* Author Topic: November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 10639 times)

0 Members

Offline mouse80

modify
November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #20 on: 30/10/20, 14:42 »
Fyfey Iím cycling at the Lister. Yes this is my first and only FET we have barely gotten any eggs despite doing 6 fresh cycles due to my low reserve. Am not feeling massively hopeful for this one but I know there is still a chance. If this doesnít work I will likely do one more fresh before Xmas and then push for some other investigations in the new year.

Blodyn Iím so sorry to hear about Covid and travel plans. Itís stressful enough as it is without all this going on. Is it just a case of waiting till things calm down again?

Tickety-boo Iím sorry to hear you had such a painful experience. That doesnít sound right at all that you are feeling so unwell after EC. I hope the call with the clinic was helpful.

Hope everyone else doing ok.

ATM just had first scan for FET all good and guessing I wonít be back to the clinic for at least a week which will be such a luxury after back to back fresh cycles where Iíve been commuting 2 hours each way to the clinic.

For those of you talking about BMI, I also struggle with this and my consultant has said I need to try and get it down to improve my chances. Itís around 30 I think. Itís hard with winter. I tend to choose pizza and wine over a run in the wet and cold!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fyfey

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 30/10/20, 19:56 »
    Evening All,

Tickety.... Im glad that EC is over for you... how awful that youve felt so rough after the EC, do you usually react badly to any type of sedation?? do you think that you are experiencing the pain and discomfort because they were trying to access the hidden ovary??
    I can honestly say that i wasnt feeling that bad after my EC, yes a little crampy, but nothing too much!!

I would honestly try and do the transfer without sedation... they get you on the bed, legs in stirrups, clean you up and then insert the speculum quickly followed by the catheter.... they get the embie in straight away and then its all out again.... you are probably talking about a matter of a few minutes. Once the speculum is in they get the catheter sorted with the embie pretty quickly and job done! :)

Mouse - oh yeah you did say it was the Lister on a previous post, i remember now!  Oh so when will you know when your next  scan is??

Aww it seems we all are struggling with our BMI this time round..... I really need to be working hard the next few weeks...cause lets face it, if i get pregnant with a higher BMI, Im only going to get even bigger and i defo wont be happy about that! I put on 3 stone with my first pregnancy.... however Im alreaedy half way to the weight i was when i was full term the last time!! Aww that really makes me feel awful when i type that and think about it properly!!

Aww well, im waiting on my chinese coming and will worry tomorrow! See thats my problem, right there!! haha

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 31/10/20, 15:12 »
    Well Iím feeling more comfortable today. Not pain free by any stretch of the imagination, but better than I was. The theory is that itís part them trying to access the left and also part that basically that side was going to ovulate all those eggs which will have been painful. Either way, Iím walking around better and (according to my family) looking better.

I never do well with anaesthetics. Iíve had two in my adult life and both times vomited and took AGES to wake up. Ultimately I feel I needed longer than the clinic gave me to recover. Thatís not a criticism of them, I think I just donít do well with these types of drugs and I think they gave me a couple of hours (not completely sure as I hadnít a clue what was going on around me). What I took from the situation is that if I do ever have to go through egg collection again Iíll either need a clinic thatís closer (although Iíve looked online and the closest clinic to me is 90 mins and the one I use is only 1hr45) or Iíll need to pay for a local air bnb, and recover there.

Thanks Fyfey, thatís helpful information.
    So Iíve decided no sedation for embryo transfer. Itíll be awful but it will be over quickly rather than the sedation making me feel like crap for a couple of days. Iíve heard it said you can do anything for 10 seconds so Iím going to take it in 10 second blocks of time.

Started the cyclogest last night. Iím using 4 daily, what a delight!

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 1/11/20, 21:58 »
    Fyfey - Im terrified about transfer but trying to remain positive. I know after what happened on our last round whatever the outcome this will be our toughest yet but somehow you keep going dont you. Driven by that want for a baby.

Tickety - All being well on Thursday 5th's scan im scheduled for transfer the week after on the 12th. Tbh the worst part of the transfer is getting your partially filled bladder right. On the last transfer mine was a bit fuller than usual and there was an hour delay. When they inserted the speculum u was convinced i was going to whizz all over the consultant. Good luck with the cyclogest, its a joy hahah. Pleased you are feeling better.

Mouse - They say that Frozen cycles can be less stressful for the body as they can get the womb lining etc exactly right so fingers crossed this one is the one for you. Remember it only takes one.

Blodyn - I dont think the signatures display on phones - so dont worry. I transferred late Aug (dad's birthday) and tested Sept so was probably on the thread after you. Will the lockdown affect you traveling? Where are you traveling from and too?

How is everyone feeling about the lockdown, Boris announced yesterday he is hoping that treatments can still proceed. I feel like we are so close.
    The drugs are definitely messing with my hormones and ive been so weepy this week/weekend. Its been a tough and lonely week.

