* Author Topic: Bfp - due May / June / July 2021  (Read 1939 times)

0 Members

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
modify
Bfp - due May / June / July 2021
« on: 28/11/20, 06:28 »
I thought I would start this thread as there are a few of us who cycled in Sept / October that are pregnant but obviously keeping baby chatter down in the ttc board were using.

This seems a good place to share early pregnancy worries,  woes, exciting and share the next stage of our journey.

Hugs Ikle xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #1 on: 28/11/20, 07:12 »
    Hi Ikle, good idea! Iíve missed chatting with you all. How are you doing? My scan and blood test results all came back fine so Iíve started telling friends and family. Iíve not told work yet but thinking Iíll wait until after Christmas. 

Xx

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 28/11/20, 10:43 »
    Hey Rio,

That's amazing news,  it must be such a huge relief to be over the 12 week mark.  Had it sunk in yet?

We did the harmony text last week and have our 12 week scan on Thursday,  I just can't wait feeling a little more relaxed as I've been scanned weekly until last week by the miscarriage clinic but this is the first time I've gone 2 weeks between checkups. 

We're telling my family at xmas so we can tell them in person but we've told a few friends already and my father in law as they run a business together so he needed to explain all the time off for hospital appointments.

I'm not telling work until after Xmas either as we're going through a restructure which I running and designing so I'm hoping to get a promotion out of it which I deserve but I don't think will be forthcoming if they know I'll be leaving on mat leave.

Will you find out what you are having or do you prefer a surprise? 

Hugs, Ikle xxx

Offline TrionaT

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 28/11/20, 11:11 »
    Hi girls
    Thanks for setting it up Ikle!
    Great to hear from you and that things are going well!
    Im still in bed,been up since 5am vomitting..I am totally taken by surprise by how sick i am considering i had very mild queasyness with the twins that was fixed easily with one cracker in the morning but this is something else that goes on all day..I shouod be thrilled everything is going.ok but my whole day revolves around being sick and trying to eat drink...I have a 10wk private scan booked for today if i can manage to crawl out of bed..at least its Sat i cant do bed Mon to Fri..but i crawl in at 9every night to make the days shorter.
    Ikle that will be lovely telling them at

XMas..we are thinking the same and hoping i am a bit more well by then.
    Have you an issue with progesterone?
    I am struggling with the hormones.i cut my dose in half ,not recommeded by my clinic but i literally cant take anymore progesterone my cervix is not liking it and has been bleeding.i think the dose they had me on was too high as when i read the med pack it said 200mg max per time not 400...i figure the placenta will be producing some p and e by now. 10wks.Believe me.i dont want to risk this pregnancy ive done loads of research..trying to balance not getting an infection and having enough progesterone/oestrogen while trying to not vomit up tablets too..it must be so easy not going through IVF not having to deal with all the drugs on top of pregnancy stuff.roll on 12wks ill be happy to throw the meds away hopefully forever woohoo!
    Hope everyone doing well.I also have a ridiculously bloated belly Ikle ,the injections and drugs im.sure..i lost a stone from throwing up but i look fatter than.before.:) I also really dont mind girl or boy as long as its healthy,it will be different no matter what as its our first biological one together.Ive started thinking of names now which is always nice to actually get a bit excited!xxx

Offline Lorz80

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 29/11/20, 13:15 »
    Thanks for setting this up Ickle! Iím loving hearing how youíre all doing!!!

Iím currently 6 weeks2 days. I have a scan next Sunday to confirm everything is ok. Iím nervous! Last night I needed a pee in the middle of the night and when I wiped it was a little bit pink. I totally freaked out but I had to go and settle my son in bed so I couldnít check dr google to see what it said. I was convinced it was the end and I got so anxious I wanted to be sick. I then wasnít sure if it was morning sickness or anxiety induced. Today things are back to normal. No more pink when I wipe. This is SUCH an anxious journey!!

Weíve told my parents because they babysat for my transfer. I think we plan to tell my MiL after the scan next week. I wanted to tell my brother at Christmas time but I wonít have had the 12 week scan by then and I should probably wait til after.

