* Author Topic: November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 5546 times)

0 Members

Offline Sharry

• Saviour of the Volunteer Team's Combined Sanities
  • Volunteer
modify
November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies
« on: 21/10/20, 14:09 »
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in November  / December   2020

Please read the FAQ here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^ 

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

Name    Treatment       Stimming        EC           ET      Test Date    Outcome

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know  :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 23/10/20, 07:48 »
    Hey is there anyone here?

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 23/10/20, 09:25 »
    Iím sort of here. I sort of straddle the October and November groups but havenít been posting in the October one because I would have been so late joining it. I started stimming Thursday last week. The hope is egg collection next week and (assuming I get that far) Iíll be testing/2wwíing in November.

I had a scan Tuesday and my next one is today. On Tuesday I had six promising looking follicles. Iím shattered and achey but fortunately am now on annual leave the next two weeks.

Background: i have pcos and do not ovulate. I had donor medicated iui in February- got pregnant, told Iíd miscarried. This was incorrect, it was an ectopic that was missed on scanning. It ruptured at a little over 8 weeks. Lost a tube and advised by the fertility team that ivf is best now. So here I go. I want to start a family so much but Iím also terrified of the whole thing.

Are you cycling fyfey?

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 24/10/20, 10:49 »
    Hey Tickety, I feel like Iíve seen your name previously.... but then I wasnít around in February time during your IUI. Iím so sorry to hear about your last pregnancy... how awful! How can it have been missed? How likely is that to happen? So many questions eh?   

How did your scan go yesterday? Your a bit ahead of me, I wonít be at EC/ET stage until December. Iím just about to start down reg with the spray.

Background here:
    6 months of clomid years ago
    2 IUI 
    OHSS during first round of IVF in 2014, stopped for 2/3 month.
    June/July 2014 went again and got to EC/ET... had two top grade 5 day blasts, transferred one and now have a 5 year old.
    Nov/Dec 2019 done a FET with the frostie, failed.
    So now going for self funded IVF again with the hope of a sibling....

So although Iíve been here before, I really struggle to remember the process/time scale of it all. Maybe you can help? How long did you down Reg for? How long you been stimming?

I think with my successful IVF 6 years ago, I injected to down reg.... but this time Iím on spray. I used spray last year for the FET and it seemed to work fine, however I keep thinking that I got a positive outcome with the first IVF and not the FET... although itís probably nothing to do with how I down reg, just the way my mind works!!!

Where are you located? Are you cycling in this country or travelling?

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #4 on: 24/10/20, 22:34 »
    Ah I suspect we know each other (cuz I recognise your name too) from the November/December 2019 group. I had a cancelled cycle in December 2019 because my lining was super thick at my baseline scan.

Oh god - how wrong everything went with my first pregnancy is still something I donít understand. The week before it ruptured Iíd been to EPAU and said ďI think I have an ectopic pregnancyĒ and they scanned me and told me I was wrong. I asked for serial hcgís and was told no because as far as they were concerned it was a completed miscarriage. I think they thought I was crazy. They certainly convinced me that I was crazy. So a week later when it ruptured it was just awful. I was rushed  to theatre and lord know a very clever surgeon saved my life but I still canít believe we found ourselves in that position. It was a mess. Should I ever get pregnant again I will be asking to use a different hospital.

My scan was good. She thinks Iíve got 10 follicles that look promising size wise - the others are all a bit small. My next scan is Monday and hopefully theyíll be cooked then because I run out of medication Monday!

Iím on an antagonist protocol and I didnít down reg. i just did three northisterone induced cycles in the run up to my treatment cycle to keep on top of my lining then they scanned me day 2 of this cycle  and I started stimming day 3. I believe itís because I have pcos and basically donít ovulate at all and have an AMH of 85 so am at high risk of OHSS. An antagonist protocol means they can use a different trigger if I do develop OHSS (but at least so far I havenít).

So far Iíve been stimming 10 days, my clinic tell me 12 is average.

Iím based in the Midlands and Iím having treatment in the uk. Iím self funding too. Where are you based/having treatment?

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #5 on: 25/10/20, 15:12 »
    Ahh thatíll be it then, knew I recognised the name! Yup will defo be from Nov/Dec 19 group.... see Iíve had previous problems with thick lining, I think thatís part of my problem... My AF lasts about a day!! I always feel like I need a proper bleed, if that makes sense?

Aww no itís like youíve been failed by the EPAU! How awful... I was just thinking as I was reading your message Ďwill that be where you go back to when you get pregnant?í  However you then went on to say that you would be asking for a different hospital! Is your other hospital far from you?

So are you hoping you can trigger on Monday night and go for EC on Wednesday? Will you be doing a 5 day blast?
    So Monday will be 12 days of stims? I might need to pull out all my paperwork from last time and see if Iíve kept a note of dates etc. Iím a bit of a control freak and love to know when appointments might be etc

Ahhh see itís all so confusing these different protocols etc, Iíve always been on a long protocol however last time I started DR on CD 2 and this time Iíve to wait until CD 21, not sure what the difference is?

Iím in Scotland, the clinic is around 40 min drive away, so not bad at all (compared to some people going through Assisted Conception). I work fairly close to the hospital as well which is handy.

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 26/10/20, 09:44 »
    Haha,

Well this made my day, fancy seeing you both here! Crikey, we do put ourselves through it don't we?

