* Author Topic: Covid tips re travelling to Spain for treatment  (Read 871 times)

0 Members

Offline jennyH1

Hi ladies,

Hope everyone's doing okay in these crazy times.

After waiting months and months (Thyroid related ..long story) we are finally about to have our first transfer in Spain since Covid. Fifth embryo transfer with donor eggs in total.
Just thought it might be worth starting a thread for those of us planning treatment during the pandemic.
It's all very surreal travelling at this time.
Wondering if anyone who has been during covid has any tips or important info the rest of us could benefit from?? Thanks so much everyone.

Here is what I've heard so far -

* All those travelling must complete a FCS form to produce at Spanish airport. It can be found on "Spain Travel Health" website. It can be printed or uploaded on phone as an app.

* The Spanish government is not currently requesting quarantine on arrival to Spain.

* Temperature checks at airport. If your temp is above 37.5 you may be asked to get tested or see airport Dr.

* Visual checks. Extra staff at airport to monitor for physical symptoms eg persistent cough.

* Masks are mandatory indoors and outdoors. Seems surgical masks are best for flying but if anyone can recommend a better mask please let us know.

* Hotels in Alicante are given a "Covid free" status if they meet all requirements.

* Hand gel containing 60% alcohol is safe in pregnancy.

* My clinic are testing before entry ( as far as I know)

Guys if anyone has any info, advice or tips on flights, accommodation or literally anything ... like even how to chill the heck out  ;D....please please post.

I don't think Covid is going anywhere soon and this thread might be a help for all those travelling for a very long time to come. I know any posts will help me massively.

Thanks everyone. 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline pdk

modify
    Covid tips re travelling to Spain for treatment
    « Reply #1 on: 26/10/20, 08:22 »
    Hello,

I travelled to Greece last weekeend. it was on short notice, couldnot check everything, busy with work

I was denied boarding because of PLF form needs to be filled 24hrs before and u need to show QR code on boarding.

In hurry rebooked next day through Poland, ..In poland, they donot allow people board, without covid test ! . Had to stay in poland rebook through Rome!!. In Rome, also u need separate PLF form for each flight.

Hope this helps
    pdk

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 26/10/20, 19:39 »
    Hi jenny

So glad to read your thyroid is under control now, great news! I have pinned this topic so it doesn't slip down the pages, hopefully these tips will help anyone currently travelling overseas in these crazy times. I am wishing you and everyone going through treatment all the very best luck xx

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 27/10/20, 19:13 »
    Hi. Your inbox is full JenH1 ;)

The covid test in VH clinic Spain is a blood antibodies prick test. They take your temp on arrival to enter the hospital and again to get into the clinic (itís in a hospital). 

Result back in 20 mins and then they proceed. You sit in an air filtered area waiting.  So itís not a full covid test (swabs). It just tests for antibodies in your blood. Hence the speed.

They give you a letter for travel and to carry meds. Important since we are not permitted to travel otherwise. They also give you a letter to show you tested negative. No one asks nor cares on arrival home I showed them before. Same rules. 14 days restricted movement.

Please make sure all your serologies for HIV etc are within 6 months too as they have updated the time for that from 12 months to 6 months. They can do them there but allow them extra time.

Spain are mask compliant. Everyone wears them.

Hereís to safe November travel.

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 27/10/20, 20:50 »
    Pdk - Thanks a mil for posting. Every bit of info is welcome as hopefully will help others. God love you that sounds really stressful. Sorry you had to go through all that!! It's such a tricky time for travel. Hope everything went ok for you in the end. Wishing you lots of baby dust xx

ZC - Hey mrs how's tricks. Sorry have made room in inbox and sent you a PM. Hope all's good with you and thanks for all that info xx

Artypants - How are you. Hope all's good there. Thanks a mil for pinning this post. Hopefully other ladies who have travelled might share some tips/info that those who have yet to fly can benefit from. These sure are crazy times and like yourself I wish everyone just the best of luck especially after all the extra effort and courage that is needed right now xx

Offline Artypants

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 28/10/20, 18:05 »
    Hi Jenny

I am good thanks my lovely. I am feeling relieved to not have to travel in these scary times, i can't imagine going through IVF as well as dealing with Covid19 in these times, I fully empathise with how horrible this must feel.  ^hugme^ ^hugme^

Offline shoegals

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 6/11/20, 14:01 »
    Hi Jenny

I flew in September. .

The hotel have certificates showing the are covid free/compliant. You must wear a mask in common areas at all times but it was very clean and very safe.
    Masks are compulsory indoors and outdoors at all times, resturants have tables spaced for social distancing and you have to sanitise your hands going in and out of every shop, resturant and hotel.

I felt it was very safe, as everyone wears masks outdoors and indoors. I just wore my mask and santised my hands constantly like I would at home.

Best of luck with your transfer - its as safe in Alicante as it is here at home.

Shogals

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 12/11/20, 22:40 »
    Shoegals thanks so much for your input.

It's great to know how Alicante are dealing with it and even better to know you felt safe when you were over there.

We're due to fly soon and it's hard not to worry about Covid on the plane etc etc especially when your pumped up with hormones  ^idiot^ so thanks again!!!

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 13/11/20, 10:08 »
    Get N95 masks from Amazon quick ship or your local pharmacy

The last time I filed there was no one on the plane in July. They had spaced everyone out.

Itís probably as safe as the shops. You can do it. Just go slow and be sensible. Mask up. Wash hands. Sanitiser. Dettol  wipes Or those milupa sterilising wipes in the baby section are great.

Itís a quick flight. No drinks or food etc.

Youíll be fine. Donít worrry. Itís ok.

On arrival have your app ready to open and scan in the baggage hall exit area. And then youíre sorted.

C6 bus is fine too if you want to take it.

Offline mrs_hopeful

modify
    « Reply #9 on: 18/11/20, 11:28 »
    jennyH1 THANK YOU so so much for starting this tread!
    And a big thank you to all of you for all of your tips and insights.
    You have no idea just how comforted I feel now about planning our next round in Alicante xxx