - it really does help as it's like natural pain relief! I've found each transfer to be different - there was one round in particular that was quite painful, so now I try and relax and do deep breathing & focus on why I'm doing it. My recent transfer wasn't at all painful & I don't know if he used lots of lube or was just really skilled but I even told my hubby afterwards how easy it was! So good luck & I'm sure you'll be fine hun.  ^hugme^

Goldrush - welcome to the group! I love your name too.  ;) You are brave trying again - it's such a tough process & with this being my 6th round I know what a rollercoaster it can be.  ^hugme^ I also had a delay in the start of my treatment - I had to have a few tests done & then lockdown happened just after we'd had our nurse planning appointment & I was in the shielding group so couldn't go anywhere for a long time.  ::) Then I had a cyst at the start of DR, but luckily there wasn't much of a delay as I was given an Ovitrelle shot to collapse it which worked. I guess it is all just part of the colourful tapestry of this fertility journey!

Ducky - what was your official news? Was it as you'd expected? I do hope so & have everything crossed for you!  ^pray^

Pritamin - welcome!  ::)

Bobbinhead - I hate this bit so much!! It's like torture!! It's funny how you forget quite quickly after each round how bad the waiting is, but then this bit brings back lots of memories. My main one is of when I got AF whilst wrapping xmas presents when OTD was xmas day.  :'( And I remember the knicker watching like it was yesterday!  ^idiot^

Hope everyone else is doing ok on this journey.  ^Cuddle^

Love,

Daffodil Xx

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #85 on: 30/09/20, 20:10 »
    Didn't want to chat and run but I'd speak with your consultant,  depending on whether you are going alone for transfer or not they may offer you gas and air or a muscle relaxant especially given your last experience. 

I try meditation and tbh over the last 17 years the world and his wife have had a rummage in my fango so I was pretty relaxed but now i have my polyp and its painful they've given me gas and air in the past and this time I had 2mg of valium, I really pushed for something as the spasms aren't good for implantation.  Some places also use buscopan.  Good luck.

Ikle xxx

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #86 on: 30/09/20, 20:21 »
    Tee hee - gosh yeah - the world and his wife has seen mine too!! 🙈😂😂🤣😂❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Offline Ducky1

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 30/09/20, 21:24 »
    FM86 good luck for tomorrow

Goldrush welcome!

Hope everyone on the 2WW isnít going too crazy symptom spotting!

Daffodil Thanks for thinking of me! It was my official OTD yesterday and I had a strong positive on FRER ❤️ Viability scan has been booked for 2 weeks!

Offline MiaCat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 30/09/20, 21:33 »
    Hi everyone,

I feel like such a doofus when I read all your messages - you're all so wise and knowledgeable and I feel like I have nothing to give (except my love and support of course). Sending my very best wishes to you all through the ether.

I'm on day 12 of downreg. 6 more days until my scan then I can start menopur 450. I'm then not booked in for another scan for 9 days. Is that normal? I thought people got checked every two days when stimming? (See! I know nothing!)
    x

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #89 on: 1/10/20, 07:13 »
     @MiaCat - itís only cos weíve done it five / six times before 🙈 itís good to be a newbie in lots of ways.

From memory with my own eggs they do leave you between scans - but thatís been a while so someone else might remember more

Love and support are the best things! All our bodies / experiences / protocols / consultants are different so all the ďadviceĒ comes with those caveats

Xxxxxx