* Author Topic: November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 10642 times)

0 Members

Offline jenstuttz

modify
November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #60 on: 13/11/20, 16:01 »

Mouse - i feel you with the waiting on my fresh cycle i had to have additional scans but its always worth it in the end. Good luck for Monday.

Red - Welcome to the group! Dont lose hope. On my fresh cycle i was disappointed with my progress but they stimmed me for an extra couple of days and it was so worth it in the end. Fertility is definitely draining and test all of your emotions. I love our clinic they are so personal and make me feel valued. I would defo look into other options if you have that option.

8868dee - Thanks, Its really tough sometimes organising this stuff around work. I start a brand new job on monday am am wondering how this round will affect that but i will make it work whatever happens.

AFM - I had a really smooth transfer, as OH wasn't allowed in the transfer room they gave me a scan pic after embryo transfer. Its the most magical thing and i cant stop looking and hoping that its not going to be long until i have a baby scan picture to replace it with. Couldn't move for my cat yesterday she parked herself firmly on my tummy like a little hot water bottle keeping me warm. Had a couple of twinges but i honestly think Ive had the same on all my other cycles. There wasn't anything really noticeable on my last succesful round. I always feel really serene after transfer. Just have to hope the embryo is doing its thing :)

Hoping you are all well

x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Lorz80

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 14/11/20, 16:15 »
    Hi

Jen - when is your transfer, how are you feeling?

Mouse hope your lining thickens up soon!!!

Good luck with it all Red!!! Wishing you all the best!
    Sorry to anyone Iíve missed

I did an early test last night(due to test on Tuesday)  and got a positive. Iím tentatively excited!!! Now just to wait for the scan. So much waiting involved!!!!!! 

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 14/11/20, 16:43 »
    Lorz80 - such fantastic news!

Im ok, trying to keep busy! My transfer was Thursday and blood test on the 24/11. I might test early on Sat.

Ill see how i feel. Nothing noticeable yet. Just keeping positive x

Online mouse80

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 15/11/20, 07:46 »
    Just a quick one to say lovely news Lorz. Keeping everything crossed it all goes ok and your scan comes round quickly.

Jen hope you are managing to keep distracted in this tricky part of the 2WW.

Hi to everyone else

Offline Katkin

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #64 on: 15/11/20, 15:07 »
    Hi

Do you mind if I join you?  Due to have a FET on Friday, if all goes to plan. This is my first FET (definitely not my first cycle!!) and it was a bit of reality check when I signed the consent form last week having to plan what to do if the embies don't thaw ok (hadn't really considered that before).

Bit about me- 41- started IVF just as I turned 40 with high hopes (AMH 18) but seems I have fairly dire egg quality.  Cycle 1- got 2 to blast but both PGS abnormal. Cycle 2- upped the stims, 16 eggs but nothing to day 5 which was good enough to freeze (oestrogen levels always skyrocket on stims and have a history of PE's without any obvious underlying clotting abnormality so they weren't happy to do a fresh transfer due to risk of OHSS).  Changed clinics. New clinic not believers of PGS and by that point I was so fed up of having never got to a transfer that happy to go with that. Cycle 3 (essentially same protocol)- 5AA blast and a morula transferred, BFP but MMC at 7 weeks. Cycle 4- 2 5AB transferred (BFN) and 2 Frosties (5BB/BC). Went straight for another stim cycle in October- 10 eggs, 2 5AB blasts.  Felt really crappy by retrieval (and forgot to start taking my progesterone until the next day....oops) so decided to freeze so plan is to transfer those 2 this week if they survive the thaw, if not the B's from the cycle before.

Trying hard to keep hopeful but if I'm honest, finding it a bit of a struggle to think positive thoughts so would love to have you guys as some support.

Congrats Lorz80-hope things keep going well.

Good luck to everyone having scans/EC tomorrow.

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    • What ever dont break me makes me stronger
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 16/11/20, 09:17 »
    Welcome red :) good luck with your cycle x hopefully ur follies will respond more soon love, try not to lose hope x

Jen: aww thats a shame your OH wasnít allowed in x i have 3 cats they r amazing and super cuddly x good luck with the 2ww

Mouse: good luck today for ur scan x

Lorz: omg omg well done :) x

Welcome katkin x good luck with this cycle xx

Afm: sorry I havenít posted. Have been really feeling the emotions 😢. So went back on Saturday for a scan to be told my lining is at 6.7 but i looks like i have a little fluid in my womb so they will probably cancel. At this point i sm devastated because they cancelled my cycle before due to fluid in my womb. So i was to expect a call yesterday, well they rang yesterday and the doctor wants to scan me today at 1pm to decide what is going to happen this cycle x so i am literally praying that my lining is at 7 today and that no fluid is there otherwise it will be another cancellation cycle x

I am so sad itís unreal, they dont seem to be wanting to know why the fluid is there. The doctor last time said that they made a mistake but if itís happened again then clearly not a mistake x 

Offline Lorz80

modify
    « Reply #66 on: 16/11/20, 12:50 »
    8868dee!!! Got everything crossed for your scan today!!! I hope your lining has thickened up and the fluid has gone!!!!

Katkin, youíve had such an exhausting journey so far!!!got everything crossed for you for a successful transfer this week!!!! Xx

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 16/11/20, 14:20 »
    Aww thanks Lorz :) x

Just on way home from my appointment and there is no fluid at all and my lining is at 7.4/7.5mm so we can still go ahead phew x just waiting on a call for our transfer date x hopefully Friday or Monday x

Online mouse80

modify
    « Reply #68 on: 16/11/20, 14:52 »
    Great news 8868dee.

Katkin welcome

Jen hope youíre feeling ok so close to OTD

Sorry if Iíve missed anyone.

ATM my scan was today and sadly my lining is not thickening up. So back wed for a scan and to see the consultant. So frustrating as in the past I have responded well to vagiferm but for some reason this cycle just isnít going to plan and lining seems stuck at 5mm.

Offline 8868dee

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 16/11/20, 16:21 »
    Oh no mouse :( x hopefully it will thicken up some more xx