* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 4492 times)

0 Members

Offline Sharry

• Saviour of the Volunteer Team's Combined Sanities
  • Volunteer
modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« on: 11/12/20, 10:28 »
A new thread for all you ladies having treatment in January/ February 2021

Please read the FAQ here: https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=209838.0

^goodluck^ 

Happy Chatting ^gossip^

^fairydust^

Name    Treatment       Stimming        EC           ET      Test Date    Outcome

^hugme^ Honorary Members ^hugme^

If you want to be added please let me know  :)

Sharry xx

^fairydust^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Emz17

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 11/12/20, 15:45 »
    Iíll be the first to write ladies. I had 1 failed ivf cycle last February bfn. 1 fet in September early miscarriage. ☹️ And I am now embarking on ivf 3rd cycle. Itís gna b a fresh one. Got all my dates yesterday, Scratch is due 5th jan, egg collection 25th jan. and injections in between. Letís hope 2021 is a better year for us all!! good luck everyone look forward to cycling with you 🥰😘

Offline Blodyn76

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 11/12/20, 22:01 »
    After being bumped last month (thanks covid) hopefully it's this month - cycling abroad, cycle 5 differing approach for me this time, we're doing some freeze cycles, then down regging for a couple of months before doing transfers. I'll be starting stims the beginning of Jan, going for collection around the 20th, providing covid doesn't spanner it AGAIN!

AFM - Long fertility history, 12 pregnancies 4 births (ex husband) all except one needing some help, clomid etc. Child 1 4xm/c child 2, 2x m/c child 3, surprise 4. (6m/c at this point)

IVF - TTC this one for coming up 7 years or there abouts. 4 rounds of IVF - 1 BFN, 2 BFP - septic m/c at 8 weeks, 3 BFN (crappest round ever), 4 BFP - M/C at 7 weeks 5 days then sepsis 4 days later. Such a joy! (now up to 8m/c)

Adeno, Endo, PCOS, adhesions, possible fibroids - adeno so far advanced MRI had some high frequency spots of adenomyomas too.

Had PRP done in September, will see if it makes a difference in the next cycle - 44 this month. Hormone profile is still fine, would just like a bit more quality for a few extra blasts!

Offline Emz17

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 11/12/20, 22:57 »
    Oh god u have really been through it we are doing ivf for our first baby and have been trying naturally for 5 years before it. I have pcos and only one tube we make good quality embryos but they just arenít sticking properly ☹️ Looks like we are stimming around the same time. Here if u need a rant or chat or anything  xxx

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 12/12/20, 08:34 »
    Hi Emz and Blodyn (we were on the nov thread together).

Iím heading for my 8th round in the new year (7 fresh and 1 fet) but nearly half of these cycles have been cancelled due to poor response. I have low egg reserve and donít make many eggs so have only managed 4 embryos in total.

My last fet was cancelled due to thin lining and the recommendation I should have a hysteroscopy for scarring (have a previous pregnancy which resulted in emergency section). So had that and it was all clear. So will start mid jan on estrogen tablets, patches and pessaries (I feel sorry for my OH my mood swings are terrible on estrogen!). I have also been told I will take baby aspirin to try and thicken up the lining.

Nice to have some people going through this at a similar time.

Offline Tickety-boo

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #5 on: 12/12/20, 10:42 »
    And in a triumph of optimism over experience.... here I go again! Can I join?  FET booked for W/c February 8th.

Hi emz, I donít think weíve cycled together before, but I could be wrong. Nice to meet you. Blodyn/mouse - nice (but obviously not nice because of the situation) to see/read you both again. I did follow the November/December group for a bit after I left and was sorry to hear about your cancelled cycles. I kept meaning to post and say so but a combination of illness, my own disappointment and frankly my very hectic job made forming sentences sort of difficult.