Love to you all

Xx

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 2/12/20, 06:27 »
    Hey ladies,

Wow Triona your sickness sounds blooming awful, I hope it lifts soon, I can't imagine having to carry on with twins with morning sickness like that. Mine has been bad but off and on and I get off respite which of course freaks me out and then it's back. I find as long as I'm nibbling carbs I can control it but that means I'm like the side of a house now.  I would imagine reducing the progesterone will help with the bloating and as you say by 10 weeks the placenta will be kicking in.  I'll be taking my Progesterone until 14/16 weeks but that's due to insufficiency issues in the past, can't wait to stop and hope the bloating goes down too.
    Do you and hubby agree on names or will it be a major task coming up with something you both like? I always find it so hard to imagine what would suit a baby until you've seen them in person,  hubby is already back tracking on the nave options we've agreed on for a boy so I'm hoping it's a girl for ease.

Lorz, how exciting it feels like that has come around quickly but I bet it's dragged for you, the next waiting room after the 2ww is almost harder waiting to get to the first scan.  Not long now just a few more sleeps. Have you had any beta blood tests or any follow ups or do your clinic not do those? In terms of bleeding I have to say I've had bleeding in every single pregnancy and a little bit is expected.  It can be your cervix from the pesseries or usually munchkin attaching itself to settle in for the long haul. They have to build hundreds of links to the blood vessels in your uterus to grow so its really common to experience bleeding in the first 10 weeks. I know that won't stop the anxiety but hopefully it'll give you some reassurance.
    How beautiful you have been able to share the news with your family so you have people you can talk to about it, it's so hard keeping it s secret.  Can't wait to tell mine.

So i have my 12 week scan on Thursday. I can't wait my anxiety it almost through the roof but I'm also going through a restructure with work which could lead to redundancy and I've been headhunted and it's a job I really want but obviously neither know I'm pregnant so I've no idea what to do.  I've got to tell the new job by Dec 11th what i want to do and I'm thinking of just being up front,  I want the job but I'm pregnant so at least I'll feel better if it's all on the table. I'm pretty sure they'll charge their mind after I've shared which i know they shouldn't but it does happen its pretty common and I'm not sure I'm ready to dive into 60 hour weeks to build my reputation with a new firm as I get into the 2nd and 3rd trimester. I'm awake most mornings at 4am stressing about it.  Having the scan and finding out of bubs is likely to make it to term will force me to face it all.

Hugs to all
    Ikle xxx

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 2/12/20, 21:07 »
    Hi all,

Ikle, hope all goes well with your scan tomorrow. Have you had your harmony test results? Are you finding out the sex? Sorry if you mentioned that.

I feel lucky that Iíve not felt sick - just very tired. Iím 14.5 weeks but still anxious. I think Iíll feel better when I can feel the baby moving about.

Iím on my phone so find it hard to read your posts too.

Triona- sorry youíve been so sick. Have you needed to have time off work?

Iím going to re read your posts and then come back x

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #7 on: 2/12/20, 21:14 »
    Gosh 60 hour weeks sound scary @ikle. Is that standard in your line of work?

I had to leave my high pressured stressful client-facing role back when I had my first failed cycle in 2016. I couldn't juggle it emotionally. I'm in a more straightforward part time role now and it isn't as taxing nor pushes me as much. Career wise it is a slower pace though.

Offline Rio2016

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 3/12/20, 07:19 »
    Ideally Iíd have something a bit more inbetween work wise cos I feel like I need to be stretched more.

Ikle, are they allowed to withdraw the headhunting offer if youíre pregnant? How many months would you be there before baby? Three or four? If itís in writing? Lots to think about. Itís hard to navigate isnít it!

Lorz, hope scan on Sunday all okay. Sorry about the pink scare. 💓

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 6/12/20, 07:10 »
    Just a quick one

Lorz, good luck today with the scan honey,  sending lots and lots of positive  vibes.

Rio, it's such a tough call I want to be stimulated mentally and challenged with work but this jobs generally require your 100% dedication which means racking up the hours,  being available all the time.  I wish I could find something that excites me but doesn't detract from my family.  I easily out a10/11 hour day in and miss so much time with my Son and I returned from Mat leave early to help them out. I'm not going to do it with this one, I'm taking 12 months and all my leave can't wait.
    Technically companies would have to honour the deal even if I turn up 4 months pregnant but it would be a career limiting move.  People have long memories and I think I'd ruin promotion chances etc because the trust would be gone.

Triona, how you doing? You must be coming up to 12 weeks soon, I hope the sickness is easing and wishing you all the best for the scan. If you get some good pictures you might be able to test the nub theory to see if it's a boy or girl early ❤💙

We made it to 12 weeks btw bubs is looking great, pretty sure it's a boy as his head is bigger than my sons which was on the 98th centile so if we're having a girl she'll have a huge head lol

Hugs to all

Ikle xxx