* Author Topic: October 2020 2WW  (Read 2584 times)

0 Members

Offline Fm86

modify
October 2020 2WW
« Reply #10 on: 12/10/20, 17:49 »
Hi Emz,

How are you? Has the brown discharge got any more or less?

I have brown discharge which is now on and off - itís hard not to worry about it.

I did a test on Sunday with clearblue advanced - positive (2-3 weeks - which i thought would show 1-2 weeks). I did email the clinic who said to follow protocol and do again on Thursday only then will they book the viability scan.

With the so many ups and down in these last few years - I feel scared to be positive about it.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Emz17

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    October 2020 2WW
    « Reply #11 on: 12/10/20, 19:26 »
    Hey fm
    I agree it is right to be cautious but still be hopeful as a bfp is still great and definitely a step in the right direction fingers crossed just stay in there 😀😀
    My brown discharge turned into a full red flow so I have given up this round still taking meds and that obviously but hope completely gone I donít know why I always bleed so early I need answers 🙁
    Rest and try be positive
    Emma xx

Offline Emz17

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    October 2020 2WW
    « Reply #12 on: 12/10/20, 19:29 »
    P.s Perhaps because clear blue detects the amount of pregnancy hormone u have. an increased amount due to (twins) may show as 2-3 rather than 1-2 weeks if that makes sense.

Offline Fm86

modify
    October 2020 2WW
    « Reply #13 on: 12/10/20, 21:38 »
    This whole process is such an emotional rollercoaster... rest up and itís so hard to stay positive when your body is doing something you donít want it to do.

I had a friend who literally was bleeding throughout her pregnancy and she had 2 beautiful girls. Just keep eating healthy and rest as much as you can.

How many rounds of IVF have you done so far? Quality of eggs? Sperm? Embryo? Lining? Has it any of it been raised as an issue before?

Offline Emz17

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    October 2020 2WW
    « Reply #14 on: 12/10/20, 22:54 »
    It is awful isnít it i have heard a lot of stories about people bleeding and having bfps but I just donít think Iíll be one of them Iím meditating eating healthy and everything but 99% sure it hasnít worked.
    I think Iím quite a newbie Iíve had 1 fresh ivf cycle got 16 eggs 8 blasts 1 transferred 1 frozen. And this is my frozen cycle. They said my womb is picture perfect my egg quality is good and my husbands sperm is super sperm lol (I have PCOS and one blocked tube). But last time I bled 1dpt with A bfn and this time 5dpt Itís so debilitating isnít it.
    Sorry for the feeling sorry for myself post lol.
    What about you how have your treatments been? And what has your journey been like?
    Emma xx

Offline Fm86

modify
    October 2020 2WW
    « Reply #15 on: 13/10/20, 16:35 »
    Hi Emma,

Iíve been through the mills:

Fresh cycle: 6 blastocysts and frozen. It was stopped because of a suspected hydrosalphinx (damaged tube) - it was only seen once and I was told to have surgery to remove before continuing on as itís a toxic place for an embryo. But subsequent scans didnít show anything so me and hubby decided to continue. (OHSS in this cycle after the drugs and had short stay in hospital)

FET cycle and transferred 2 blastocysts and I got BFN

Dye test - showed tube wasnít completely blocked but was damaged and they did surgery last year to clip/remove one tube

Appointment came in March and filled in paper work and cancelled due to covid

Fresh cycle - 5 fertilised embryos were frozen as OHSS showed up and we had to stop.

FET - started and then stopped as hormone levels were too high and had multiple cysts

FET - started with prostap injection on day 21 of cycle and then after bleed started building up my lining. Transferred 2 of the last cycles embryos which they grew to day 3.

And here I am now!

How is the bleeding? How are you feeling?

Offline Emz17

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    October 2020 2WW
    « Reply #16 on: 13/10/20, 17:54 »
    Wow you really have been through the mill. Bless you I really am routing for you. How are you feeling?

My bleeding is even worse today phoned the clinic and asked to stop the clexane because it was thinning my blood too much also tested early and as suspected bfn which I knew anyway just going through the motions till Thursday really.

See this is the same as me one nurse said she saw a hydrosalpinx once but after numerous other scans it was never seen again and my dye test just showed the tube completely blocked. So we decided to carry on. I shall be asking about maybe removing it or if that is the issue. But it would mean going back to the nhs and the waiting is soo long itís the worst bit for me getting older and waiting lol.
    Emma xx

Offline Fm86

modify
    October 2020 2WW
    « Reply #17 on: 13/10/20, 18:44 »
    Hey Emma,

Itís really hard and Iím really scared to even feel even the tiniest bit hopeful.

I honestly believe the best thing I did was have the tube removed- barts (who Iím doing my IVF cycles with) offered to do the surgery but they were going to take a while. So I went back to my GP and asked to be referred to my local hospital (where I had tried clomid and they tried to investigate my fertility).

They managed to do it 3 months faster then barts, so I opted for them. It takes 2 months to recover from the operation after but I think in the long run it made a difference to this cycle for me.

I did look into getting it clipped/removed privately but was deterred by the prospect of having initial consultation and then having the test by them again.

I was told that having a damaged tube significantly reduces implantation as it is a toxic environment and if by miracle it did implant there is a higher chance of a miscarriage (if I remember correctly).

Maybe this is what is holding it all back....??

Hang in there.

Lots of hugs x

Offline Emz17

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    October 2020 2WW
    « Reply #18 on: 13/10/20, 19:09 »
    Hi fm,
    Aww You havenít got long left now though eek. Even though it must feel like an eternity lol Have you kept testing? Just keep relaxed because if it is a bfp Thursday then you need to be calm for your little bean/beans :)

Yeh I think I am definitely going to ask my clinic about my tubes when I have my follow up consultation with my clinic (Iím with bourne hall) and I donít know if they do it there. I had such a terrible time with nhs two years of investigations before I decided to go private (it was a nightmare) so just afraid to go back there again but then again I defo do not want to go somewhere else and have more tests ahh the rollercoaster continues hehe.

Thank you for the advice it has given me something to think about 😁

Sending hope and hugs
    Emma xx

Offline Fm86

modify
    October 2020 2WW
    « Reply #19 on: 14/10/20, 16:08 »
    Hey, how are you Emz? Has the bleeding subsided?