Well, differing approach for me this time, we're doing some freeze cycles, then down regging for a couple of months before doing transfers. I'll be starting stims the end of November, going for collection around the 7th, providing covid doesn't spanner it as we cycle in Greece.

AFM - Long fertility history, 10 pregnancies 4 births (ex husband) all except one needing some help, clomid etc.

IVF - TTC this one for coming up 7 years or there abouts. 4 rounds of IVF - 1 BFN, 2 BFP - septic m/c at 8 weeks, 3 BFN (crappest round ever), 4 BFP - M/C at 7 weeks 5 days then sepsis 4 days later. Such a joy!

Adeno, Endo, PCOS, adhesions, possible fibroids - adeno so far advanced MRI had some high frequency spots of adenomyomas too.

Had PRP done in September, will see if it makes a difference in the next cycle - I'll be 44 a couple of days after egg collection. Hormone profile is still fine, would just like a bit more quality for a few extra blasts!

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 26/10/20, 18:37 »
    Blodyn - welcome back. Itís strange seeing another familiar name. Comforting in some ways but itís also not exactly a band you ever hope to see back together given the circumstances. I wish you luck. Just looked up prp - that sounds interesting.

Fyfey- That does make sense. I have quite long/heavy periods, but theyíre also infrequent and irregular. So I went about 70 Days without a bleed before my December 2019 cycle And essentially thatís why it was so thick.

You said last time you started DR on CD 2 and this time youíre waiting until CD21. Have you asked your clinic why the difference? It would be interesting to know because that SEEMS quite a difference, but Iím afraid I wouldnít know why that might be myself.

Google says itís 43 mins to the other hospital (vs 25mins to the local one). Friends tell that they were given a choice at their booking appointment with the midwife. Most go with the local but I do have friends that have travelled further for various logistical reasons and they seem to have had positive experiences. In terms of the trust issues I now have with the local hospital I think travelling would be the right decision for me.

The scan today went well I think, good number of follicles, but she says my ovaries are starting to look quite polycystic. Iíve been using ovaleap pm and fyramadel am.The plan is for me to have a small dose of meriofert tonight, fyramadel tomorrow, then trigger tomorrow night with a plan to do egg collection Thursday. Also because my left ovary is really high and this might cause access problems I have to take picolax Wednesday in the hope that this allows my ovary to drop. If it doesnít they might not be able to access this side at all so fingers crossed on this issue, although clearly Iím not delighted to have to take picolax!

They say theyíll call me the day after egg collection and should then be able to tell me if itís looking like a day 3 or 5 transfer. I think they aim for day 5.

Iím shattered - dinner and an early night.

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 26/10/20, 20:53 »
    Aww Blodyn, lovely to see you around AGAIN! Well it is, but as Tickety says its not the kind of reunion you'd want eh?
    Fingers and toes crossed for some more positive outcomes from us three this time!!

I will be stimming around the same time as you Blodyn, which will be lovely! I forgot your clinic was in Greece! I remember asking you lots about it the last time!

Oh PRP, I will give that a google as well i think. I felt quite stressed over the weekend, over thinking everything! Feeling a bit better today though, I need to learn to let go of stuff i can't control!!

Tickety, How are you feeling about the imminent EC? I remember taking the trigger shot the last time and being so excited!! What is picolax? I think this might be something else i have to google!! Soounds like you have a good amount of follicles there and there could be a good harvest coming. Take care lovely and try to relax as much as you can given the circumstances!!

As for the differnce between CD 2 and CD 21, Im not entirely sure if im honest. I used to think it was the difference between short and long, but no its not because you are still down regging from either CD 2 or CD 21. Maybe Blodyn will be able to answer this? I guess CD 2, might just give you longer time to DR?

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 26/10/20, 22:07 »
    It is, isn't it. I've heard it said to be the most supportive club no-one wants to have to be part of. I agree, as sad as it is 12 months on we're still here, it is really nice to have some familiarity, especially with everything else going on at the moment.

Ovarian PRP in theory wasn't needed - but i'm an ideal candidate as I'm still getting a fair few eggs, still getting pregnant (although not staying it) and my hormones are good. I went to Invicta in Poland for it a massive 6 day trip, we drove over had a hysteroscopy in one clinic on the Wednesday and PRP on the Thursday at Invicta, then drove home. Not something i'd recommend but it was just as they started to close travel corridors at the last minute so we had to wait until Thursday evening before we knew we'd still be allowed to travel, then book the tunnel back for the Friday morning in case they'd introduce quarantine on the Saturday morning.

Fyfey Long protocol varies depending on what they're dealing with. If your hormones are a little older they'll look at a shorter down reg to make sure your body bounces back, or if you're older still, no down reg. Short protocol starts with no down reg and stims on day 2-3 of your cycle. Have a look or a fertility massage therapist somewhere near by, it'll be the best £60 you've spent on yourself in years. It really does bring you calmly back down to reality and acknowledges why we have our struggles through the cycle - even though we willingly put ourselves through it.

Tickety, have you never been diagnosed with PCOS before, and are they not having you on metformin etc to help regulate your periods - very old school but it does the trick. I had a dreadful time with my local hospital last year, this year they had the same @#/? up but fortunately I recognised the symptoms. You lose faith in your clinicians - totally understand the need to go to another hospital for your own emotional wellbeing. You have to do what you need to do, this journey is hard enough.