* Author Topic: Humira  (Read 1229 times)

0 Members

Offline pookiepoo

• Gold Member
modify
Humira
« Reply #10 on: 25/10/20, 07:35 »
My experience;
You can only start IVF once the Humira has worked. Sometimes you need 2X 2 injections and then wait 2 weeks to test in between and that adds up to a couple of months.
It stays in your body for a few weeks after, so you should probably start in November with Humira if you are going ahead with it.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Flossy34

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #11 on: 25/10/20, 09:17 »
    Yes a friend of mine had to wait nine months to begin ivf as she needed lots of immune treatment first.

I have my humira in the fridge staring at me. I just feel so anxious about taking it. Crazy really as Iíve taken it before but looking back at the humira thread I do think lots of ladies feel like this.
    Just need to build up the courage now!

Happy Sunday everyone

Offline pookiepoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #12 on: 25/10/20, 11:07 »
    I think once you have a child you become more careful about your health. I donít know if I can justify putting myself at risk during a pandemic to give my child a sibling. Thatís my dilemma

Offline Flossy34

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #13 on: 25/10/20, 12:04 »
    Pookiepoo thatís it exactly.
    The ridiculous thing is I pushed to have this drug as itís worked so well in the past for me.
    All I see now is the negatives. My little one means everything to me.
    Itís so hard x

Offline pookiepoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #14 on: 25/10/20, 14:24 »
    Your only 36. You have time. Are you trying naturally?

I have frozen embryos, but still feel like Iím running out of time. Thereís only so old I can be when pregnant.

Offline Flossy34

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #15 on: 25/10/20, 18:25 »
    Iím 41 now, Iíve not updated my sign off thing for ages. I conceived naturally while on humira twice. Iíve never been pregnant before taking humira either with ivf or without. Humira is what seems to help. Just scared to take it for various reasons.

Offline pookiepoo

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #16 on: 25/10/20, 19:18 »
    I also conceived naturally with Humira. We were planning FET after I had my daughter and boom, pregnant after two shots of Humira. MC unfortunately.

We did Humira again and went through with FET. BFN.

Now I donít know if we should just try once without any immune and see what happens....my first IVF pregnancy was without immune. I had to terminate because of a virus complication, but I had not miscarried !!!

Offline Vnt

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #17 on: 13/01/21, 03:25 »
    Can I please ask has anyone ever been prescribed Humira and hydoxycloroquine at the same time ? Did you end up taking the humira ? I similarly have it in the fridge and wondering if I should take it. It expires this month

Offline kittykat76

• Gold Member
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #18 on: 13/01/21, 13:30 »
    Hi, i took both at same time in my successful cycle with my son, i started the hydroxy 2 months before transfer  and tha was the month before

Offline Vnt

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Humira
    « Reply #19 on: 13/01/21, 23:59 »
    Thank you so much for letting me know - Iíve taken it!