* Author Topic: November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 10636 times)

0 Members

Offline mouse80

modify
November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #50 on: 10/11/20, 22:29 »
Hi 8868dee. Fingers crossed your lining will be ready in a few days. It depends on if you are transfer a blast? If so itís usually 5 days later.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 11/11/20, 16:48 »
    Well, this year is a write off.

Discussion with clinic earlier, we're leaving this cycle. I was due to start the pill on Saturday so wanted to clarify the potentials, we would be flying out around the 5th of December for Greece, which is open to travel, we obviously would have to fly so thats a risk, and should we end up contracting covid out there we have to stay and quarantine for 2 weeks, which if that happened around egg collection, we're there over christmas! We'd totally not thought of that.

I'd been trying to have a back up with the Hewitt, however they seem to have a years wait on a TESE procedure. So for me, unless my MP and MSs get back to me over the quarantine on return within the next couple of days - we're buggered for this month.

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 11/11/20, 18:58 »
    Blodyn - Oh no! i really feel for you, it's such an uncertain time out there when travelling for treatment. Im so relived to have made it to transfer day.

Fyfey - Im not sure whether it is clinic specific or not but it was a condition of me being accepted for treatment that i had to be swabbed before transfer. I would just keep quiet on the bloods,

8868dee - Hope your lining is growing nice and thick and you can get the go ahead for transfer. Transfer is anything from 5-7 days after i think. In my case it was 7 days. Good luck for Saturday

Mouse80 - Hope your scans go well on Thursday.

Lorz80 - Sending you lots of positive vibes! How are you finding the 2ww so far?

AFM - Im feeling hopeful but nervous about transfer tomorrow. I really want to keep busy in the 2ww. Been on the delightful pessaries since Saturday, the ones i had this cycle and last cycle are front door ones with applicators which if im honest are actually not so bad. Trying to be postive and not let my anxieties and fears about what happened last time over shadow this round.

Jen

x

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 11/11/20, 23:33 »
    Mouse: thank you, I hope so too. My embroys are day 5 blasts and both are being transferred fingers crossed xx 

Bloodyn: oh no :( so sorry about that x i also feel for you xx

Jen: ty i am hoping it is 5 rather than six as ill have to take a sick day off work. Xx good luck with transfer tomorrow xx am routing for u xx

Afm: nothing to report really, my sad side effects have eased so im now willing away the week till Saturday lol x

Offline Red1981

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #54 on: 12/11/20, 06:43 »
    Hi Ladies,

Can I join your group?

Just turned 39 and starting my first IVF cycle at CRGH this month doing egg batching, we are trying for a sibling for my 3 year old. I've only ever been able to fall pregnant after surgery to remove endo, first one resulted in my son and the second in August last year resulted in pregnancy in the December and then a miscarriage in March this year. I'm currently on day 10. I started off with Norethistone and Progynova and then Clomid for 5 days. I then was on 150 Fostimon, 75 meriofert every other day, on day 5 i had 17 follicles which was a bit of a surprise as i have low amh (5.5 pmol) and FSH 10. They upped my dose to 225 of each but still every other day. Day 9 yesterday and only 4 of the follicles are responding. Feeling a bit deflated by the whole experience. I haven't had any contact with the consultant since the initial consultation and hear everything via the nurses. I don't know if this is normal for follicles to not respond or grow or if the meds every other day arent pushing them enough. Maybe I'm a slow grower and not a shower as they say!

How is everyone elses journey going? Sending best wishes

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 12/11/20, 07:54 »
    Blodyn sorry to hear this news. Covid is such a nightmare and Iím so sorry to hear itís impacting on your ivf plans. I really hope you can move forward in the new year.

Jen good luck with your transfer! Hope the 2ww goes quickly.

8868dee hope all goes to plan and you are ready for transfer soon.

Red welcome and sorry to hear about your follicles. I have a similar AMH to you and even though I have lots of follicles on my baseline scan only 2-4 ever grow. It sounds like you are on quite a mild protocol so maybe they can review this if you have to do a further cycle (hopefully not). It can take a while to work out which protocol and how your body responds to get things right. But having a few follicles doesnít mean that you wonít be successful. In my last cycle only 4 grew but we got 4 eggs and 2 blasts. It really is quality over quantity with lower AMH.

Hi to everyone else hope you are all doing well.

Offline Red1981

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 12/11/20, 10:09 »
    Hi Mouse,

Thanks for the welcome. :)

I was really positive when I heard I had 17 follicles and then when I went in for my day 9 scan and they said only 4 were responding my heart sank, who knows what point I'll be at when it comes close to collection next Monday. It doesn't help with the fact that I cant seem to get hold of the consultant and everything is via the nurses which for the money we are paying just isn't good enough. We're planning on doing one more cycle at CRGH after this one and then maybe move to the Evewell or Lister or Create, the latter two for a 3 cycle package and then after 5 cycles I'll be done. Evewell ive heard good things as they are more open to the american protocols with growth hormone etc. I've not even finished my first cycle and I'm really struggling mentally with it. I'm usually quite a positive person but the whole process just makes me feel like im part of a sausage factory! I kick myself for not trying IVF sooner, or for waiting so long after our first to try but I just wasn't ready.  :-\

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 12/11/20, 10:17 »
    Iíll do personals later after transfer. Embryo has survived the thaw!!!

Come on!!! Iíve got this!!! X

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 12/11/20, 12:00 »
    Jen thatís great news!

Red I hope you are doing ok. Itís frustrating not being able to get hold of the consultant but I donít think thatís unusual as most clinics would be nurse led. Iím at the lister and while all the appointments for scans etc are with the nurses the consultants are available on email and they are pretty good at responding. Also donít loose hope yet. I had a catch up follicle in my last cycle and ended up with 4 eggs from 4 follicles. Itís also so variable from cycle to cycle. You might end up with more than you think. I thought I would stop after 5 cycles but here I am at fresh no 6 and frozen no 1! Itís hard to stop but like you finances will put a stop to things eventually. We also have a 3 year old conceived naturally and ivf is a huge burden on time/emotions for everyone so think that will also make me stop. But at the moment Iím ploughing forward! I hope you get hold of the consultant and they can offer some advise.

Hi to everyone else.

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 13/11/20, 11:02 »
    Hope everyone is getting on ok?

I had my scan yesterday and my lining isnít ready so theyíve upped my dose of oestrogen and will be back on Monday for another scan. Ivf is just so much waiting, waiting and more waiting!