* Author Topic: November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 5768 times)

0 Members

Offline mouse80

• Un-Ranked
modify
November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #10 on: 27/10/20, 18:06 »
Hi all,

Hope itís ok to join this group. Iím about to start a FET cycle in Nov. I have posted a bit in the low AMH and high FSH group and that fits with my fertility diagnosis.

A bit about my history

1 previous birth in 2017. Pregnancy was natural and had no issues.

Been TTC for 2 years with not a sniff of  BFP. Have had 6 fresh cycles at the lister which has resulted in 3 blasts. Many were cancelled just before egg collection due to poor response. Just had a bfn from a double transfer and we will now use our only frostie before doing another fresh in Dec if needed.

Would be great to share this journey as itís flippin lonely doing ivf!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 27/10/20, 21:41 »
    Hi mouse - welcome. It does feel a lonely journey doesnít it, but these boards are really supportive.

Gosh blodyn your trip to Poland sounds quite stressful. I have to go to wales for my treatment and frankly given their lockdown thatís stressful enough! Iím assured Iím allowed in for medical treatment and the clinic have given me a letter to show to any police that stop us.

Fyfey, Iím glad youíre feeling less stressed now. I think the most difficult thing about this road is knowing you canít control it. You give up your body and allow doctors to make decisions about what happens, knowing there isnít always a right answer - just what in their experience is likely to work our best. Naturally Iím one of lifeís control freaks but I feel like I sort of sleepwalk through my treatment cycles because thereís not a single decision that feels like itís mine to make. It makes me uncharacteristically passive.

Iím feeling excited and nervous for egg collection. Iím obviously not looking forward to the actual procedure but I guess I want to know the outcome of all these injections.

Tomorrow is what would have been my due date. I knew  going in to this that my due date was going to fall around egg collection but sort of decided that Iíd rather be doing SOMETHING positive therefore agreed to it when my clinic gave me these dates. Feeling really sad tonight. Itís weird because of course as sympathetic and supportive as my friends/family are I know none of them will be waking up knowing what the date is.

Yea they know Iíve got pcos, itís just that until Monday the ovaries werenít looking particularly polycystic, then they seemed to sort of hulk out between Friday and Monday. Iíve been on metformin since June 2019 but honestly itís not regulated my periods at all. I had three regular cycles in a row when I first started it but since then itís been back to my irregular cycles.

Picolax is a laxative. Iím not remotely constipated but their theory is that if they empty out the bowel my ovary might drop and then theyíll be able to get to it. Seems a long shot to me but obviously Iím going to do whatever I can to help them get to it. Would be a real shame to not be able to access those follicles as thereís a good number on the left.

My trigger is in a hour. Iím exhausted- proper late night for me these days!

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 28/10/20, 11:51 »
    Hey mouse, welcome to the thread. You'll love these once they get going, and as you can tell, it becomes incredibly supportive.

Tickety, are you cycling with CRGW? I could never get my BMI to stick at 35 so it's always been a no go for us, i get to about 37 then face plant into a Chinese or chocolate cake. My right ovary can be accessed transabdominaly, well it has been on the one time it performed and had a couple of follicles on it, could they try that way? Are you also on a therapeutic dose of metformin, most of those on it i've come across in the last few years are on like 500mg.

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #13 on: 28/10/20, 15:21 »
    Yea CRGW. Honestly Iíve gained weight over the last 3 weeks of treatment and I suspect my BMI is no longer under 35, but I figure they canít abandon me at this stage can they?!

Iím on metformin 1500mg a day (500mg three times a day) - so a pretty decent dose.

They havenít mentioned being able to go transabdominally. Iíll ask them when Iím there but Iím guessing not given itís tomorrow I go. Itís not something I even knew was done until this morning when I was frantically googling unilateral oocyte collection vs bilateral collection. It seems that statistically you end up with less eggs (which seems obvious) but not necessarily less pregnancies. Who knows, Iím in their hands.

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 28/10/20, 22:10 »
    Can I join you all? Iím currently taking progynova looking to scan on 5th nov with transfer for 12th nov

Hope you are all well x

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 29/10/20, 18:14 »
    Tickety, how did you get on? Hope you're not too sore? Are you continuing the metformin post trasnfer?

