* Author Topic: January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies  (Read 16865 times)

0 Members

Offline Fyfey

modify
January / February 2021 Cycle Buddies
« Reply #130 on: 2/02/21, 15:34 »
Afternoon Everyone,

Wobbly, I am so sorry to hear about your crap day yesterday!!! I really can't even comprehend how you must be feeling, what a rollercoaster of emotions. :( Do you have a stressful demanding job, which might either take your mind away from things or stress you out more!! Take time for you hun, I really hope things progress well for you. As you said God is greater than any results!

Ellie, cautiously congratulating you!! :) Thursday isnt long away!!

Emily, everything sounds like its going to plan for you! How are you feeling about Friday? I feel really anxious about EC this time for some reason! Oh I'm going to look into Circle and Bloom!
Ive tried acupuncture before and loved it, I've not gone for it this time, I think the whole covid stuff has put me off abit!

Emz, thats fantastic news, I bet you are over the moon!! How exciting!!! Yeah take the next month or two to relax and get visualising all the good your body can do!

Can anyone give me any words or just a shake even... well virtually! lol Im in Scotland and work in a school, so Sturgeon has just announced that she is hoping that the infant end of schools is back from 22nd Feb. I all of a sudden feel really anxious.... it's surely the meds, as I wasnt bothered between August and December. Im thinking EC/ET will be the week of 22nd or possibly transer the week of 1st March, so bang in line with when i'm meant to be back at work. During my previous cycles, I've worked all the way through and not been phased by it, so im defo putting it down to the meds coupled with covid!!

Sorry thats a bit of a rabble, hopefully you guys understand where Im coming from.... I daren't even mention it to my OH, he'll think im being daft i'm sure of it! lol

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 2/02/21, 16:37 »
    Thanks! Wobbly - I'd never heard of Cabergoline, it's good to know there's something they can actually prescribe rather than just 'wait and see'. How are you doing?
    Emz - that's amazing! Taking a month or two off sounds like such a good idea, this whole thing is so draining. It must feel great to know you have some blasts in the freezer  ^clapping^
    Fyfey - honestly, I have also been feeling much more anxious since starting the injections. Obviously the whole pandemic is very anxiety-inducing but I've been very practical and sensible about things up to this point and now I'm refusing to even pop to the co-op as the stakes are so high. Would you be able to take a few days off for this cycle? Re: school, I think things would be at their safest if you're doing EC/ET as soon as you get back into work, as people will have been pretty much isolating up to then. So practically, it seems like the safer time to do it than a few weeks after mixing has started again if you get what I mean. I definitely understand where you're coming from though, the combination of covid and IVF is not ideal at all so I think we're doing well to not be absolute wrecks at this point  ^reiki^
    I'm quite nervous about the collection as I don't really know what to expect but I'm most nervous about my eggs not fertilising and none making it to 5 days as we have severe male factor, so that's my new things to stress about! The Circle and Bloom sessions are helping, the lady is American so I enjoy the way she says uterus ;D I've downloaded Expectful as well as they have some IVF-specific sessions so I'll see if they're any good.

Online SuperMaria

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 2/02/21, 19:33 »
    Good evening Everyone!

EC on Monday went ok, this time I got 1 egg fertilized and doctor didn't do anything with cyst, not sure if it required draining or not  ::) Now have started to take progesterone pessaries, ET on Thursday ^pray^

@ Emily, I'm fairly new as well in the IVF world, had my 1st EC last month, I was quite nervous the days before but it all went well, they will sedate you so won't feel anything! I was actually dreaming to be on the beach during the operation  ;D

@Emz17 awesome news 5 blasts frozen! Enjoy the break in the meantime!

@Ellie - congratulations for BFP  ^Heart^  hugs and hope test on Thursday goes well

Online WobblyTulip

• Natural BFP after 5 x IVF and 2 x mc. Then 1 mc.
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 2/02/21, 19:58 »
    Woo hoo Emz! Brilliant news!

I finally got the progesterone levels back from yesterday - much better at 156nmol/L. Guess it just fluctuates a whole heap around when I am tested vs. when I do pessary / injection. So no meed to up the meds. Back down to London on Friday and will have LIT plus they want a repeat beta. So that will give us a better idea of whether things are progressing or not. I also got an appointment with the local NHS recurrent mc consultant today in the diary for a scan at 7 weeks if things progress ok.

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 3/02/21, 14:24 »
    Hi all, just a quick one from me as Iím just on the way back to work from scan.

Emz great news
    Supermaria I hope you embryo makes good progress this week.
    Wobblytulip fab news re betas
    Fyfey think the whole world is feeling pretty anxious right now. That coupled with hormones is enough to send anyone into a spin.

ATM unfortunately my lining is not thick (5.8) despite flooding me with estrogen from all angles! Iím waiting for a call from dr about what next plan. So frustrating as this is what happened before Xmas and we had to cancelled so itís pretty crap to think we might be in the same boat again.