Background: started down this road in 2018. A lot of waiting on an nhs waiting list to have endometrial polyps removed- eventually done in September 2019. Diagnosed with pcos, hypothyroidism. Take metformin and thyroxine now. Initially tried medicated iui as my main problem is I just donít ovulate, I donít have natural cycles at all really and never have done. Even when I was slim/fit 18 year old I had a period maybe twice a year. First cycle cancelled because my lining was too thick. Second cancelled because I didnít respond. Third went all the way, got pregnant February 2020 - ectopic. Ruptured at 8 weeks, lost my left tube. Lockdown etc. Started first ivf October 2020, clinic couldnít get me in before then. They were unable to access my left ovary (they suspect due to scar tissue left behind from the ectopic) so were only able to get eggs from the right (I hate knowing the ones on the left were wasted). Anyway, developed severe OHSS and admitted to hospital 4 days post egg collection. Only an inpatient for a couple of days but Iíve been having to go in every week since discharge for bloods/weight/measurement and occasional scans. Finally discharged properly yesterday as everything back to normal. Embryos were frozen - never got to try a fresh transfer because I was too sick.

So now Iím getting ready for a frozen transfer in February. Iím told I have two top grade blasts. One hatching. I have migraine with aura so there was a concern about giving me too much exogenous oestrogen therefore theyíre planning on transferring on a short cycle. I basically use northisterone to bring on a period in January then have a scan. Use suprecur/oestrogen (lower doses than would otherwise be needed because I didnít down regulate before hand) and transfer about day 14. Assuming it thaws ok it will be a single embryo transfer. Iím told statistically thatís the best option in my age group.

Until then I guess the plan is to enjoy Christmas. Oh and probably move house - date for this yet to be confirmed but Iím hoping itís before transfer.

Xx

Offline jenstuttz

modify
    « Reply #6 on: 12/12/20, 20:00 »
    Hey guys!!

Recognise a few names from the previous threads. Hoping to cycle again in jan/feb. Have a review on the 21st about our last cycle which was a BFN.

Just donít understand why our blooming embryos wonít stick :( x

Offline emilyinthegarden

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #7 on: 18/12/20, 15:53 »
    Hi everyone,
    we've just been booked in to start on the 23rd or 24th of January - round one and trying to conceive our first! We're with ABC IVF and my other half had a TESE yesterday to extract sperm due to non-obstructive azoospermia so we'll be having ICSI. We got enough for 2 rounds so hoping he doesn't have to go through that again! Good luck to all :)

Offline asinglerose

modify
    « Reply #8 on: 19/12/20, 19:26 »
    Hi everyone,

Iíve been a lurker on here for years. Feels good to FINALLY be gearing up to go. I will be doing a frozen embryo transfer of donor embryos in Portugal. Iím scheduled to transfer 2 embryos on 29th January - around day 22 of meds. Itís my first transfer ever so itís all nervous excitement at the moment. Iím anxious to just have it done as with COVID, thereís no telling from one day to the next what will happen. Right now, I have this horrid fear that flights will be canceled last minute.

Iím sorry to hear of those of you whoíve had long difficult journeys so far, may 2021 bring you joy at last. For those on round 1, I wish you all the best as well.

Offline Brighton24

• PCOS on metformin 1500mg since Feb 2008.
    modify
    « Reply #9 on: 22/12/20, 08:55 »
    Hello Everyone,

I am finally HOPEFULLY starting FET cycle when my period arrives very early Jan. I was last on boards in Nov/December 19 for a final fresh IVF for which I tested negative on Xmas day. I have 2 blasts frozen from this cycle. I did 3 freeze all cycles when I was 34/5 and have about 24 2pn embryos waiting to be defrosted and grown to see what I have to transfer. I am undecided as to whether we will use aneuploidy?? tests but have been told I can decide at the time.

I am very very nervous as I was going to to one more fresh cycle in Feb/March but covid put an end to this. So, I can't afford to keep going with my own eggs. I have decided if all my 2pns don't result in a pregnancy then I will save for donor egg. This has been a 15 year journey for me and my partner and many treatments etc so I hope hope hope this might be our time.

Since my last cycle a year ago, I have turned 40, started a new job in September,  and have struggled with some health issues that looked like MS. This was very stressful but it was ruled out with MRI and neurologist, but rheumatologist tests  are pointing to antiphosoplipid syndrome - APS (can look like MS but I also get frequent migraines which can be a symptom of APS). So, I have to take aspirin and heparin this cycle. I hope that all the meds don't make my migraines too unbearable.

I see a few familiar names from Nov/December - hello all :)

Hope everyone is planning something nice and relaxing for the Xmas period.

XXX B