Offline catherine12

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #24 on: 2/11/20, 14:48 »
    Just to say I was always terrified of transfers and my last one went and got diazepam from doctor 5 mg of that was great so much better. I definitely recommend it. Doc gave me 10 but 5 was enough and you arenít asleep just very relaxed.

Offline Lovelypup

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 2/11/20, 15:15 »
    Hello, please can injoin this thread? I had an FET today and feeling a bit like I need friends who know how I feel. The FET was painless but was disappointed because the first embryo didn't thaw so they had to use the next one which wasn't as good quality. It was a 2BB and I spoke the the embryologist and she said its not great but not terrible but I cant help feeling a bit downhearted and I don't know how I'm going to manage a 2ww! Do you think it will work with a 2BB? Don't know whether to think positive and get excited or assume the worst and not be so disappointed.

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 2/11/20, 16:01 »
    Lovelypup, welcome to the thread and the hell of the 2WW. 2BB blasts are still putting out some babies, i'd be happy with that, and if it went through the freeze and thaw better than the quality above it, then it surely is made of stern studd. ;)

Catherine, welcome to the thread, how are you getting on with your cycle?

Tickety, glad you're feeling better, have they offered you an IUI or allow you to try naturally with the eggs on the right, or does the tupe not link up there? Fingers crossed all 4 are still in play for tomorrow.

Jen HFEA have updated, fortunately no cancellations of cycles this time! What date is your lining scan?

Mouse 6 fresh cycles is brutal, that said, i'm looking at that, but with frozen transfers for round 5 and 6, round 6 will be a tandem cycle for cost saving where both i and donor stim at the same time. Husband has surgical extraction and so little in there that for donor eggs, he'd need to go back for a 7th procedure.

Fyfey We compromise on Chinese food - it's a bit of a houseful here so i'll boil the brown rice while someone goes to collect (no such thing as delivery in these mountains), I'll also pop on some extra home made chicken nuggats for myself to go with the sweet and sour. I massively fail on the chow mein though.

AFM, well, it seems my clinic can continue cycles and are doing so, England have deemed work as the only justification as essential travel abroad etc, so i've emailed absolutely everyone regarding traveling abroad for medical reasons and possible exemptions from isolating upon return, my logic is if people can travel abroad for work and if people can travel here for medical treatment all without committing to the 14 day isolation, should we not get the same guidance too?  We're going to be just as, if nor more isolated abroad as we won't be working, and most of all, we'll be doing all we can not to impact our potential outcomes or risk not being able to complete the cycle. I've had a reply from my MP and fertility network saying travel to Greece is fine, but they've not been able to confirm any isolation protocols on return should Greece end up coming off the travel corridors.

Offline catherine12

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 2/11/20, 21:23 »
    Sorry, I am finished doing ivf after 13 cycles and no luck but sometimes still look at threads here and like to see what others do after OE fails. Have discussed DE with OH but we are so unsure over it, main issue for me is my age now 45 and would be 46 before we could get it all sorted out and for me 47 having a baby would be too old as I know how much work it is. For my OH it is the whole genetic issue and age. I really admire others On here who Keep keeping and know what they want, me too much of a doubting Thomas weighting up every angle!

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 3/11/20, 20:11 »
    Hi Catherine, I know exactly what you mean. I'm 44 next month, I've got to bank embryos, then 3 month down reg before transfer, then for each failed transfer i've to down reg again and so on.  I've picked on a clinic abroad for a tandem cycle for the one directly after this, that way i'll have embryos of my own in my current clinic, and in another clinic my own eggs and hubbys sperm and donor egg and husbands sperm embryos, should i actually get my head around it, i'll be ready. I get that i'm a couple of years younger than you, but thats where my heads placed at the moment. I keep questioning the impact on the child as it gets older, but i keep thinking that we're a massively blended family anyway and on and on the circle goes.

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 4/11/20, 10:37 »
    Hi guys

Thanks for all your kind advice on transfers, I wonít have sedation when it comes but it turns out this will be something for the future.

Iíve been missing a while because things unravelled a bit. I ended up admitted to hospital with severe OHSS. My ovaries are measuring at 13cm and 12cm. I have fluid in my pelvis and around one of my lungs.

In terms of the embryos I ended up with 2 top grade embryos, one stopped growing and one was really slow. So I have two in the freezer that I can transfer when I recover - likely next year given the proximity of Christmas and how long itís going to take for me to recover.

I feel as if every time I try to become a mum I end up in hospital with gynaecologists giving me worried faces. I will pull myself together at some point, but right now Iím in physical pain, I feel sick, breathless, and frankly I also feel defeated.

Good luck to all of you moving forward, these boards are such a supportive place. Blodyn I really hope they sort out the travel/isolation requirements for you.