* Author Topic: Over 50's Ladies - Part 4  (Read 38309 times)

0 Members

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
modify
Over 50's Ladies - Part 4
« Reply #290 on: 8/09/20, 23:20 »
@ thereismore I'm 35 weeks now 😱 C-section dates are either 29th Sep or 6th Oct if I can hang on that long!! Feeling full of energy one day, floored the next, and repeat...😁 Consultant very calm and happy with me and bubba - has agreed in theory to a gentle c-section where he helps the baby's head out but then stands back and lets it push its' own way out. I've watch incredible videos and it all seems very peaceful and serene. Of course, it could all go to pot if things don't turn out so relaxed - I'll try not to stress as no ones birth plan ever goes to plan!!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #291 on: 9/09/20, 00:00 »
    @prettybrowneyes I've been 10 years on this journey, 9 rounds of fertility treatment, currently 35 weeks pregnant. 52 years old!!! I've been to many clinics but I'll guvecyou the info for this last clinic where I finally hit the jackpot!!!

Name of clinic - Crown IVF
    Country - Northern Cyprus
    Positivite pregnancy test yes / no - YES!!!
    Live birth yes/no - 3 weeks to go so I'm going to say YES!!!
    Frozen or fresh cycle - Frozen: the clinic recommends frozen cycles as they feel that the emotional, hormonal and physical toll on a woman's body is much less with a frozen cycle, and their success rates for fresh/frozen are equal. I've heard many other clinics are also favouring frozen cycles as they have realised that the woman's body needs time to heal and repair from the huge surge of hormones necessary for stimulation, before transfer/implantation, and their success rates are self-evident.
    Medication - Very low protocol: Clexane (blood thinner), Fematab (oestrogen), Vit D and B, Folic Acid in the lead up to transfer. The dreaded Prednisolone for only 5 days after transfer thank goodness. Prolutex (progesterone), Cyclogest (also progesterone), Clexane after transfer, along with Vit D, Folic & Aspirin.
    Hysteroscopy before treatment - Yes: Crown IVF Clinic insist on this as they feel that most failed implantations are the result of not knowing what shape each woman's uterus is, and we are all completely different shapes!! I have a kink/tilt at the entrance to my uterus and several previous IVFs were traumatic because the various consultants couldn't get the catheter in successfully. At Crown IVF, the catheter slid in beautifully - the one and only time it was successful, and the only time that a clinic had insisted on a hysteroscopy.
    Scratch yes/no - No: had it done for previous unsuccessful IVFs but Crown don't believe that it is beneficial. I was thrilled as it isn't a pleasant experience.
    Any useful tips - Relax. Easier said than done, I know!!! I was so nervous at such a low medicated protocol compared to previous attempts; nervous at a frozen transfer rather than fresh; nervous at travelling to an unknown country/clinic/consultant... When I arrived in Cyprus, I was collected at the airport, transferred to a lovely hotel, collected the next morning and driven to the clinic which was located on the upper floor of a proper medical hospital, driven back to the hotel after the transfer, and to the airport the next day. I had a HUGE delicious buffet dinner the night before the transfer, washed down with a large glass of red wine, and felt totally cared for and listened to throughout the whole experience. The clinic co-ordinator, Jay, answered every one of my ridiculous questions with good grace, and was as thrilled as my closest friends when I told her that I was pregnant. I never felt like a cog in a very expensive fertility wheel as I had at other clinics closer to home. My fear of the unknown never materialised, and I relaxed into an unusual and interesting journey, the result of which is kicking me in the spleen as we speak!!!

Offline Prettybrowneyes

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #292 on: 9/09/20, 07:32 »
    @thereismore
    @latebloom
    Thank you both for responding. -appreciated slot.  @latebloom I can relate to your fertility journal. I no longer count the cost or the number of cycles that I've had in the 15yrs that I've been trying in the UK and abroad. I have never had a positive result from ivf but positive results trying naturally ending in mc. It's amazing to hear the success stories and be reminded that this is achievable and not to give up hope.  ^hugme^
    @latebloom I will checkout Crown . I've not heard of the clinic

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #293 on: 9/09/20, 09:28 »
    @prettybrowneyes Just in case you hadn't scrolled back through my previous posts, I had tried with both my own eggs, and with donor eggs and embryos. My success with Crown IVF was with donor eggs and I still have another 6 embryos on ice in Cyprus. 8 successfully fertilized embryos in total. Crown implanted 2 in January, at at 6 weeks I had a bleed which was probably one embryo not sticking. Luckily the second one did stick!!! Many years ago, I did get pregnant with my own eggs but had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks - I tried many more times with my own eggs. It wasn't an easy decision to switch to using donor eggs, but all the soul-searching and emotional trauma are now long-forgotten as I feel this little life kick inside me. I knew that I would pursue adoption if I couldn't get pregnant myself, and from that decision, I realised that using donor eggs was exactly the same as adopting a child - you simply grow the adopted child inside you!! Hope this helps X

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #294 on: 13/09/20, 13:26 »
    LateBloom - according to the latest research, a mother (an egg recipient) also impacts the development of an embryo created from donor eggs, so using donor eggs is much more than only adopting a baby. Good luck

Offline LateBloom

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #295 on: 15/09/20, 12:04 »
    @miamiamo That's so very true, and thank you for reminding me - I had read some really fascinating reports about how donor embryos take on certain characteristics from their gestational mother...so amazing how that happens!!! I've had such an emotional rollercoaster to get to this point, and firmly believe that no matter how a child comes into your life, they are your child regardless of whether they are genetically linked to you or not. I'm not a religious person, but man do I feel blessed that this little life has chosen me as their mother. We are warrior women, each and every one of us, no matter where we might be on our journey. I wish each and every one of you all the luck in the world 💕

Offline olgakorbut

• Gold Member
    • Please blow me some bubbles for luck!!!
    modify
    « Reply #296 on: 15/09/20, 13:07 »
    HI All, not been on for a while and got an email alert so thought  i would do catch up and it was good to read everyones posts! Such a lot to catch up on really is!!

I havent made any progress with Repromedica, they've not been in touch at all to say they have even opened up though know they have - presume still are, but then again I have not been in touch myself, I guess it works two ways. My concern in my personal situation with my so called hubby which is not good one bit, and I have to have his signature if I go there they have told me, he may still do it knowing that I would like to try one last time with my last 2 embies! 

My other concern is that no matter how reprofit, who have offered to supply meds though Repromedica may want to do this, there is a high chance I could lose these too, that's if they accept me and can sort things as gone through the change, for me!!!  It may never happen anyway. I do want to ask about costs of letting them do all the tests not I have that info, but just scared i could well be wasting my money

the last thing - sorry I am rattling on! Is a very dear friend of mine who is 36 has offered to be a surrogate mother for me, which would be amazing and she is really up for it. i know the Reprofit allow it as my friend went there with someone who is a very very close friend of hers, and it worked and they now have a  10 year old daughter from this.  Not sure if it has to be your eggs and sperm or just one or the other, does anybody know please?? I was thinking of emailing Reprofit and Reprofmedica about this, but if anybody knows someone like me who has had a surrogate and I know they will need loads of tests, but if it works?!??!?! I dont care.  I would just rather spend on something that has a higher chance of working with my high killer cells

any info or thoughts very gratefully received, thanks so much all! Olgaxxxx :-* :-* :-*