* Author Topic: November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies  (Read 5485 times)

0 Members

Offline Lorz80

modify
November / December 2020 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #70 on: 17/11/20, 11:04 »
8868 Iím absolutely delighted for you. I always take it as a sign when things work in my favour!! Good luck with your transfer!!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 18/11/20, 19:08 »
    8868dee- Fantastic! Have they confirmed a transfer day yet?

mouse80 - Its so frustrating, i felt that way on my last fresh cycle when things didnt seem to be happening very fast and then all of a sudden it was a mad rush as it all started happening. Hope todays scan went well and you can start moving forward

AFM - Im started a new job on monday with an hours commute each way so ive not had chance to post. Im still staying positive and the days are flying as im so busy but i suspect the weekend will be hardest.

I have had really sore/itchy boobs not sure if its a good sign or just a side effect of the progesterone but for now im staying positive. I might test at the weekend when i will be 9/10 dpt.

Sending you all love and luck

Jen

x

Offline mouse80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #72 on: 18/11/20, 21:43 »
    Hope everyone is well.

Unfortunately after a further scan today my lining is not improving and the consultant recommended cancelling and doing a hysteroscopy to rule out any scarring. Itís only a slim chance as I had a sailine scan last week which was clear but he felt that we shouldnít waste this last embryo without being sure. So no more ivf for me until February time.

Keeping everything crossed for some BFP on this thread.

Offline Katkin

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #73 on: 19/11/20, 08:46 »
    Hi everyone, hope all ok.

Mouse- so sorry to hear that, there are so many ups and downs with ivf and disappointments along the way. Iím sure itís worth delaying things though to get things right. I know another wait must be frustrating but it will come round in no time. Best of luck with your next try.

Jen-hope youíre doing ok and not losing the 2WW plot. I always find the second week the toughest. Have you decided if youíre going to test early or just wait it out? Hope the new job is going well, sounds like itís a good distraction to help time pass quicker!

8868dee- any news on a transfer date yet?

Red-how are you getting on?

AFM-not much to report. Transfer should be tomorrow, all being well. Starting to feel nervous about whether they will survive the thaw or not (I could have done a fresh transfer last cycle but felt a bit crappy so chose to freeze....now thinking if they donít thaw ok, that will have been a bad decision). So easy to torture yourself with the what ifís isnít it? Anyway trying to think positively.

Hope everyone is having a good week. X

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #74 on: 19/11/20, 18:16 »

mouse - so gutted for you. IVF is such an emotional rollercoaster. One things for sure, february will come around so quickly. This year has flown.

Katkin - Good Luck for transfer, its natural to worry about thawing, ive had 3 frozen cycles and all have thawed fine. Nothing is guaranteed but generally they only agree to freeze embryos's they are confident will survive the thaw. I find it fascinating that my little embryo's that have been frozen for a year can be thawed in less than 30 mins and start hatching and expanding again happy as larry.

AFM - Im really good, i have actually ordered some First Response tests today so i guess we will see if i can hold out over the weekend...

x

Online Katy_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #75 on: 20/11/20, 10:36 »
    Hello, hope Iím not too late joining this thread?

My husband and I are currently undergoing our second IVF journey. Our first journey was quite eventful with 7 attempts but we were finally blessed with our little miracle on our lucky number seven cycle.

We are going private now to try for a sibling.

I am currently on day 7 of stimms and itís not going great so far. I was initially on Norethisterone to bring about a bleed but I hadnít bled by the time my baseline scan came round.  My doctor scanned me and because my lining was quite thin told me it was ok to go ahead with Menopur.  That was last Friday and I have since had a moderate bleed 2 days ago. I rang the clinic but they said to keep going with the injections. Iím still bleeding a bit now and feel like my lining is not going to be anywhere near good enough for transfer (if I get that far!)

Feeling a bit deflated. I have another scan today but Iím not feeling too optimistic. I donít know why my doctor told me to start Menopur before I had bled.  Does this sound odd to anyone?

Offline Katkin

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 22/11/20, 17:39 »
    Welcome Katy_81. Afraid I don't have much insight but I guess the clinic must have experience in this situation? I would  have thought the stim drugs will be enough to build your lining up by the time you get to transfer but if not, could you freeze and transfer at a later date?

Jen- how are you getting on? Have you managed to hold out with testing? When is your OTD?

AFM- had 2 transferred uneventfully on Friday. Now (predictably) am worrying about lack of symptoms.  I'm trying to remind myself that last time, I had lots of symptoms and it was a BFN so trying not to read into it too much.

Hope everyone is doing ok.

Online Katy_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #77 on: 23/11/20, 08:52 »
    Thank you Katkin  :)

It seems I was worrying unnecessarily. I went for a scan on Friday which showed my lining at 9mm!

The best of luck to you in your 2ww. I didnít have any symptoms with last bfp other than feeling a bit light headed. I was convinced it hadnít worked and was pleasantly surprised when it had. xx

Offline Kcat80

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #78 on: 23/11/20, 13:14 »
    Hi everyone,

Is it OK for me to join? Little late to the group but the IVF loneliness is getting the better of me this time! I'm currently taking Norethisterone to get ready to start stimming this weekend (if all goes to plan). The hormones are already playing havoc with my emotions.

I'm cycling at CRGH and the plan is to do 2 back to back cycles to get enough embryos to do do PRGS although not feeling overly positive as my last cycle in July led to a transfer of two poor quality 3-day embryos. I've done all my previous IVF at Kings so hoping the slightly more aggressive approach at CRGH might make a difference....

Online Katy_81

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #79 on: 23/11/20, 20:28 »
    Hi Kcat80, of course itís fine to join. Iíve just joined myself  :)

I was also on Norethisterone to start with. Felt like I constantly had PMT with it  ;D
    Sending lots of good luck wishes your way and hope you can get started with stimms this weekend. xx

I just had my final scan today and all looks good for EC on Wednesday. Unfortunately, Iím at high risk of OHSS so itís going to be a freeze-all cycle. I was a little bit disappointed but the doctor has assured me that I can transfer in January (if we get that far of course!).

Feeling very bloated but hoping we get some lovely embryos on Wednesday  ^pray^ xx