Offline ellieh17

modify
    « Reply #135 on: 3/02/21, 19:48 »
    hi everyone

Hope you are all well.

Emz congratulations on your 5 Frosties. Hope you are able to relax and s get your body and mind in the right place for your FET in a few months.

Wobbly thatís great news re your progesterone. Hope Friday goes well.

Fyfey I know how you feel, Iíve spent the last 2 days fighting with my work as Iím refusing to travel into central London. I work in an NHS lab. They have begrudgingly allowed me to have the next month as wfh and I have to let them know how my early scan goes. Is there someone at work you feel safe talking to about whatís going on and if there is anything your work could do? Itís totally fine to feel really anxious about everything thatís going on with COVID and the fact that we canít have vaccines. Fingers crossed that they delay the school reopening.

Emily my DH has rubbish motility and both ivf/icsi cycle weíve done we only managed to get 1 embryo to 5 day blast and amazingly bfp both times!! I know exactly how you feel as this cycle I was convinced we weíd fail at every stage, egg collection, fertilisation & to day 5. From my experience, Iíd expect to have the majority of your embryos to fail at day 3 and not to have anything to freeze. Up to day 3 the fertilised egg is reliant on egg only, at day 3 it has to switch on the genes from the sperm. Iím not sure how old you are but they say that younger eggs are better at being to able to repair any damage from poor quality sperm. Hope this helps

Mouse Iím really sorry to hear your lining is thin, maybe your clinic can scan you again in a weekís time and see if things have improved?

Hugs and sticky baby dust to you all. Xx

Offline HannahBox

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 4/02/21, 04:10 »
    Hello, could I be added to the group please? Iíve got a FET in February  :)

Offline asinglerose

modify
    « Reply #137 on: 4/02/21, 09:06 »
    Some of you might remember me from when I posted a couple of times earlier in the thread - things got so so busy that I couldn't possibly keep up.

HannaBox - welcome!

Mouse - have you tried vitamin E and L-arginine? I honestly think it made all the difference for me. Lining of 10mm on day 14 of meds and 16 on the day of transfer.

SuperMaria - good luck with your transfer today!

Ellie - congrats on your BFP and all the best for today's blood test!

WobblyTulip - how are you? Congratulations on your BFP! I saw you were concerned about your beta but doubling time is 48-72 hours so 69 hours would still have been acceptable. Will keep fingers crossed for you that things continue to go well.

Leanne - the meds were also horrific for me. It got better after after about 10 days then even better once I started progesterone.

AFM - drama free transfer on 29th January. Have since been in the dreaded 2WW. I was super hopeful at the beginning as I'm sure I felt implantation cramps on day 3 but not even a squinter till now (6dp5dt). So I've decided to just do a blood test on 7dpt just to see if anything is happening at all. There would be enough HCG for it to show up on a blood test if positive. Tests I have now will only measure HCG of 20 and above and yes, I should just be nice and patient and wait for day 12 or something but I'm not really built that way. Especially since I go back to work on Monday, I'd much rather have the news (bad or good) before I go back.

Online LeanneR

modify
    « Reply #138 on: 4/02/21, 13:05 »
    Hi ladies how are we all doing?

Wobbly - great news about your levels  :)  Hope tomorrow goes well.
    emilyinthegarden - Good luck for collection tomorrow. Hope it goes well. Its such an emotional process. You can do all the research but nothing can prepare you for that side of it.
    Supermaria - hope your transfer goes well today.
    Mouse80 - sorry to hear your lining isnt thick. Hope it doesnt get cancelled. What has your doc said?
    Ellieh17 - hope your test goes well today at the clinic
    Fyfey - No wonder your anxious about the schools going back. Im in scotland also and im a childminder. Ive been super busy cause of the schools and nurseries being closed but im a much smaller setting so don't so im not as concerned. I really thought the schools would be off till at least easter. You should talk to someone about your concerns going back. This is a stressful enough process without having to work and feel unsafe.
    Hannabox - welcome. DO you have a date for your FET? wishing you lots of luck.
    asinglerose - Its hard to be patient in the 2ww . Ive tested early in both my cycles. Fingers crossed for a good result with your blood test.

AFM - getting on fine with the meds now. My moods seem to of settled though im not sure my husband would agree  ;D
    Hope everyone else is doing okay xxxx

Offline mouse80

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 4/02/21, 14:41 »
    Just a quick one. Dr called and said add in extra tablet and another patch if I can tolerate the side effects. Am feeling horrendous on this much estrogen but may as well keep going! Back on Monday for another scan but plan is to transfer even if lining thin as itís triliniar and hysteroscopy before Xmas showed no scarring so he thinks we can go ahead.

Hope everyone ok. Sorry for lack of personals. Feeling pretty rough today so just managing to get through work tasks.