* Author Topic: Stuck in limbo - please help  (Read 510 times)

0 Members

Offline Frannieleah

• Un-Ranked
modify
Stuck in limbo - please help
« on: 12/09/20, 09:42 »
Hi everyone,

Sorry if this isnít the right thread to be posting but I am desperate for some support in my current situation.   I had a single frozen embryo transfer on 20th August and we got a BFP on 1st September. My viability scan was booked for the 22nd September and all was going well.
On Tuesday I had a sudden bleed which was honestly the most traumatic thing I have experienced to date. The bleed consisted of fresh bright red blood and I also passed 2-3 clots the size of a 20p (very dark red in colour). The bleeding lasted approx a couple of hours then turned to brown blood only when wiping after the toilet. The last couple of days it has been minimal brown discharge on wiping and today itís barley there at all.

Obviously I am assuming the worst and thinking I have lost the baby. My husband and I are stuck in an aweful limbo where we have to wait until next Tuesday for a scan (at 6 weeks). The EPU also didnít want to know and no one can offer a blood test to see if my HCG levels are falling. The last couple of days I have felt more nauseous than normal and donít have an appetite at all.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced anything similar or has any words of wisdom in this period of limbo?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 12/09/20, 11:00 »
    Hi there

I'm so sorry you are in this situation. When you had your bleed did you also get really painful cramps? Its so hard to say whether its a loss or just bleeding, I had very heavy bleeding between 6-10 weeks, each time I thought I was losing the baby but I went on to have a daughter, the bleeding was caused by a blood clot close to the sac. I never had cramps with the bleeding it just came out of the blue. I think you are just going to have to wait it out until your scan I'm afraid, its so stressful but only a few more days.

I really hope all goes well for you at the scan  ^hugme^

Offline Frannieleah

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 12/09/20, 11:45 »
    Arty pants, thank you very much for your reply I really appreciate that.
    I only had some mild discomfort with the bleed like a dull period pain. That settled with some paracetamol.

Whatís concerning me is that the bleeding has now pretty much completely stopped so Iím worried that if I have miscarried, it hasnít all come out yet. I donít want to have to go through anything invasive to clear the rest of the foetal material. Iím also confused that so far I havenít had any more bleeding but that could be the fact that Iím still taking my oestrogen and progesterone as normal.

Thanks again, I will try remember to write an I date after the scan on Tuesday

Offline -x-Lolly-x-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 12/09/20, 14:18 »
    Iím so sorry you find yourself here, it is terrifying I know. I bled at 7+1, a heavy red bleed, through my knickers and onto the bed and floor, I had pains and was also convinced Iíd lost my baby. I had a scan the next day at EPU and to my amazement there was a baby with a heartbeat, and a blood clot on the opposite side of my womb. I spotted for the next 6 days before it stopped and to date hasnít come back, Iím now 28 weeks. So it doesnít mean the worst. And I really really hope all is well. Sending you a massive hug xxx

Offline Frannieleah

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 12/09/20, 14:30 »
    Hi there,

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply and tell me your positive story. Although Iím mostly convinced that I have lost the baby, Iím praying that by some sort of a miracle the baby might still be there.
    Iím so glad to hear you havenít had any further bleeding and wish you all the best in the rest of your pregnancy
    Xxx

Offline Frannieleah

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 15/09/20, 13:27 »
    After having a further bleed with cramps last night I was convinced there was no hope.
    I had a scan this morning at our fertility clinic and to my amazement the baby is there and had a heartbeat and measures on track. I have another scan booked in next week at 7 weeks to double check.
    Happy and relieved but also still terrified of something going wrong.

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #6 on: 15/09/20, 17:12 »
    That is such great news, bleeding doesn't always mean the end, its absolutely horrendous when it happens though. Thank you so much for letting us know the fantastic news, I hope no more bleeding happens and you have a happy and healthy pregnancy x

Offline Frannieleah

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 15/09/20, 17:24 »
    Thank you so much for your kind words - letís hope itís a bit more plain sailing from here 🙏🏾

Offline -x-Lolly-x-

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #8 on: 15/09/20, 22:05 »
    Aww yay!! I came on to check and Iím so delighted with this update  ^hugme^ keep going little bean ❤️

Offline kittykat76

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 16/09/20, 00:12 »
    I had exactly the same thing, a massive bleed just before 6 wks with massive clot and awful cramps,then just brown when wiped, my consultant refused to believe i had lost this baby and i went in for a scan.... he is almost 3 now. Bleeding doesnt always mean the end but for me it was exactly the same as all my losses so I couldnt think it was anything else. Lots of luck with the rest of your pregnancy x