* Author Topic: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle  (Read 295154 times)

0 Members

Offline Faithope

• Gold Member
  • miracles happen more than once x
modify
Re: Agate's guide to learning from your failed IVF cycle
« Reply #190 on: 3/11/12, 21:10 »
Agate That's really helpful and I will read through your first page  :) Many thanks for taking the time to reply  ^hugme^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bernie7

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #191 on: 6/11/12, 22:25 »
    Hi Agate

Thank you so much for replying; it really is appreciated.  They were day 3 ETs so hopefully just a co - incidence or possibly excitment for getting the go ahead from the drs after such a long time.

Agate - you really are so kind answering everyones questions.  Thank you.

Offline 2Buttons

• Dreams come true
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #192 on: 12/11/12, 22:35 »
    Wow, just found your thread, awesome! I was wondering if u might have some suggestions for me?

we've had 2 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs (we've used  ICSI and assisted hatching in there too). Its been 4.5yrs and no pregnancies, they can't find any problems with me or DH (I've had HSG and hysteroscopy/laparascopy, basic tests, DH has also had genetic screening). Our problem is that our embryos don't make it to morula stage (i.e. they all slow and fail from Day 4 - we've had Day 3 and 4 ETs). The Dr is inclined to think its a sperm problem that they can't see but he cannot provide any conclusive tests and he recommended we go for Donor Sperm or another ICSI (with culture additives) and afterwards then donor sperm (or perhaps egg but more expensive) if that's an easier transition for us. He said PGS/D, IMSI and the likes of DHEA wouldn't work for us.

we think its too early to give up on a genetic mix baby, particularly as they can't pinpoint the problem, we are going to get a second opinion but what tests/changes would you make? Thank-you in advance for any reply.

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #193 on: 12/11/12, 22:54 »
    Wow, just found your thread, awesome! I was wondering if u might have some suggestions for me?

we've had 2 failed IUIs and 2 failed IVFs (we've used  ICSI and assisted hatching in there too). Its been 4.5yrs and no pregnancies, they can't find any problems with me or DH (I've had HSG and hysteroscopy/laparascopy, basic tests, DH has also had genetic screening). Our problem is that our embryos don't make it to morula stage (i.e. they all slow and fail from Day 4 - we've had Day 3 and 4 ETs). The Dr is inclined to think its a sperm problem that they can't see but he cannot provide any conclusive tests and he recommended we go for Donor Sperm or another ICSI (with culture additives) and afterwards then donor sperm (or perhaps egg but more expensive) if that's an easier transition for us. He said PGS/D, IMSI and the likes of DHEA wouldn't work for us.

we think its too early to give up on a genetic mix baby, particularly as they can't pinpoint the problem, we are going to get a second opinion but what tests/changes would you make? Thank-you in advance for any reply.

Have you seen the self help lists at the start of this thread?

I'd be inclined to think about:

- infection testing and antibiotics (see chlamydia, mycoplasma and ureaplasma in the faq)
    - sperm dna fragmentation testing
    - supplements for sperm quality (see Supplements for men in faq)
    - supplements for egg quality (see lists at start of this thread)

best of luck

x

Offline 2Buttons

• Dreams come true
    • VIP Member Sponsor
    modify
    « Reply #194 on: 13/11/12, 09:24 »
    Hi Agate,

Thanks for the super-fast response, I'm pulling out al the pieces you suggested. Thank-you.

Offline Jillyhen

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #195 on: 28/11/12, 16:48 »
    Agate

I had sent you an email ages ago.. Just wanted to ask you opinion

Ive had 3 cycles of ivf..
    1st cycle i started bleeding before testing
    2nd i got my bfp and then started bleeding 2 days later. 2 embryoys tranferred a grade 2 & 3
    3rd cycle another bfp with a grade 1 blastocyst, again bleeding started 2 days later hcg levels slowly rising then dropped.

Ive had been referred to see a consultant re the miscarriages did all the relevant bloods which came back normal and my hstersalinogram was ok. Amh was 9.7

What are your thought on this?? I was on the suprecur sprays for cycle 1, started on 225 then went up & down 12 8 fertilised. Changed clinics then cycle 2 again on the spray & 225 gonal f,7 eggs collected 5 fertilised only 2 fit to be transferred. whereas cycle 3 i was on the suprefract then 225 gonal..5 eggs collected, 4 fertilised.. day 5 i had a lovely blastocyst and then 2 did make it to blasto but unfortunately couldnt be frozen.

My consultant has put me on 75mg aspirin plus 5mg folic acid.. Thinking about trying me on clomid again to help stimulate my ovaries.

THanks

Jillyhen x

Offline lisasimon1

• Gold Member
    • dream do come true at some point?? = twins
    modify
    « Reply #196 on: 11/12/12, 00:47 »
    hi again me  :(

well I have just had a brief bfp I am 5 weeks today my hug was 103 on Monday my otd 9dp5dt and then 2 days later 183 everything was going well I was told well requested 1 more to the doctors disappointment as he said I didn't need it well today a week after my bfp It has dropped to 18 any ideas as to what had gone wrong ? I have to go for a scan to confirm what I already know  :'( :-\  :'( ^eyes^
    no bleeding no pain just a odd 1 now and again

xx

Offline anney12

modify
    « Reply #197 on: 14/12/12, 20:44 »
    Hi im to this i v resent had failed ivf  and about 5 day in to it i had flu like sytoms. And just wonderinguyen if there is any vitamins i can take for this.not happen next time i start again after xmas
    thank you

Offline Bexter

modify
    « Reply #198 on: 19/12/12, 23:53 »
    Hi Agate

Firstly thank you so so much for all your information here it has been invaluable to us in taking more control over our next steps and making some decisions.  Feel like a light has been switched on!

Would it be ok to ask for some pointers if I post my history - previously we have just put our faith in our clinic - now we have started doing our own research it's brilliant but a bit overwhelming and am just not sure about a few things - any ideas would be great but I wanted to ask before posting (esp with Christmas and your babe nearly here!)  And if ok where shall I post?  Here or new thread?

Thank you
    Bex 
    X

Offline agate

• only answering v short pms.
    • Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #199 on: 20/12/12, 17:55 »
    please start a new thread.  thanks