* Author Topic: November 2020 - 2WW  (Read 869 times)

0 Members

Offline Sharry

• Saviour of the Volunteer Team's Combined Sanities
  • Volunteer
modify
November 2020 - 2WW
« on: 7/11/20, 18:29 »
A thread for everybody testing in November.

Goodluck

Sharry  :-*

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MiaCat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    November 2020 - 2WW
    « Reply #1 on: 8/11/20, 10:36 »
    Hello. I’m meant to be testing on Tuesday. I told myself I wouldn’t test until then, but I just went and did it ‘to see’.
    3x bfn strips
    :(
    I know it technically means nothing, right? It could just be slow developing. Right?  ^pray^

Offline Rio2016

modify
    November 2020 - 2WW
    « Reply #2 on: 8/11/20, 19:11 »
    I don’t want to read and run but sending ❤️❤️ I don’t know how much you can tell on an early pregnancy test - good to do it again on Tuesday xxx

Offline MiaCat

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    November 2020 - 2WW
    « Reply #3 on: 9/11/20, 08:40 »
    Thanks Rio xx

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    November 2020 - 2WW
    « Reply #4 on: 11/11/20, 18:59 »
    How are you feeling Miacat? I have my transfer tomorrow :)

Offline Hayley86

modify
    2WW- Tested Early BFN!
    « Reply #5 on: 20/11/20, 12:42 »
    Hello Everyone.

I am looking for some stories to cheer me up today and until OTD!

I did the one thing I said I would never do… I tested early…

OTD is Sunday 22nd November 2020… FET was on Tuesday 10th November 2020.

I never walked into this journey believing it would easy, but I tried to remain optimistic, maybe that is where I went wrong!

I feel guilty sometimes, why should I feel sad, my partner and I were blessed with our lovely daughter via ISCI in 2019 on our first attempt. Failure and disappointment are part of this journey and now it is our turn. We have had our BFP, its now somebody else’s turn to get their BFP.

Our daughter’s embryo grade was a 4AB. The embryo we had transferred this time was a 4BA. I do not have any fertility issues, so tried to think and be. A good friend of mine got her BFP last month via IVF with her second baby via sperm donor. Her embryo was a 4BB, so I thought well maybe, maybe we could be lucky a second time around too. Doctor quoted us stats of 50% success.

For some reason, this 2WW seemed a lot more difficult than the first. We tested on Wednesday…. There was the VERY VERY VERY faintest of lines, one that you had to really, really, really, want to see where many would argue there was no line. I used my first morning urine at about 3:30am… well actually peed at 2:30am and could not sleep so decided to test. We could not decide if there was or was not a line so tested again a few hours later and there was no line.

We decided not to test on Thursday morning but could not hold out so tested again this morning. We tested at 5am and then again at 8am, nothing… no line.

OTD is 2 days away. I used Clear Blue Early detection. My friend last month tested 5 days before OTD and got her line which darkened each day up until OTD.

I guess what I am trying to ask in the most long winded of ways is, is there hope? At this stage in the game is holding on to hope setting ourselves up for failure and heartbreak?
    Has it happened to you where you tested before the OTD got a BFN and then went on to get your BFP?
    I guess there is a reason why OTD is set 12 days after transfer and clinics do not advise on early detection tests.

I feel empty. It is a horrible place to be. To anyone out there who is feeling the same I send you a big warm hug and hope you get you BFP one day.

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    November 2020 - 2WW
    « Reply #6 on: 20/11/20, 18:39 »
    Hayley - there are so many factors with tests and implantation etc so try not to worry too much. I had my FET on the 12th and so far have avoided testing as I’m too scared. I have also heard of people getting negative tests until there OTD one as it all depends on when the little embie implants.

X

Offline Hayley86

modify
    November 2020 - 2WW
    « Reply #7 on: 21/11/20, 08:35 »
    jenstuttz - Thanks for taking the time to respond! I'll try my best not to worry and keep my fingers and toes tightly crossed for the both of us :)

All the best on your journey xx

Offline jennyH1

modify
    November 2020 - 2WW
    « Reply #8 on: Yesterday at 16:37 »
    Hi everyone

Great to find this thread.
    Im on the dreaded 2ww after transferring 2 little embies last Monday so I'm d4 after a5dt

I hate this time. The constant self monitoring for symptoms, second guessing food wondering if I've walked too much or too little yada yada.... geeeeez your head would be melted

I had a really mega stressful few days since transfer which I won't bore you with. Everything's OK again so I'm trying desperately to forget them.

How's everyone doing?

Offline jennyH1

modify
    November 2020 - 2WW
    « Reply #9 on: Yesterday at 16:47 »
    Miacat, jenstuttz, Haley 86 just caught up on post. Hope your all doing OK? Haven't seen any recent posts from you guys. Hoping everyone is well regardless of outcomes. This journey is sooooo incredibly difficult xxx