* Author Topic: Accidental vigorous exercise!  (Read 554 times)

0 Members

Offline scarletmac

• Un-Ranked
modify
Accidental vigorous exercise!
« on: 14/09/20, 15:59 »
Hi all,

Just looking for some wisdom or reassurance, or otherwise....  I had my 4th embryo transfer 4 days ago (first was successful and is now a wonderful 3.5 yr old, second and third failed) and today while out walking with my son on his bike, he took off down a hill screaming that he couldn't reach the brakes.  I instinctively sprinted after him and caught him before he fell.  Must have been around 20 impact steps of full-on running whch is obviously strictly against advice of clinic.  Feeling very anxious!  While I am reasonably used to running around 3-4 miles before transfer, I haven't run for a few weeks and this was obviously sudden.  Any thoughts please?  Afraid I've done damage but also know sress is not good, so trying hard to settle myself...

Thank you in advance...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Londonwriter

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 14/09/20, 16:34 »
    I just carried on with a full vigorous fitness routine after my FET, inc. Les Mills body pump, Zumba, etc.

I'm writing this with my 7-month-old frost baby on my lap.

I knew it would be okay because I'd already had a miracle natural BFP (now aged four) while running half marathons.

Unless you have some reason to believe mechanical trauma is related to your infertility, you can safely ignore your clinic. They're just covering themselves.

Offline Saltysea

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 14/09/20, 20:30 »
    I totally agree with Londonwriter - there is no evidence that any sort of exercise negatively affects fertility or IVF treatment (unless itís really excessive and results in being underweight). My clinic has never mentioned avoiding it at all and thatís one of the reasons I like and respect them so much. There are so many silly myths that spread via Internet and well-meaning friends and health care workers. If you were trying to get an abortion would you try running 20 steps and think yip, that might do it? Clearly not. If that embryo was a good one it is now a fixed part of your uterus. Good on you for saving the day with your son!

Offline scarletmac

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 14/09/20, 22:49 »
    Thank you sooooo much Londonwriter and Saltysea  :) feelling a huge sense of relief and yes, when I read your thoughts, you're right, it wouldn't cause an abortion  ;D but with all the time, emotion and effort invested, sometimes have a panic reaction.  As humans we have a tednency to default to negative thought rather than positive, so off to change that and not hold ANY doubts from hereon but use only positive thinking   ^reiki^ ^reiki^
    Nice to hear success stories  :) Appreciate you taking the time to asnwer xx

Offline scarletmac

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 14/09/20, 22:53 »
    Seasalty, wishing you the same positive energy for your outcome x