* Author Topic: Humira  (Read 1085 times)

0 Members

Offline Flossy34

• Gold Member
modify
Humira
« on: 21/10/20, 13:20 »

Hi

I was wondering if anyone had taken humira recently?
Iím a bit nervous given the fact we have the pandemic, but I also know itís an effective medication for me.
Just looking for some reassurance I think!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Laf

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #1 on: 23/10/20, 14:23 »
    Hi there
    Iím reaching out for some help also as humira is the next recommendation for me
    My CD69 absolute count was 3.96 one of the highest the Lister Clinic have ever seen
    Iím doing weekly Intralipids
    Iím on 25mg steroids and plaquenil
    My next step is Humira
    I wanted to know if anyone with levels as high as mine has managed to successfully convince
    Iím 35 and have been 3 years trying
    Havenít tried IVF yet but itís what I want to do next
    Iíve never in all 3 years Concieved
    I had a laparoscopy for Stage 3 endo earlier this year but Iíve a feeling itís back
    Iíve also tried IVIG with TSI
    Iím just looking for success stories with such a high marker

Offline pookiepoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #2 on: 24/10/20, 11:45 »
    Humira worked for me!

Laf - are steroids being prescribed again?

Offline Flossy34

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #3 on: 24/10/20, 16:32 »
    Thanks so much Pany.
    Itís worked for me in the passed too. Iím just anxious about taking it this time for some reason. Sure itíll be fine!

Laf - I have used humira before and it is a very effective treatment if you have endometriosis. Wishing you all the best with your decision.

Offline Laf

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #4 on: 24/10/20, 19:23 »
    Was the humira you used alongside IVF or by itself ?
    Like nothing has worked for me,
    IVIG
    Plaquenil
    Steroids
    Intralipids weekly
    But itís all been with TSI, Iíve given it 3 months
    Iím reluctant to try Humira next month as itís so expensive and I figured Iíd hold off and just do it with IVF
    I wouldnít be remotely worried about using it during the pandemic. My Sister is a GP and she is prescribing humira to three of her patients with arthritis and reassured me it was safe, I just donít know whether to try it with another TSI and take the financial hit or to wait and just go all in with ivf and humira in the new year.
    Were both of your successes with Humira through IVF

Offline Flossy34

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #5 on: 24/10/20, 20:41 »
    Hi Laf,

I actually got pregnant with humira alone. I was due to begin ivf and conceived before we began. Sadly I miscarried first time but when I took the drug again I conceived again. So it probably seems mad that Iím doubting it now. Itís just such a strong drug and I think Iím quite anxious in general at the moment. Sure Iíll calm down soon, and itís great to hear your sister has reassured you about it.
    Could be worth a try maybe if your clinic is suggesting it.

Offline Flossy34

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #6 on: 24/10/20, 20:44 »
    Sorry Laf, just to add Iíd suggest humira is best taken before you begin ivf, in fact I think my clinic only prescribe it before ivf and not during An ivf cycle. Your clinic might be different though.

Offline pookiepoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #7 on: 24/10/20, 20:54 »
    Humira helped me get pregnant naturally and IVF
    The second dose needs to be taken at least 6 weeks before transfer if doing IVF

Laf - is your clinic prescribed steroids ?

Offline Laf

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #8 on: 24/10/20, 21:27 »
    I donít start IVF until Jan so Iím unsure whether to go ahead and administer Humira now to try it for Nov / Dec or if it will be a waste of money, my sister is happy to prescribe it, Iím just reluctant to spend out another few thousand on something to not work without the IVF assistance
    Yes my clinic is back prescribing steroids. Iím in Ireland.

Offline Flossy34

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #9 on: 24/10/20, 22:18 »
    Which Ivf clinic are you with? Maybe see what they recommend? They may want you to start humira now anyway.