* Author Topic: Urgent question.. can't contact clinic  (Read 267 times)

0 Members

Offline jennyH1

modify
Urgent question.. can't contact clinic
« on: 29/11/20, 09:57 »
Hi everyone

After 3 yrs of trying and many cycles with own eggs we finally got a positive with our 3rd cycle with donor eggs.

I have an urgent question for anyone's whos around today as its Sunday and I can't get through to our clinic.

So yesterday was 5dp5dt.. fresh transfer 2 embies and we got a really faint line on first response. This morning it was slightly darker and we got a 1—2 wks pregnant on clear blue.

A friend here suggested it might be worth asking to have my progesterone increased to 2 prolutex a day. I'm currently on cyclogest 400 twice daily and prolutex one 25mg inj.

I wonder if she is right. My boobs had gotten bigger from the progesterone and I've noticed since yesterday they have gotten much smaller. So much so that I was expecting a neg this morn.

Has anyone ever had experience of this or heard of anyone whos progesterone was increased in 2ww??

The only time we've ever had  a BFP before it ended in early miscarriage and I'm desperately trying to avoid that!!

I wish it wasn't Sunday!! The clinic are not answering.

Hope I'm posting this in the correct place where it might be seen.

Thanks everyone xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline K jade

• Gold Member
    • Infertility veteran since 2011! BFN princess :)
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 29/11/20, 11:39 »
    It sounds like your on plenty.
    I had a string of failures and the cycle I succeeded on I just took bog standard 400mg twice per day.

Did u do natural transfer? Or medicated?
    Because if you did natural you still have corpus which will be ramping up progesterone anyway.

Regarding boobs . Swelling and soreness comes and goes throughout pregnancy. I find it was there 1minute gone the next and definitely doesn't mean anything

Most of all congrats!!!!

Offline jennyH1

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 29/11/20, 13:05 »
    Oh my God K jade thanks so much for your reply
    I was freaking out here over boob size changing so dramatically within 24hrs. Thought for sure it was a bad sign. My boobs are small and they really had blown up ever since prep for transfer and to see them return to being small so soon was a shock.

I had donor egg IVF so your on the estrogen & progesterone before & after transfer.

I forgot to mention I was on IM progesterone before transfer but had a really bad allergic reaction so after transfer they changed to prolutex and cyclogest and I guess that's another reason I am nervous ré levels dropping.

Thanks so much again you are such a pet for replying

Thanks for the congrats but like all of us who've had a long journey in IVF its hard to believe a positive result even when you see it. I'm just PRAYING it stays that way xx

Online Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #3 on: 29/11/20, 16:00 »
    I had my daughter using donor eggs and i'm 14 weeks now with a donor FET. I'd stick with what the clinic has told you to do, but sending big hugs. They gave me a detailed treatment card and I followed that - I think if they wanted you to increase it, it would say.

Hope the next few days and weeks go smoothly  ^hugme^

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 29/11/20, 21:39 »
    Jen your inbox is full 😉