* Author Topic: November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 10644 times)

0 Members

Offline Lovelypup

modify
November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #30 on: 4/11/20, 19:24 »
Oh no Tickety that sounds terrible. You poor poor thing. Horrible thing to go through. I hope you are on the mend now and getting plenty of r and r. I'd be feeling pretty sorry for myself if I was you. But you must also feel very proud and happy that despite all the medical issues you managed to get two good quality embryos 😁😁👍👍 take care of yourself, stay cosy, get lots of snacks and watch some great comedies. The hard part is over

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mmc224

modify
    « Reply #31 on: 4/11/20, 19:32 »
    Hi there, can I join please?  I'm hoping to have a FET in December. I'm 43, and am having donor egg IVF due to losing both tubes and an ovary to ectopic pregnancy and endometrial growths, and the remaining ovary being inaccessible for egg collection due to past surgeries.   We are lucky enough to have a little girl from our first fresh transfer and hoping to give her a sibling.  Our clinic is in Prague, which is currently in lockdown til late November, but they assure me travel is permitted for medical reasons and will provide a letter for travel and to confirm we are allowed to book accommodation.  Really hoping it goes ahead but will depend partly on how travel is from the UK.

Online mouse80

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 5/11/20, 09:56 »
    Hi everyone.

Sorry for the lack of personals but just a quick one to say hope youíre recovering ok Tickety-boo. Sounds like youíve had a tough time of it.

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 5/11/20, 15:19 »

Lovelypup - Welcome to the group, my embryologists dont even tell me the grade. i know lots of ladies who have become pregnant from their last/lower grade embryos so don't count yourself out. It survived the thaw so fingers crossed it is nuzzling in nice and snug. When is your OTD, will you be tempted to test early?

Catherine - 13 cycles, what a warrior you are. I think its natural to have doubts, IVF takes such a toll on us mentally, emotionally, financially and physically I think we all overthink and cover every angle to protect our hearts.

Tickety - Oh my goodness, make sure you have plenty of rest and give yourself time to heal. I often feel that way that every-time we conquer one obstacle, another seems to appear in its place. Perseverance is the key and i hope that once you are recovered and raring to go again it will be worth all the pain and heartache we feel in the moment.

Mmc224 - Welcome to the group :) Its such an uncertain time at the moment, but this lockdown does seem different in that they seem to be trying to keep treatments going and some sense of normality. Hopefully things become clearer over the next couple of weeks and you can travel to Prague and have treatment as planned.

Blodyn - When are you due to travel/have transfer, fingers crossed that everything can go ahead as planned.

AFM - Lining scan was fine, so right on schedule im booked for transfer next week. Im just so grateful treatments are even going ahead at this stage. Lets hope we all have something nice to celebrate for xmas :)

Once more into the lions den we go!!!

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 5/11/20, 18:09 »
    Jeeze Tickety, you are having a run through it, how high were your stims? My ovaries were huge after my second round (they'd only slightly increased the stims, but i'd got pg so symptoms increased) Hope you've loads of electrolyte drinks and lots of protein on the go? 2 top grade embies is good going from one ovary!

MMC, welcome to the thread, cycling abroad right now just adds to the drama doesn't it? Jeeze.

Jen, have you ever had a fertility massage? Seriosuly, give it a go before transfer, you'll be totally zenned out! :)

AFM Well, Greece is in full lockdown, I'd be travelling a month today so it's not looking promising. I've contacted a couple of clinics to test the water of potentially cycling with them next month. We've got a back up with Hewitt, but it will be next year before i'm with them. I'm still waiting on come backs from assembly members as to if we need to quarantine on return. Why does the UK have to cost so bloody much for IVF, seriously. We wouldn't be so restricted otherwise! Grrrr.

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    « Reply #35 on: 5/11/20, 18:45 »
    Hello everyone ☺️

I am wondering if you wouldnít mind that I join please?

I am doing my FET now (was cancelled due to covid in March) I will be using my last two embryos andy clinic is GRI Glasgow.

I had my prostap 13th October

Light bleed on 28th October and my lining scan was on the 29th October, at that scan all was good to start my meds. So on the 29th i started 6mg daily progynova and on Saturday i start buserelin nasal spray. I have my scan on Tuesday 10th November at 5pm see where my linin is at lol.

Last 2,days tho i have felt like poop. Overthinking things and just generally emotional and sad constantly so trying to distract myself. Anyone else on progynova get the same ? Last time i had very few symptoms this time its hit me like a ton of bricks :(

Anyway good luck every one

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #36 on: 5/11/20, 19:34 »
    Tickety: sorry to hear about your ruptured ectopic pregnancy x i had one in 2011 amd lost both tubes due tp thr amount of blodd loss mainly. Good luck with ur cycle 😊

Fyfey: good luck with your cycle xx 😘

Bloodyn: good luck with the freeze all and eventual transfers x

Mouse: good luck with ur cycle x

Jen: im like u doing a cycle now as mine was cancelled due to covid. good luck x

Lovely pup: good luck with your cycle :)

Mmc: aww congratulations on the birth of DD1 with lockdown:) good luck with this cycle x have we been on the same cycle together before? Your name is familiar lol x

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 5/11/20, 19:53 »
    Blodyn - Oh no, this year just sucks. Hopefully stuff will change over the next couple of weeks. I haven't tried fertility massage. I have thought about acupuncture before but im guessing neither is an option at the moment with lockdown.

We are extremely lucky in the north east, we get a whopping 3 full nhs cycles funded, we got 3 transfers of our first and will get 3 of the 2nd too. If this round is unsuccessful we have another frostie left and then our 3rd circle.

8868dee - Im sure i have cycled with you before i recognize your name. I have had an awful time with the progynova this time but had absolutely no issues on previous FET. You will be quite close to me dates wise.

AFM - I meant to add i have to have a COVID swab on sunday and then self isolate till transfer. I havent been out since Sept (as we were on local restrictions from Sept 18th) so im certain the test will come back fine.

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #38 on: 5/11/20, 20:04 »
    Jen: it may of been August last year, Iím not sure but I remember your name lol. Yeah my scan is on Tuesday tea time i am expecting them to say not quite ready and a few more days which is whst they did last time (them covid happenes so was cancelled). Tho i am hoping Iíll be ready this scan lol fingers crossed. I donít have a transfer day but i am aiming for around 25th November, any earlier is a bonus x

Offline Mmc224

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 6/11/20, 11:27 »
    Dee, we were August/September cycle last year, and I think I do remember your name 🙂

Hi to everyone and good luck to all of us, I certainly didn't expect to be doing this during a pandemic.  I'm waiting for a bleed to start my cycle, should be around 26th, and then estrogen tablets until my lining scan.