Jen, welcome to the thread, first cycle of IVF?

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 29/10/20, 19:59 »
    Hi Blodyn76 - i feel like I'm a veteran on these boards this is our 5th cycle, 2 fresh, 2 frozen so far. Our last Fresh cycle around a year ago ended in miscarriage so we are hoping for a better outcome this time round.

Tickety - Ive put on a few pounds so like you my BMI is no longer below 35. My clinic always weigh me once at the start of a cycle and then no more as thedrugs/meds can cause such awful weight gain.

Mouse80 - Welcome! The world of IVF can be very lonely.

AFM - All going good here, getting excited about my scan next week to check my lining.

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 29/10/20, 21:56 »
    Ha, Jen, I'm so sorry I totally didn't see your signature! We may have cycled at the same time in August last year, though may have been on alternative threads, I stimmed July  tested August. We're about to embark on our 5th cycle too. Never thought we'd still be here for round 5.

Afm.... my clinics city has just announced lock down from tomorrow. We would be travelling in 5 weeks. Woops!

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 30/10/20, 10:59 »
    Good Morning Everyone, Hope you're all well.... well as can be anyway!

Welcome Mouse to the group, is this your first FET? I done a FET a last December, which was BFN! So back to a fresh cycle this year, it should have been around June/July time, however covid put stop to that!!

Welcome Jen also, how are you doing? Not long until your transfer now! Exciting stuff eh? How are you feeling about it? Is this a FET also?

Where are you both your clinics, Jen and Mouse?

Aww no Blodyn, lockdown!! So you wont be able to travel? is that right? How awful!!!!

AFM - Im just cruising along, nothing much to report. I really need to take more care of my diet as well, I was so good a few years back when i done my NHS round, I had my BMI down to 28 ish, im now up around 32/33!! it actually makes me feel sick the difference!!

Take care everyone x

How did the EC go Tickety?

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #19 on: 30/10/20, 12:21 »
    Hi to everyone, hope youíre all well.

Jen - hello and welcome, you were right. They didnít weigh me yesterday. So thatís something. When are you having transfer/aiming for transfer?

Blodyn - have they said how long long the lockdown will be for? How disappointing. Are you allowed to travel for medical purposes?

Good things and bad from egg collection. They were unable to access my left ovary at all so they collected 7 eggs but all from the right side. I have to go for a scan Monday to check my left ovary has calmed down as apparently there were a fair few follicles on that side. If it hasnít then they will freeze everything and hope to transfer next month. The embryologist called today and of the 7, 5 were mature and 4 have fertilised normally. Theyíre aiming for a day 5 transfer on Tuesday. So Iíve everything crossed.

Today Iím very sore. Iím slightly in awe of how some of you have done this multiple times. My pelvis feels like itís had a good kicking. I still feel sick and sleepy and my neck and left shoulder hurts because I slept with too many pillows last night (because I couldnít lie flat). Obviously Iíve had 2 x laparoscopies before (once for ectopic and once before all this started) so Iím no stranger to pelvic pain but I guess I wasnít expecting to feel THIS bad.

I didnít do well with sedation either. Pretty out of it all day yesterday - apart from when I was vomiting which I did a lot of (indeed all over the passenger seat of the car). I need to decide what I want to do for transfer. On the one hand I find speculums INTENSELY painful. When I had my hysteroscopy they first tried with a speculum but because of the level of discomfort I was in they switched to using water to keep my vagina open. The hysteroscopy itself was absolutely a manageable discomfort and once they werenít using a speculum I was fine, but the speculum makes me cry with pain. So I was thinking to have sedation for transfer. BUT I was so poorly after sedation yesterday that I sort of feel trapped between a rock and hard place. Do I cry through the embryo transfer (as I did for my iui) or do I spend 24 hours vomiting? Currently Iím leaning towards no sedation. How long does embryo transfer tend to take? And by that I mean the part where theyíre physically doing it rather than all the ID checks, getting on to the bed etc stuff. Iíve got a call later with one of the nurses because I said I was feeling rough when we spoke earlier and sheís calling back to see how Iím managing so Iíll talk it through with her a bit too.